Options
1234568»

Comments

• Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mitzj7374 said:
    both original founders, but the other party wanted to take it on solely. My husband feels he deserves some of that sale money. 
    What he thinks he deserves and what he legally gets is different. If the business had gone to the wall would your husband have offered some of that £26k to his colleague?
  • Mitzj7374
    Options
    Barny1979 said:
    Mitzj7374 said:
    both original founders, but the other party wanted to take it on solely. My husband feels he deserves some of that sale money. 
    What he thinks he deserves and what he legally gets is different. If the business had gone to the wall would your husband have offered some of that £26k to his colleague?
    Hi there, I tried to say this. I think he’s got the ump because he helped set it up and run it for 5 or 6 years then year 7 or 8 he got offered the sale price from another company. 

I think my husband feels as if he sold too cheap. 

Accessory to the gifts? 
    When I asked him where he’s getting money from he just says from working hard as ground worker, apparently he’s had a bonus.

• Mitzj7374
    Options
    Also now previous partner who sold the company, I think (personally) was much more financially aware, e.g. as soon as he purchased the 50% off my husband he got rid of the office they had on rent and restructured the business and the chap was working from home on his own. 
  • Mitzj7374
    Options
    99% of the business was outsourced. 
  • Mitzj7374
    Options
    elsien said:
    You need to make your mind up. One minute it’s from working hard, then it’s protection money, now it’s back to working hard again.
    Keeping track of the plot is generally a prerequisite of fiction writing. 
    This is what he told me, (my husband) I thought it may be protection money etc 
  • AskAsk
    AskAsk Posts: 2,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 13 September 2020 at 1:14PM
    Options
    elsien said:
    You need to make your mind up. One minute it’s from working hard, then it’s protection money, now it’s back to working hard again.
    Keeping track of the plot is generally a prerequisite of fiction writing. 
     :D 
    well the OP has one of the prerequisite as it sounds like a plot for a drama series,

where did he get the money from? 
    why won't he tell his wife where he got the money from? 
    has he hidden it elsewhere outside the house?
    has he hidden it in the attic?
    how much has he actually got hidden away?
    why does he only go out to work accompanied by his wife?  :D

but more importantly why has the OP posted this thread in moneysaving mums?  she is not asking about how to save money, so why post it in this section??
  • fairyclairethehare
    Options
    Tia Lomax and her other alter egos always post in this section...
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,151 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mitzj7374 said:
    Mitzj7374 said:
    He’s told me he’s friend is paying him money who sold the businesses and went separate ate ways.

He is paying my hubby protection money. To look after him and make sure no harm comes to him. 
    So your hubby is blackmailing his friend who he used to have a business with?
    Yes or threatening him, I think because of his business sale. my husband was involved in the business for 6 years when it wasn’t really going anywhere and left and sold his shares for £26,000 I think, however 3 or 4 years on the sole shareholder sold for 1.5M. My husband feels hard done by when he left with not much. 
    He's got nothing to blackmail him with from what you've put. Selling someone out a few years before a business becomes worth more isn't grounds.
    So threatening him, about what? 
    If you're about to embark on a creative writing course at Uni you need to seriously up your game, because no one would pick this up as a script. 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure