We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Awful weather - typical Brits talk

Comments

• YoungBlueEyes
    YoungBlueEyes Posts: 4,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic First Post
    There's no judgement in me, whatever gets you through the night :D 
    The second man to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel, Bobby Leach, survived the fall but later died as a result of slipping on a piece of orange peel.
  • twopenny
    twopenny Posts: 5,549 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Thats a vely looing garden Dusty. A bit far for me but maybe that's just lockdown plus the eternal bad weather.
    Greencombe garden is open from next week. Love it at the start of the year when the paths are edged with clean fresh moss.
    Was going to hand pollinate my plum today but it's so wet and windy I'm just hoping there will be some blossom left when i get out there.
    I've got good neighbours since I moved but they barely come out and one her son hasn't dug the garden so I'm pulling shepherds purse out of mine daily.

viral kindness .....kindness is contageous pass it on

The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well

• YoungBlueEyes
    Ratman has cometh and goneth. He thinks I've only the one under there now, and he should be about done in cos he's eating enough of the poison. Thank god!
    The second man to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel, Bobby Leach, survived the fall but later died as a result of slipping on a piece of orange peel.
  • YoungBlueEyes
    Think I might start a new business - shooting hateful neighbours. I'll be a squillionaire by Christmas :D 
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,217 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Think I might start a new business - shooting hateful neighbours. I'll be a squillionaire by Christmas :D 
    Maybe a quite discrete word with Ratman for any surplus or leftovers, nudge nudge >:)

Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • twopenny

• YoungBlueEyes
    Wow that is beautiful 2p :) Wish I'd got a load of them, woulda saved me all that digging!

How are you stormy boys doing? Did the river stay in it's banks Dusty? No damage from your battering I hope Farway?

Window man + mate are coming back this morning. They got 3 done yesterday, 2 more on the list today then that's the upstairs done. The front door was wide open most of the day yesterday, the Holey Roamin' Terror decided that under my bed was just the very place to camp out. Scared the life outta me when I was closing the curtains last night and he meowed at me :open_mouth: 
  • Dustyevsky
    Dustyevsky Posts: 1,376 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Homepage Hero Photogenic

How are you stormy boys doing? Did the river stay in it's banks Dusty?
    No, both rivers here came out, but as the rain was literally non-stop all day and into the night, it's hardly surprising.
    Quiet now, but I'm expecting more rain soon. :(
    Forget robot dogs; why not send people to the Moon?
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,217 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic

How are you stormy boys doing? Did the river stay in it's banks Dusty? No damage from your battering I hope Farway?

Survived without damage, still tipping down this morning and one of my large pots at the front has turned into water butt, guessing the drain holes have blocked up, probably bunged up with drowned vine weevil larvae :s

Apart from that all's well, no sign yet of the canna seeds popping up now they are in compost, and no chance of me going out to prowl around the garden in this weather
    Tomorrow allegedly the sun will come out & dry us out followed by warning of drought & hose pipe bans, and it's official now, March was the dullest ever, well since they started counting at least
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • twopenny
    Still blowing and the garden is sodden.
    Not much blossom left on the plum to polinate. My baby tree is currently bent and there's a chunk out of my big pot where neighbours son was pressure washing his car. 
    So I'm staying in spring cleaning. 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family