Orange Retention Offers

Options

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,312 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep I should have £1 on my phone as I had a text to say that £1 had been credited to get me started. Yet I was not able to access CS using it as the recorded message said I had insufficient credit.

When I went into top up the recorded message said I had to register my details and my first payment would require a £10 credit and for that I would get extra credit for the following month (or some such deal). I did eventually get through on a landline and they have agreed to send me my PAC in approx 5 working days. They also put me through again to retentions who could only offer me 200 minutes and 100 texts for £25.

I just walked down into town and my local Orange shop has a deal in the window for 300 minutes and 3000 texts a month for £26.66, I didn't bother checking the small print though and didn't bother going into the shop.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin
    Options
    Well I did finally get a retention deal (that appears to be in a missing post?) and all was Ok on a £17 pm deal.

However I am now in despair again..firstly I have had a bill for reconnection at £34.99 and having just been passed around department after department they have put that bill on hold and applied a code to my account to say that it doesn't need to be paid so I *shouldn't* be cut off for non payment..

So while we were sorting this out I thought I had better check they had my retention deal correct, and no they don't. Instead of the £17 bill per month I had been promised it had gone through as £30 per month less a special 10% off making £27 a month. They say I can't have had an offer of £17 per month and when I told them it was on their recorded line and the details were double checked they said they would look into it and get back to me this afternoon.

I'm really having an awful day here already and now to basically find I was sold something which they now deny is really getting to me.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • SubPop
    SubPop Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    JollyNolly wrote: »
    You certainly got a great deal, well done. I'm about to try something similar, although I'm not nearly such a heavy user.

It would interest me to know how you approached Orange Retentions - did you mention that you'd found a better contract elsewhere? If so, did you mention that it was with a possibly-dodgy-online-claim-your-discount contract reseller?

Do you think it makes a difference who you talk to at Orange Retentions? Might it be worth ringing back a couple of times in the hope of talking to someone at the call centre who happens to be in a good mood??

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you :

What i did was (i) Go on 1compare and get the best deals available
    (ii) Phone up monday afternoon and proceed as If i was leaving orange via the menu
    (iii) when I got through to a human was polite, cheerful and saying basically I don't want to leave you as your service is excellant but i can get this phone for 10 quid at 28 a month for 12 months from this compnay (didn't mention it was a dodgy cashback scheme) so can I have my PAC please. After some checks they offered me a deal which i turned down (not enough minutes), offered me another deal which i turned down (too many minutes) and the third deal was what i wanted in terms of minutes and line rental and job done.

do some research on what you can get and be polite and cheerful on the phone and they will try and help you. Monday afternoons does seem to be a good time to try this.

Good luck !
  • SubPop
    SubPop Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    Well I did finally get a retention deal (that appears to be in a missing post?) and all was Ok on a £17 pm deal.

However I am now in despair again..firstly I have had a bill for reconnection at £34.99 and having just been passed around department after department they have put that bill on hold and applied a code to my account to say that it doesn't need to be paid so I *shouldn't* be cut off for non payment..

So while we were sorting this out I thought I had better check they had my retention deal correct, and no they don't. Instead of the £17 bill per month I had been promised it had gone through as £30 per month less a special 10% off making £27 a month. They say I can't have had an offer of £17 per month and when I told them it was on their recorded line and the details were double checked they said they would look into it and get back to me this afternoon.

I'm really having an awful day here already and now to basically find I was sold something which they now deny is really getting to me.

the conversation will be recorded on electronic media (hence the recorded message saying 'In order to help provide a better servicxe to you, your call will be recorded' ) and thus you have the right to a copy of the phone call via the data protection act (will cost you a tenner). Once you have this you can prove breach of contract and cancel the deal with no financial loss to yourself

HTH SubPop
  • soolin
    Options
    They did get back to me so that was good and they confirm that they have a record of my deal and they can confirm it is exactly as I said it was They are therefore going to 'try' and correct it on the system and apply a credit for the over charge which will 'probably' work. They have suggested that I pay by debit card for the first couple of months (they have mislaid the DD details as well) so that i can phone up again if the deal doesn't get corrected.

Whilst I appreciate them getting back to me and confirming that I was correct I am still a little concerned that they seem to be suggesting I may have to go through this every month until the computer finally accepts the change.
  • marlo3
    Options
    Hi,

Been out of contract for a while, was on 200 mins for £25 per month, average bill around £45, apparently in band 3.

Been offered a free nokia 6500 slide, 235 minutes, 100 texts, 30mb data for £23 / month (18mth contract).

Based on the posts here, I reckon I can get a better deal.

Any thoughts or tips how to do that? I've not asked for my PAC yet, only spoken to retentions and said I was thinking of leaving
  • El_Rey
    El_Rey Posts: 404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My contract with Orange is due to end in February. When should I contact them to see what they can offer me? What sort of discount/upgrade should I expect to be offered?
  • BeckyM_2
    Options
    My contract runs out on december 28th.

Maybe ten days ago orange rang me themselves and said that they were aware that my contract was due to run out, offered me 400 mins, unlimited text and unlimited minutes to landlines, new phone of choice for £20 a month. I haven't accepted it at the moment; however i haven't rung back yet to see if i can get anything better.

I was on a 12 month contract for £30 a month getting 200 mins + 50 orange-to-orange and 75 texts which was shockingly bad on paper but ended up free through e2save. I was never more than £5 a month over the £30.

I would say leave it a while yet; it's probably a little to early to be thinking about it. I think what you will be offered is dependant on the contract you're on currently, but there's always quite a bit of room for bartering!

Hope that's helpful.
  • reehsetin
    reehsetin Posts: 4,916 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    are you 100% sure it was orange who rang, usually its 3rd party companies, and its usually unlimited texts OR unlimited landline not both so double check that
    Yes Your Dukeiness :D
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    no retentions offered me that reehsetin in august, 550 x mins the landline & texts for 25.00 any handset free ( including N95 ) my old Direct Dolphin35 with a extra landline bundle basically I - politely quizzed the guy about it and said they should do it as standard, everyone I know would PAC across to Orange

" its all about them applying bundles to your a/c " he told me Orange's
    " system is quite open to minipulation on his team having worked at other Telco's disconnetctions depts Oranges was the best for flexability "

I told him to look at my usage and yes my landline calls were high but so were my mobile calls & I doubted O could do anything and I was leaving ( 6 months early due to change of 07744 T&C ) as my Dolphin 35 retention deal with 2000 extra x mins was only matchable via Vodafone stop the clock as nowhere would I get 2550 x mins 3000 texts for £35.00 a month but STC & 3000 txts were avail on Voda the nearest

Orange's reply " oh yes there is, here at Orange - what handset would you like ? a free N95 Mr.......... "

my cheeky reply " well I have a sim free N95 as my orange mobile was a piece of crap, can I have a discount instead ? "

" of course how does 15.00 a month discount sound ? " says Mr Orange

MSE me :D : " How about £20.00 a month ? the N95 is like £500 unsubsidised so you'll be saving a lot of money for this 18 month contract handset free "

Mr LOVELY Orangeman " ok another 5.00 discount will be added we can do that, seperate 15.00 & a 5.00 credits will show on your bill, same plan 2550 mins - unlimited texts - free answerphone - no non D/D charge, do you want this processed on your billing date or immediatly ? "

MOI " IMMEDIATE, PLEASE !!! "

Mr O "ok all done, anything else I can help you with Mr....... "

gushing me " nope I think you have done me more than enough, thankyou, have a good day ! "

Mr Orange " and you Mr........, thankyou for staying with Orange, bye "

Moi " oh no thankyou indeed ( insert name ), bye " :D
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure