IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

HEARING LOST in a PCN dispute

Options

Comments

• bergantet
    bergantet Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    That case was never concluded in terms of the PePiPoo forum being updated. To me, while it might suggest some minor strategies for dealing with this case, none has been reported back as having worked, and as it stands, there's no guaranteed silver bullet lurking within it. 
    Indeed, thanks
  • bergantet
    Options
    I would add this to your defence, and 100% agree NOT to accuse them of criminality:

There is a note at the bottom of the sign saying that enforcement will be by CEL. However the alleged contract is with ABC Parking Solutions Ltd and CEL can't enforce a contract that they are not party to.

Many thanks for this last point, I much appreciated
  • bergantet
    Options
    Thanks to all for your help. Defence sent on the 18th, now I have to wait for their reply... I guess they will send me a N180, right?
    Cheers
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,894 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bergantet said:
    Thanks to all for your help. Defence sent on the 18th, now I have to wait for their reply... I guess they will send me a N180, right?
    Cheers
    No need to guess.   :smile:

Just continue to read the points on that list you were following together with the information in the NEWBIES thread..
  • bergantet
    Options
    KeithP said:
    bergantet said:
    Cheers
    No need to guess.   :smile:

Just continue to read the points on that list you were following together with the information in the NEWBIES thread..
    Thanks mate
  • bergantet
    Options
    Hello all, 

A very quick answer from HM Courts & Tribunals Service: I sent my defence on the 18th and I received yesterday a reply saying:

I acknowledge receipt of your defence. A copy is being served on the claimant (or the claimant's solicitor). The claimant may contact you direct to attempt to resolve any dispute. If the dispute cannot be resolved informally, the claimant will inform the court that he wishes to proceed. The court will then inform you of what will happen.
    Where he wishes to proceed, the claimant must contact the court within 28 days after receiving a copy of your defence. After that period has elapsed, the claim will be stayed. The only action the claimant can then take will be to apply to a judge for an order lifting the stay.

Is normal answer that quick? or does not affect if the CBCC reply in 2 days or in 28...
    Thanks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Standard response, sometimes it's a little later arriving, but whenever, the PPC 28-day clock will have now started ticking. Very few PPCs give up at this early stage, so don't wait in anticipation, you need to prepare for the next stage - please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, second post, so you're ahead of the game. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • bergantet
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    Standard response, sometimes it's a little later arriving, but whenever, the PPC 28-day clock will have now started ticking. Very few PPCs give up at this early stage, so don't wait in anticipation, you need to prepare for the next stage - please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, second post, so you're ahead of the game. 
    Many thanks for the advices
  • bergantet
    Options
    Hi guys, just received a letter from CEL, is a Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track (In the  County Court Business Centre)
    1. This is now  a defended claim
    2. It appears that this case is suitable for allocation to the small claims track.
    If you believe that this track is not the appropriate track for the claim, you must complete cox C1 on the Small claims Directions Questionnaire (from N180) and explain why
    3. You must by 21 May 2021 complete the Small Claims Directions Questionnaire (Form N180) and file it with the court office and serve copies on all other parties.

I will search how to fill it up the form....
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,894 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bergantet said:
    I will search how to fill it up the form....
    No searching needed.
    Just re-read my post of 21 April at 12:16PM on your very own thread.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback