We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Eon Next Reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 8 January 2022 at 10:47AM
    Options
    Rodders53 said:
    Astria said:
    But I do love the new billing system where you enter the readings and automatically get a bill rather than having to wait 
    That bit sort or works... but why am I still waiting for my DD to be applied as a credit 3 full working days after my bank sent it?
    Other suppliers I've been with could apply the DD to credit the account faster than this bunch...
    Yes I too notice that the January payment went out of my bank account on Tuesday 4th.  Yet to be credited although it does state that 'payment is pending'.  The money has arrived with Eon and in spite of the Kraken technology in giving fast billing upon receipt of a reading, their systems are slower in applying DD payments than every other provider I have been with.  One-off debit card payments have been registered on my account the same day.  That being said, when it does appear (usually several days later) the dating of it is as per the date of the DD.   Why in this day and age need it be 4 working days plus for Eon to update the account to reflect the correct balance?  
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 21 December 2023 at 3:18PM
    Options
    Rodders53 said:
    Astria said:
    But I do love the new billing system where you enter the readings and automatically get a bill rather than having to wait 
    That bit sort or works... but why am I still waiting for my DD to be applied as a credit 3 full working days after my bank sent it?
    Other suppliers I've been with could apply the DD to credit the account faster than this bunch...
    Yes I too notice that the January payment went out of my bank account on Tuesday 4th.  Yet to be credited although it does state that 'payment is pending'.  The money has arrived with Eon and in spite of the Kraken technology in giving fast billing upon receipt of a reading, their systems are slower in applying DD payments than every other provider I have been with.  One-off debit card payments have been registered on my account the same day.  That being said, when it does appear (usually several days later) the dating of it is as per the date of the DD.   Why in this day and age need it be 4 working days plus for Eon to update the account to reflect the correct balance?  
    Just checked and my January payment has now credited (it hadn't when i looked yesterday morning).    But I agree, it's a slow process!!
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.57% of current retirement "pot" (as at end May 2024)
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,160 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 21 December 2023 at 3:18PM
    Options
    Rodders53 said:
    Astria said:
      Why in this day and age need it be 4 working days plus for Eon to update the account to reflect the correct balance?  
    Same timescale with Octopus Energy purely down to Kracken system, many other suppliers credit accounts on direct debit  date

• oldagetraveller1
    Options
    I'm "glad" it's not only my experience with the delay in DD payment showing in my Eon account.
    This month is only the second payment and it's no different to December's in the time from DD taken to showing in account!
  • lake888
    lake888 Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sea_Shell said:
    I've been on chat with Next, and have been advised it can take at least 8 weeks for smart meters to start working again following an internal switch.

So I gave manual readings and got an updated bill same day.
    Is there a chat service with Eon.Next at all?  I always want to search for that contact method but can't find it.  I know Eon has that facility.
  • Sea_Shell
    Options
    lake888 said:
    Sea_Shell said:
    I've been on chat with Next, and have been advised it can take at least 8 weeks for smart meters to start working again following an internal switch.

So I gave manual readings and got an updated bill same day.
    Is there a chat service with Eon.Next at all?  I always want to search for that contact method but can't find it.  I know Eon has that facility.
    Sorry, I was using Facebook messenger.   They were quick to reply.

They have an official page.   Look for the blue tick.
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.57% of current retirement "pot" (as at end May 2024)
  • Sea_Shell
    Options
    It's been 11 weeks now, since our migration to Eon Next (from Eon), and our smart meters are still not sending readings!!

Will give it another couple of weeks and then contact them again, if that's still the case.

I'll submit my own reading on the 1st Feb anyway.
  • Sea_Shell
    Options
    For info...

I've contacted them again and they agreed that it should've sorted itself by now.

They tried to connect remotely and couldn't, so have passed my case on to their meter department.

We'll see what happens.
  • Sea_Shell
    Options
    Contacted them again yesterday, and they still have not managed to get it working!!!

Who'd have thought just moving from Eon to Eon Next would cause this problem.

Anyway, they hope to have it re-set and resolved over the weekend, so have asked me to also unplug my IHD until Monday too (not sure what that'll do, as that's been working fine!)

• Sea_Shell
    Options
    Finally.   My meters have sent their readings!!!    It's only taken since mid November to sort out.   
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback