Must try harder!

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,544 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I don’t think you are eating enough & so therefore your body is hanging on to it  if that makes sense. 
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • KajiKita
    KajiKita Posts: 3,856 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    beanielou said:
    I don’t think you are eating enough & so therefore your body is hanging on to it  if that makes sense. 
    There could be something in this …
    My other thought is when did you last have your thyroid function checked?

KK
    As at 15.04.24:
    - When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 <gulp>, now £253,994, end date brought closer by 2 months  
    - OPs to mortgage = £5,965, Interest saved £2,124, to date
    - LTV 51% @ccord, 51% Yopa
    Fixed rate 2.17% ends October 2024

Read 18 books of target 52 in 2024 (as @ 10th May)
    Produce tracker: £25.45 of £300

Watch your thoughts, they become your words. Watch your words, they become your actions. Watch your actions, they become your reality. 
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,290 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I agree with Beanie.  Do you actually need to lose weight?  Your BMR that you posted the other day of like 1500 calories is really low considering they say the average woman needs 2000 calories to maintain weight.

Maybe focussing on exercise including maybe some weights might help sculpt your body shape a bit more and make you feel more comfortable with it?
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,778 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I just came to say the same as jwil. aerobic exercise (running) just made me hungry. I've read that if you want to lose weight you need to do resistance training (weights). Maybe carry a cat or two round the house for a bit. Our cat weighs 7lbs so she's cheaper than buying weights.
  • WinterWarrior
    WinterWarrior Posts: 5,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Great idea about weights….and lifting cats 😁 Maybe I need more cats to up the weights? 🧐
    Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R.Tolkien
    🌊 A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor 🌊
    2024 challenges - (1) £8k savings challenge = £1000 so far (2) 1 stone weight reduction = 2lb so far
    My WW and friends diary is here 😁 … 
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6259606/must-try-harder/p1

• KajiKita
    KajiKita Posts: 3,856 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 28 April at 7:51AM
    Options
    Great idea about weights….and lifting cats 😁 Maybe I need more cats to up the weights? 🧐
    That sounds like a great excuse! 😂😂😂
    Be warned though, Noe’s cats come with lots of spends for insurance, toys, beds, vaccinations, food, catio materials, litter … <KK trails off into distance as surveys carnage of last month on credit card …. 😂> 😉
    As at 15.04.24:
    - When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 <gulp>, now £253,994, end date brought closer by 2 months  
    - OPs to mortgage = £5,965, Interest saved £2,124, to date
    - LTV 51% @ccord, 51% Yopa
    Fixed rate 2.17% ends October 2024

Read 18 books of target 52 in 2024 (as @ 10th May)
    Produce tracker: £25.45 of £300

Watch your thoughts, they become your words. Watch your words, they become your actions. Watch your actions, they become your reality. 
  • WinterWarrior
    Options
    KajiKita said:
    That sounds like a great excuse! 😂😂😂
    Be warned though, Noe’s cats come with lots of spends for insurance, toys, beds, vaccinations, food, catio materials, litter … <KK trails off into distance as surveys carnage of last month on credit card …. 😂> 😉
    I have 4…and one time had 8 all at once when we had a run of strays turning up. I would love a catio! 
    2024 challenges - (1) £8k savings challenge = £1000 so far (2) 1 stone weight reduction = 2lb so far

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I had 8 cats at my worst...

and yes it gets very expensive.

i hate to suggest it as it is expensive but have you looked at the 'Zoe' stuff?  My friend did it when it first came out, did all the tests etc and now knows exactly what she should eat and is able to better manage her weight.  I just would ignore the results and still eat the things I know are a problem so it isn't for me. 
  • WinterWarrior
    Options
    I had 8 cats at my worst...

and yes it gets very expensive.

i hate to suggest it as it is expensive but have you looked at the 'Zoe' stuff?  My friend did it when it first came out, did all the tests etc and now knows exactly what she should eat and is able to better manage her weight.  I just would ignore the results and still eat the things I know are a problem so it isn't for me. 
    I’ve not heard of Zoe, I’ll have a look….but I agree, Imagine if they said no chocolate, crisps or bread 😮😮😮 just no! 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport