🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

BITCOIN

Options

Comments

• Scottex99
    Scottex99 Posts: 759 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

So firstly, I want to start this off by saying I hope everyone is okay. Sucks to see the price going down and it's been going down for a long time now. I am never the type of person to tell someone to hold. If it's affecting your mental health as much as it seems to some people in this sub, just sell. Crypto, and Safemoon even more so is a high risk high reward investment, but it isn't worth harming yourself in the process. This could go to zero, or it could go up further.

1. Brand Recognition -

People really underestimate the power of brand recognition. Safemoon is at the point where so many people know about it, for better and for worse. Why is this a good thing though? People are scared to invest in the unknown. If you imagine your average retail investor who is new to Crypto, if Safemoon or Doge was to start pumping do you think they'd rather invest in those? Or a Crypto that is unknown to them? This also translates well over to us releasing apps. Would they be more likely to install a Safemoon Exchange app? Or another exchange they hasn't heard of?

We do have bad recognition as well, some of it deserved, others not. How many of you heard about Bitcoin years ago and everyone saying it was a scam? Yet majority of people would invest in it without a second thought now. The team can change that outlook overtime. Things in the Crypto space move very quickly.

1. Marketing -

People seem to forget that nearly all of this growth in popularity has been organic. All of the advertising has been done by the community, whether that be fundraisers, word of mouth etc. Sure Safemoon have got their hype videos and everything like that, but have you ever seen an ad for Safemoon? I barely have. There was the one in Picadilly, and that in part with the impending wallet released caused our price to pump. Unfortunately the Dev team messed this up, and I imagine was the main catalyst into the shift around if the team. I imagine Safemoon will have a solid marketing plan once our applications start to fully come out.

1. Products due to release/Being improved on -

I won't include future projects in this, like the blockchain, exchange etc. The Safemoon Wallet is being improved on every single day, and there are some really cool features due to be added like adding contacts. Adding contacts is the type of fetaure that will majorly appeal to new investors. Hell even people long term hate sending money to blockchain addresses. Anything we do like this which focuses on UX will help us massively.

Add to this, we should have short term: - Some form of a buy button, whether that be through Wyre or the teased bank transfer - The wallet on IOS - An expansion on Safemoon Swap to include other tokens (The more tokens the better, as all purchases contribute to burn) - V2 token

Which should help boost or stabilise the price.

1. Brand Loyalty -

I noticed another user compare Safemoon to a Jack of All Trades, whilst this can be seen as a negative I actually see this as a positive. The more things we create, the larger our ecosystem grows and the Safemoon community has showing they're quite willing to work within that ecosystem. Imagine having a Wallet, Exchange, Swap, Hard Wallet, Card, etc all interacting with each other and a community that stayed within that ecosystem with Safemoon at the centre. Hell the Safemoon Wallet on Android alone has over 100k users in an extremely short time.

1. Willingness of the team to improve -

One of the main issues with Safemoon in my eyes is some of the people on here who will not allow others to criticise the project. It is so detrimental and people don't realise it. Look through my post history, I have criticised the team so much when deserved (and let's be honest, they've messed up a lot) and they have improved near enough each time. Look at the hire of the FudHound for example. He's been amazing. Look at the improved transparency in AMAs through the Twitter Spaces. Look at the clearing out of the dead weight in the team.

1. The Burn -

In no way am I saying the downtrend in price is a good thing. People who say this are looking through rose-coloured glasses, however the lower the price goes the more burn we accomplish on a reversal (If we reverse of course)

1. CC Subreddit -

CC is the biggest Cryptocurrency place around. Unlike many on here, I have nothing against them. Safemoon have done shady things, they've done things incorrectly, a lot of the criticism at the end of the day is deserved. There is so much money in that subreddit, and even though they like to make jokes at Safemoons expense most our doing it out of good faith.

They don't want to see people lose there money, they don't want Crypto to get more of a bad rep, and they don't want more high profile scams to lead to bad publicity or regulation issues.

However, they do censor positivity towards Safemoon and they have also shown they will change if a product proves itself and they do spout a incorrect information that is taken as proof. Imagine if Safemoon does half the stuff it's promising and probes them wrong? That opens up a whole new section of investors that will put good money into things.

1. The Future -

I don't want to go into this too much because the future is all subjective. All these things could happen, they could just as easily not happen. But if you trust the team, we have a lot of really cool stuff coming down the line.

Final Thoughts -

Safemoon to me, is still the same high-risk, high-reward project it's been since I first bought some. Just now with less hype and more use-casses. Could it go to zero? Yeah. Could it soar? Yeah. I invested as much as much as I could afford to lose for the long term, so when it goes down I shrug, and when it goes up I shrug.

NGMI.

I actually have a bag of SAFEMOON that did a 10x at some point. Don’t care what it’s worth now, hopefully zero
  • Adyinvestment
    Options
    Verifone, one of the US biggest providers of card terminals and ecommerce are partnering with Bitpay so customers can pay with Bitcoin and a few other Crypto's at no cost to the retailer.

Soon you will be able to buy pretty much anything in the US with Bitcoin - probably take a while to bed in but this is big news for adoption.
  • User232002
    User232002 Posts: 333 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 1 October 2021 at 12:02PM
    Options
    El Salvador brought their volcano mining Bitcoin node online. Adoption everywhere. Powell: "We have no intent to ban cryptocurrency." Gensler reiterating support for Bitcoin ETFs. Rep. Madison Cawthorn (US Congress): 

You love to see it.
  • grumiofoundation
    Options
    El Salvador brought their volcano mining Bitcoin node online. Adoption everywhere. Powell: "We have no intent to ban cryptocurrency." Gensler reiterating support for Bitcoin ETFs.

Rep. Madison Cawthorn (US Congress): 

You love to see it.
    Have you researched the good congressman? (I know how much you hate people who are too lazy to do their own research).

This statement is not even close to the most ridiculous thing he's ever said.

• User232002
    User232002 Posts: 333 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't particularly care who he is. He's republican, so by definition he probably has a lot of views I disagree with.

But, he's not the only pro-crypto person in congress. 4 years ago the anti-crypto narrative was that governments would ban it and now there are congressmen and women, the fed/sec saying the exact opposite.
  • patient_investor
    Options
    Thought you will be interested in this. Beating fake news and fake propaganda about Bitcoin.

Debt & mortgage free since 2011  |  Financial independence since 2017
  • Zola.
    Zola. Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    $57,000, not far off all-time highs.... 8k to go..
  • TimSynths
    TimSynths Posts: 603 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Zola. said:
    $57,000, not far off all-time highs.... 8k to go..
    I think there will be a few days retracement and then it should start to move upwards again. Still think that Oct/Nov will be really good across the market. I'm just happy to be back in profit again on BTC, first time since about mid May.
  • Zola.
    Zola. Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
  • Hexane
    Hexane Posts: 520 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Scottex99 said:
    Genuine question:  for those knocking Bitcoin, do they (consciously or not) substitute "cryptocurrency" (as a whole) with it, or not?  In other words, are those not in favour of Bitcoin also not in favour of other cryptocurrency projects, or just Bitcoin?  I know the title of this thread is specific but some posts appear more aimed at the crypto space in general, hence my question.

Just wondering whether any anti-BTC are more bullish on alternative projects, perhaps those that are aiming for the scalability/TPS targets more akin to fiat monetary systems, or smart contract/app networks, or something else.  E.g. Proof-of-Stake projects like Ethereum 2.0, Cardano, Polkadot, or hashgraph projects like Hedera, etc.
    Oh and see you at $100k BTC in a few months. Peace
    That was on 13th April 2021. Six months down the line, BTC seems to be at around $59,000

So it's gone basically nowhere in that time, other than down a lot and back up again.

Need another "few months"?
    7.25 kWp PV system (4.1kW WSW & 3.15kW ENE), Solis inverter, myenergi eddi & harvi for energy diversion to immersion heater. myenergi hub for Virtual Power Plant demand-side response trial.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure