IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

HEARING LOST in a PCN dispute

Options

Comments

• bergantet
    bergantet Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Its also what you would do naturally - "someone has left their wallet behind, does anyone know them?"
    yes, you are right, by now you will have deduced that English is not my mother tongue. Even though I think I have improved a lot, there is always room for improvement. Unfortunately, there are habits that are difficult to remove and they come out unconsciously, in my mother tongue "them" cannot be used since each word has gender and number ... well, it has very complex spelling rules. Anyway, everything helps, if you see that I make any other mistake like the one you mentioned, do not hesitate to correct me, it does not offend me, on the contrary, this helps me a lot. Thanks
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    Options
    No problem, and it wasn't you really this was directed at - I've seen a fair few posters using it as well, and I just wanted to say it :)
    I'm glad it helps! The "joy" of English is it is very flexible, has few rules and you can convey meaning pretty quickly even if you are not absolutely perfect :)
  • bergantet
    Options
    No problem, and it wasn't you really this was directed at - I've seen a fair few posters using it as well, and I just wanted to say it :)
    I'm glad it helps! The "joy" of English is it is very flexible, has few rules and you can convey meaning pretty quickly even if you are not absolutely perfect :)
    thanks, it's a good boost of confidence :smile:
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 25 March 2021 at 1:06PM
    Options
    never use customer services all ways try to reach the top person....

Ralph B)

• bergantet
    Options
    Ralph-y said:
    never use customer services all ways try to reach the top person....

Ralph B)

good tip, also I sent an email to the CEO Mr David Potts.... we'll see if answer me back or not....
    it seems like ABC Parking Solutions owns the car park and CEL is the contracted party for parking enforcement. But  I thinkd ABC will not be interested in listening to me at all. Also, maybe is too late to contact to them at the stage is my case right now...
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    Options
    It is never too late, otherwise we wouldnt keep. on. telling. you. to.
  • bergantet
    Options
    It is never too late, otherwise we wouldnt keep. on. telling. you. to.
    Then, I will email them...
    Thanks
  • bergantet
    Options
    Hi everyone, I made my first draft, I understand that from the "temple" I only have to change paragraphs 2 and 3 and leave the rest as it is ... please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Well, to me my first draft seems a bit poor, but maybe with your help, it will grow in quality ...

The facts as known to the Defendant:
    2.       It is admitted that the Defendant was the registered keeper of the vehicle in question but liability is denied. The day of the events I was the driver of the vehicle as far as I remember 
    3. As a regular customer of other Morrison stores, I typically don't have to pay for parking for the first two hours, and on the day of the event in 2019 it wasn't clear that customers should pay first and claim the money once you're paying your bills. Therefore, I did not understand that I had to pay before use the parking provided by Morrison. My time in the store was 45 minutes and I can provide a copy of the transactions made by one of the occupants of the vehicle at Morrisons at Butterfly Walk on the date of the incident as proof that the occupant was a customer at Morrisons and therefore entitled to free parking with the landowner.
    The first notice I came across about this parking charge was a year and five months later and I feel very harassed by this whole process. The defendant cannot be held liable due to the claimant not complying with the ‘keeper liability’ requirements set out in the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, Schedule 4.

Unfortunately for me, 15/16 months have passed and it is difficult to remember if the current signals were there ... however, it is something that I should remember and / or it is something that I would not avoid paying if in the time I was there, there had been the signs that there are today.

Any help? thanks in advance
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    If that is a defence it needs to be written in the third person, "the defendant" not "I".  You could join together your two sentences in paragraph 2 - registered keeper and driver.  Paragraph 3 just needs to be shorter and include the technical/legal argument that the process had been changed without informing customers and you ten keep the story for your witness statement later on.
    The defendant cannot be held liable due to the claimant not complying with the ‘keeper liability’ requirements set out in the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, Schedule 4.

If you are admitting being the driver, then this does not work.

• bergantet
    Options
    Le_Kirk thanks for the advice. 
    How sounds now?

The facts as known to the Defendant:
    2. It is admitted that the Defendant was the registered keeper and the driver of the vehicle in question but liability is denied.
    3. As a regular customer of other Morrison stores, the defendant don't have to pay for parking for the first two hours. The Morrison car park located at Butterfly Walk managed by ABC Parking Solutions  has changed the process without informing customers. The demandant can provide a copy of the transactions made by one of the occupants of the vehicle at Morrisons at Butterfly Walk on the date of the incident as proof that the occupant was a customer at Morrisons and therefore entitled to free parking with the landowner.
    The first notice the demandant came across about this parking charge was a year and five months later and the demandant feels very harassed by this whole process.

Or does it have to be shorter? What would you remove or add?
    Thanks in advance
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure