Orange Retention Offers

Options

Comments

• 19lottie82
    19lottie82 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tony5101 wrote: »
    If I were you, I'd double check the upgrade window dates. It changed a while ago to something like having to be within the last 45 days

ah yes, this is true.

And also, remember you won't get their "best" deals, until the last 30 days of your contract, when you are in a position to give them a months notice to cancel
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    19lottie82 wrote: »
    ah yes, this is true.

And also, remember you won't get their "best" deals, until the last 30 days of your contract, when you are in a position to give them a months notice to cancel

yeah, no choice at the moment! if they don't give me a decent deal then I'm off and will pay off the remaining contract
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    well, gave them a phone today, supposedly it was today I could upgrade, asked them what the best deal I could get was - £41 a month for the handsets I wanted!! if i was a new customer it would have been 32 and on other networks I can get them at £27 a month!! pathetic, been with them 4 years and they had no interest in keeping me - found a deal on mobiles.co.uk for the handset at 30 quid, and 22 a month on 02 so saving a bit over the 27 a month one...
  • sonamor
    Options
    Been with orange 20 plus years, latest retention offering was 200 mins, 1500 texts, 500 mb internet and free sony sp all for £10.75 / month. Thats me sorted for another two years.
  • NormaSnockers
    Options
    Latest SIM only retention offer was 1000mins, unlimited texts, 750Mb data for, or upgrade to EE for unlimited/unlimited/500Mb both at £11pm 12 month contract which is not bad and better than buying direct online

Others are similar as a new deal before shopping around for cashback etc:

3 - 600/5000/1Gb for £9.90pm
    Virgin - 30 day contracts at 1200/unlimited/1Gb for £12pm and 250/unlimited/1Gb at £10

Anyone know of any current fabulous SIM only deals or is it off to Ovivomobile I go?
  • lisa76
    lisa76 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Phoned for my pac code and give notice on my contract yesterday, surprise surprise Orange loyalty dept rung me today asking why I was leaving. Gave them the usual, can find a better deal elsewhere, lowered the figures I was finding, and she's given me a free S4, unlimited mins, texts, pictures, 1GB, free swapable for £20 - looked on mobiles.co.uk and can't find a better deal, so that's what I'm getting!
  • norangeduck
    Options
    Wow lisa76 - thats a great deal - is that for a 24 month contract?

I phoned orange today as my contract is due to end at end of month - they best the guy on the phone could do was £36, 750mb data, unlimited texts calls - AND £30 for the galaxy s4!!! I was shocked!!!! No way!!! I asked for PAC code,

anyone got any advice about what I should day on the phone if retention's ring me?!! The best I have found so far through NHS discounts is £31, unlimited data, 5000 texts, 500 mins, free handset

Any advice appreciated!!!
  • chandleo
    chandleo Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    After an initial call to Orange to see my upgrade offers, the best they could do was an iPhone 5 for £42 a month!!! I immediately asked for my PAC code.

Had a phone call and text the next day from Orange Exclusive (guessing this is the new name for retentions!) and they've offered me the iPhone 5C for £27 a month with 2000 Minutes, Unlimited Texts and Unlimited Data (though I gather they have a fair usage policy of 3gb) which all in all I'm very happy with :-)
    2013 Wins

March - Xbox with Kinect + 5 Games, Brantley Gilbert Tickets, Pan Am Series 1 on DVD, Tim McGraw CD, Dr Oetker Pizza voucher, Hurts CD

June - Boxfresh Trainers, 5 Nights 5* Hotel in Crete!!!
  • Tiramisu6
    Options
    lisa76 wrote: »
    Phoned for my pac code and give notice on my contract yesterday, surprise surprise Orange loyalty dept rung me today asking why I was leaving. Gave them the usual, can find a better deal elsewhere, lowered the figures I was finding, and she's given me a free S4, unlimited mins, texts, pictures, 1GB, free swapable for £20 - looked on mobiles.co.uk and can't find a better deal, so that's what I'm getting!

Wow that's an amazing deal!

I really hope we can get that deal as well :)
  • batteryzinc
    Options
    I just renewed - £11.99 a month, free Sony Xperia J, 900 minutes, 750mb, unlimited texts. Retentions increased the minutes from 500 mins, and the data from 250mb.

Think that was a pretty good deal?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport