We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Nationwide Mortgage

Options

Comments

• naomilill
    Options
    Application 15/6
    Valuation booked 26/6
    Text received today saying valuation received and approved....now waiting...
  • khany989
    khany989 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Application 15/6
    Hard Check 16/6
    Valuation Booked 16/6/23 (for 19/6)
    Documents Requested 20/6 (12 Month Statements) 
    Valuation Rearranged on 21/6 (now on 23/6) 
    Valuation Received Text 23/6 
    Called NW for Update 26/6 (Advised I should have an update 27/6) 
  • naomilill
    Options
    To add to above timelines we received notification of offer by text yesterday - so 8 working days application to offer :smile:
  • khany989
    First Post
    Options
    naomilill said:
    To add to above timelines we received notification of offer by text yesterday - so 8 working days application to offer :smile:
    That’s awesome! Congratulations. 
    I also received an update yesterday after calling NW. He said the underwriter made a final decision, however they can’t tell me what the decision was as my case has been randomly selected for auditing by head of offices. 

Apparently it means they are looking things over to check their staff have done everything correctly and made the correct decision. 

I’m worried now! Has anyone else’s cases been referred for auditing? I’ve no idea how long this can take. Soo stressed 😩😩

My partner reckons it was probably accepted hence selected for auditing, and if it was rejected it wouldn’t get audited unless appealed, but I’m not sure what to think. 
  • khany989
    First Post
    Options
    khany989 said:

I also received an update yesterday after calling NW. He said the underwriter made a final decision, however they can’t tell me what the decision was as my case has been randomly selected for auditing by head of offices. 

Apparently it means they are looking things over to check their staff have done everything correctly and made the correct decision. 

I’m worried now! Has anyone else’s cases been referred for auditing? I’ve no idea how long this can take. Soo stressed 😩😩

My partner reckons it was probably accepted hence selected for auditing, and if it was rejected it wouldn’t get audited unless appealed, but I’m not sure what to think. 
    Update on my timeline. 

30/06 : NationWide Head Office Rejected our application without any reasons. Our broker has tried to figure out why without any luck also. 

HSBC previously rejected us because they changed their criteria midway through our application. Which I think is completely unfair. They should honour their criteria that was set at the time of application. 

Not sure if should try a third application 😏
  • firsttimebuyers23
    Options
    khany989 said:
    khany989 said:

Update on my timeline. 

30/06 : NationWide Head Office Rejected our application without any reasons. Our broker has tried to figure out why without any luck also. 

HSBC previously rejected us because they changed their criteria midway through our application. Which I think is completely unfair. They should honour their criteria that was set at the time of application. 

Oh no that’s awful!! Are you able to appeal at all? 
  • khany989
    First Post
    Options
    khany989 said:
    khany989 said:

Update on my timeline. 

Oh no that’s awful!! Are you able to appeal at all? 
    My MA doesn’t think so. It was rejected by HQ without any reason, and they’ve refused to say why it was rejected. 

The vendor has relisted the property alongside our sale which means it’s none time critical, so we decided to put another application in with Platform as opposed to appealing. Platform withdrew all products for a few weeks so I presume their list of applications is very small now. They only started trading again on 06/07/23. We applied on that day and should be top of the queue hopefully. 
  • firsttimebuyers23
    Options
    Finally my time to share our timeline!!!

My case was not 100% straight forward as we had a lot of different components to it.

We are first time buyers purchasing a new build house. I am employed and my partner is self employed. We have a 10% deposit with part of this being gifted and then we had a 10% deposit contribution / builders incentive. Borrowing roughly 4.2x with one dependent. 

DIP Applied 22/06 (was referred)
    DIP Approved 23/06
    Reserved our property 23/06
    Full app 26/06
    MB confirmed affordability was approved 29/06
    Valuation booked in text 03/07 
    Valuation completed 06/07

We then had no correspondence from Nationwide and our MB called up on 10/07 to check in and was advised the underwriter was querying the 10% builders incentive 

Valuation received text 12/07 14.32
    Valuation approved text 12/07 14.32
    Offer received text 12/07 14.32

We are so over the moon as we thought they was going to reject us due to the builders incentive but luckily he was happy with our MB answers to his questions!! Time to relax and get ready as the house is ready to move in as soon as our solicitors are done
  • Inspiretheliars
    Options
    12/7 DIP approved & full application
    12/7 valuation booked
    12/7 valuation received

Early days, and quick to receive valuation but nonetheless very tense just waiting on a decisio .

• Inspiretheliars
    Options
    Just updating this, I know its helpful for those waiting

17/7 Valuation approved
    17/7 Mortgage offer
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts