IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

HEARING LOST in a PCN dispute

Options

Comments

• bergantet
    bergantet Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    KeithP said:
    bergantet said:
    I will search how to fill it up the form....
    No searching needed.
    Just re-read my post of 21 April at 12:16PM on your very own thread.
    Cheers mate, much appreciated
  • bergantet
    Options
    Hi Guys, I am about to send the N180. I do not need an interpreter but I was thinking that if I ask for one, perhaps it will be a point in my favour to avoid the hearing since the Court has to arrange one and have to meet the cost of the interpreter ... or is it silly ...
  • bergantet
    Options
    Also, DVLA has sent me the report and it was CEL who requested my personal data ... is it a good thing for me?
    I have not received my SAR images yet..... :(
    Also, on form N180 D3 (witnesses) I don't remember if my wife was in the car with me or not ... 15 months have passed ... I don't even remember if it was me who was driving ...
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    bergantet said:
    Hi Guys, I am about to send the N180. I do not need an interpreter but I was thinking that if I ask for one, perhaps it will be a point in my favour to avoid the hearing since the Court has to arrange one and have to meet the cost of the interpreter ... or is it silly ...
    You've answered your own question!  Don't mess with the court, unreasonable behaviour can result in swingeing punitive costs award.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    bergantet said:
    Also, DVLA has sent me the report and it was CEL who requested my personal data ... is it a good thing for me?
    Also, on form N180 D3 (witnesses) I don't remember if my wife was in the car with me or not ... 15 months have passed ... I don't even remember if it was me who was driving ...
    The court only wants to know the number of witnesses so they can either allocate big enough room (if it is a F2F hearing) or make sure they have phone numbers for all the witnesses if a telephone hearing or a video call.  Only going to be an issue for you if your witness(es) will be used to back up and support your defence.
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    bergantet said:
    1. Also, DVLA has sent me the report and it was CEL who requested my personal data ... is it a good thing for me?
    2. I have not received my SAR images yet..... :(
    3. Also, on form N180 D3 (witnesses) I don't remember if my wife was in the car with me or not ... 15 months have passed ... I don't even remember if it was me who was driving ...
    1. Who else was likely to request your data?
    2. They have 30 days in which to respond. When did you send the SAR?
    3. What would you require of a witness (other than you)?  Not recalling who was driving might be helpful if CEL have not met PoFA requirements, if they have, it's rather irrelevant as to who the driver was, the RK can be held liable. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• bergantet
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    bergantet said:
    1. Also, DVLA has sent me the report and it was CEL who requested my personal data ... is it a good thing for me?
    3. Also, on form N180 D3 (witnesses) I don't remember if my wife was in the car with me or not ... 15 months have passed ... I don't even remember if it was me who was driving ...
    3. What would you require of a witness (other than you)?  Not recalling who was driving might be helpful if CEL have not met PoFA requirements, if they have, it's rather irrelevant as to who the driver was, the RK can be held liable. 
    Thanks for your replay
    1- Total parking solutions, Transport for London (???), ...
    2- I've sent my SAR by email on the 24/03/2021
    3- Thanks
  • bergantet
    Options
    Le_Kirk said:
    bergantet said:
    The court only wants to know the number of witnesses so they can either allocate big enough room (if it is a F2F hearing) or make sure they have phone numbers for all the witnesses if a telephone hearing or a video call.  Only going to be an issue for you if your witness(es) will be used to back up and support your defence.
    Thanks for the tip
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    bergantet said:
    Umkomaas said:
    bergantet said:
    Thanks for your replay
    3- Thanks
    1. In the context of this case, CEL have accessed your data from the DVLA, and that's been confirmed by the DVLA - any other organisation is irrelevant. It neither helps nor hinders your position, it is as it is. 
    2. Have you had no reply whatsoever?  If that's the case, a sharp reminder to CEL, giving them a 7-day deadline for response, otherwise you will lodge a complaint with the ICO. Carry out your threat if they don't comply.  

• bergantet
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    bergantet said:
    Umkomaas said:
    bergantet said:
    Thanks for your replay
    3- Thanks
    1. In the context of this case, CEL have accessed your data from the DVLA, and that's been confirmed by the DVLA - any other organisation is irrelevant. It neither helps nor hinders your position, it is as it is. 
    2. Have you had no reply whatsoever?  If that's the case, a sharp reminder to CEL, giving them a 7-day deadline for response, otherwise you will lodge a complaint with the ICO. Carry out your threat if they don't comply.  
    That's gold, thanks !!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 4 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport