Orange Retention Offers

Options

Comments

• skintlass
    skintlass Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dunno if this is true or not but I called into and orange shop and the salesman there said that if you are on a low band (they can call up to find out what you are - I am band 1 which is the lowest :rolleyes:) if you go over your tariff in the last month or 2 it pushes you up a band and should get you better retention offers.
    Never let your sucesses go to your head and never let your failures go to your heart.:beer:
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,257 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm not getting far with orange at all really. I'm 2 weeks off the end of my contract and I gave 30 days notice to cancel about 2 weeks ago. At that time they would give me 400 minutes and 50 texts for £25 which they dealt down to £20 for me with a new phone (I'm not that bothered by the phone really I just need a new one as my V3i is nearly dead). I told them that I could do better than that as a new customer or if I swapped to 3 but they insisted that Orange would never deal with a customer until after the end of the contract and they would call me then..and then if I refused I could leave within 2 weeks, which basically means I would end up paying for almost another months rental.

I tried calling back and they just say to call back once my contract has ceased entirely as they never deal whilst there is any time left on the contract. I tried pushing and said that I wanted to sort out a new contract before my old one stopped entirely they said they would send me a PAYG sim and I could just change to that..but due to the strikes the sim never arrived.

Am I being fed a line here as reading this thread it does seem that other people are getting good offers when they are in the final few days of the contract so that one contract can finish as planned and another start immediately. If so I wonder if it is worth phoning back and seeing what I can get today..ny suggestions as to what would be a good place to start with requests? I need a new phone and a mix of texts and minutes I currently have 200 minutes and 50 texts and would prefer a few more of both. I don't particularly need web browsing.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • shays_mum
    shays_mum Posts: 1,693 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Soolin, they tried the same on me, i kept ringing back & speaking to other people & i was told that if you call customer services too many times that would drop my rating!!. My friend got the deal i had previously mailed, but i did'nt want to be in an 18m deal, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    In the end, i went with cpw on a 12 months half price rental deal with 250 mins & 100 texts £15 on a 12 months contract. Its a cashback deal but on 4,8 & 12 months with a SE w810i. HTH :)
    No one said it was gonna be easy!
  • SubPop
    SubPop Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Have been with orange for 7 years and am a regular payer and spend roughly £60 a month with them . It was contract re-negotiation time with Orange. Sat down and read this forum b4 phoning...

Typically you pay £80 for the N95 (the one I want), with £30 line retal for 18 months, total cost of contract is £620

The best offer according to 1compare was free phone, £22 odd monthly line rental (with complicated cashback system from phones2door website that every1 advises against) for one year.

Was polite, friendly and explained the reasons for leaving (according to martin and other posters!) and......

I got :

250 mins XnetWork
    150 Txts
    £30 Line Rental
    £10 Credit Every month (thus line rental is 20 quid)
    unlimited weekend calls to Orange mobiles
    12 Month Contract
    Nokia N95 for £10
    (total cost of contact was £250 , the phone goes on ebay for about that!)

And!!!!!!

My unlimited GPRS offer (£4 per month, 24/7 access) that I signed up to over five years ago will be ported!!!!!!! even the lass at orange had never heard of the deal and had to phone three different departments to confirm that it was real !!! I hammer GPRS (34 Mb last bill, max was 70 Mb in one month) and will hammer it even more when I sell the N95 to pay for my iphone

Thanks to everyone who helped me prepare (without knowing it!)

Well chuffed

:beer: :beer: :beer: :j :j :beer: :beer: :j :j :T :T
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,257 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I did give Orange one more try and they still won't do anything to keep my contract once it expires. What is going to happen now is that at the end of my contract they are sending me a PAYG sim and once I register and use that my contract will cease and my number will apparently port to the PAYG Sim..I don't quite trust that so will phone to make sure when the sim arrives. After 24 hours of using the PAYG sim I can then request a PAC for it and go to a new company.

I asked whether they were interested at all in keeping my business and I was told I will probably get a call with some offers once I am using my PAYG sim..which will be too late as I'm out of there as soon as I can now.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • gk172
    gk172 Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ive just been on to orange with 'before i go to payg' i already have the sim to swap and asked for a quote on the k850i on a 12 month contract and the best they could do was £30 for the phone and no reduction in line rental:confused: paying £30 odd per month but if i go online to the orange site i can get same mins more texts and the k850i free as a new customer:confused:
    The more i save the more i can spend:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • slenderkitten
    Options
    my last contract with orange was 3 years ago with the same number i am using now as i converted it to pay as you go for a couple of years i had the number about 9 years in total here is my deal:-

dolphin 30 normally £30 i got it for £17 a month 18 month contract
    w880i with speakers
    free internet for first 2 months
    30 mins video calling for first 2 months
    400 text
    300 mins
    unlimited evening and weekend text
    magic numbers
    unlimited broadband for additional £5 as its a contract worth £30 -
    the broadband box comes with support for voip so i also get free UK landlines calls free calls to 30 international destinations
    up to around 20 per min for most other countries that don't come under the free one.

i'll have to see in a few months time what they will offer for retentions.
    My Signature is MY OWN!!
  • LittleJ_2
    LittleJ_2 Posts: 140 Forumite
    Options
    I went in to the Orange shop today and explained I had a few weeks left on my contract and wanted the Sony k850i phone. I was told that as I was a low band customer it would be expensive to get the phone, but if I don't mind getting a new number then I would be treated as a new customer so get the phone for free.

I pointed out that I could go to another network and keep the same number, and still get the phone for free, hoping that would prompt them to offer me the phone for free, and was told that yes leaving them would be another option!

Do you think I would have more luck if I waited until my contract was up (I think in mid-December)?

I really don't want to pay for a phone as I'm on a £30 a month contract, but I don't want to change my Orange contract as I get free broadband with it and they don't offer that anymore.
  • gk172
    gk172 Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just got my K850i today:j the orange shop couldnt do the phone as it was apparently just being launched instore so they wouldnt get any in for a few days:rolleyes: so i tried phones 4u with my best internet offer that i could find that suited me which was dolphin 35 300 mins 400 texts for £35 on a 12 month deal but i also mentioned that i could get £50 cashback if done online (quidco) which they said they would match and for them to authorise the £50 they had to stick insurance on and gave me 3 months cost back, but i know i can cancel the insurance at anytime so effectivley £80 cashback getting paid into my account within the 2 weeks:j
    The more i save the more i can spend:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • reehsetin
    reehsetin Posts: 4,916 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    gk172 wrote: »
    I just got my K850i today:j the orange shop couldnt do the phone as it was apparently just being launched instore so they wouldnt get any in for a few days:rolleyes:
    arrived today but we werent expecting it till next weekish they like springing stuff on us!
    Yes Your Dukeiness :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport