IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

HEARING LOST in a PCN dispute

Options

Comments

• bergantet
    bergantet Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Are you saying there is a company called ABC Parking Solutions Ltd?  Who are a landowner, not a parking firm...what?
    Thanks for your reply, I am not sure if ABC are the landowners or just the ones who rent the land to take profit... is so difficult to find info about it....
  • bergantet
    Options
    Just asked to the DVLA who has requested my details recently. Maybe this could help me to state the point that CEL have criminally breached the GDPR in using my personal data obtained through the DVLA... what do you think?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,760 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bergantet said:
    Just asked to the DVLA who has requested my details recently. Maybe this could help me to state the point that CEL have criminally breached the GDPR in using my personal data obtained through the DVLA... what do you think?
    Yes. Do that. Urgently.

From time to time @Umkomaas posts this:
    DVLA SUBJECT ACCESS REQUESTS 

You should email the DVLA and ask which organisations (when and for what reason) accessed the registered keeper's data from them between a range of dates which includes the date(s) of the parking incident(s). You need to provide the registered keeper's full name and address, the address on the V5C logbook and the Vehicle Registration Mark of the vehicle involved in the parking incident. 

SubjectAccess.Requests@dvla.gov.uk

This service is free of charge. 

Even though you email your request, the DVLA will respond via Royal Mail.

• bergantet
    Options
    KeithP said:
    bergantet said:
    Yes. Do that. Urgently.

From time to time @Umkomaas posts this:
    DVLA SUBJECT ACCESS REQUESTS 

You should email the DVLA and ask which organisations (when and for what reason) accessed the registered keeper's data from them between a range of dates which includes the date(s) of the parking incident(s). You need to provide the registered keeper's full name and address, the address on the V5C logbook and the Vehicle Registration Mark of the vehicle involved in the parking incident. 

SubjectAccess.Requests@dvla.gov.uk

This service is free of charge. 

Even though you email your request, the DVLA will respond via Royal Mail.

Thanks, good as gold !!!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,252 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Why is it hard to find who owns/runs the location?  If it's a retail park they are a cinch to Google.  If it's a scrap of land, use Land Registry.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • bergantet
    Options
    Why is it hard to find who owns/runs the location?  If it's a retail park they are a cinch to Google.  If it's a scrap of land, use Land Registry.
    Thanks, I think I didn't found nothing about the landowner because I wasn't in the right track. Thanks for the hint
  • bergantet
    Options
    Hi all, (@fruitcake, @KeithP, @Redx, @nosferatu1001, @Le-kirk, @Coupon-mad and all who are helping me here)

Tomorrow is the deadline to email my defence to CCBC
    So far:
    1/ AOS sent
    2/ SAR to the DPO at CEL email sent - no answer yet
    3/ DVLA email requesting who asked for my detail sent - no answer yet
    4/ ABC parking solution email - no answer yet
    5/ Landowner (Spot Property Company Limited - no answer yet
    6/ Morrison customer service/ CEO - they deny all kinds of responsibility

defence draft:

The facts as known to the Defendant:
    2. It is admitted that the Defendant was the registered keeper and the driver of the vehicle in question but liability is denied.
    3. As a regular customer of other Morrison stores, the defendant don't have to pay for parking for the first two hours. The Morrison car park located at Butterfly Walk managed by ABC Parking Solutions  has changed the process without informing customers. The defendant can provide a copy of the transactions made by one of the occupants of the vehicle at Morrisons at Butterfly Walk on the date of the incident as proof that the occupant was a customer at Morrisons and therefore entitled to free parking with the landowner.
    4. The claimant is a third party to an alleged contract with ABC Parking Solutions Ltd, are fraudulently claiming they are the creditors in the matter.  They have criminally breached the GDPR in using my personal data obtained through the DVLA.

Any help will be amazing, I don't want to be the 1% who fails :( 
    To be honest I am overwhelmed with all this matter... a bit lost too
  • bergantet
    Options
    Would you add this to the defence?

I have contacted with Civil Enforcement Limited data protection officer sending them a Subject Access Request, under the GDPR (data protection law) and I did not have answer yet. I have contacted with ABC Parking Solution and I did not have answer yet. I have contacted with the landowner (Spot Property Company Limited) and I did not have answer yet. I have contacted with Morrison Customer Service and with Morrison's CEO Mr David Potts and they deny all kinds of responsibilities.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Nope, because none of it affects whether you are liable or not for the parking charge. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • bergantet
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    Nope, because none of it affects whether you are liable or not for the parking charge. 
    @Umkomaas thanks for the advice

Do you like the defense I wrote above? or sounds too weak? Thanks in advance
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback