We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Nationwide Mortgage

Options

Comments

• Viperex
    Viperex Posts: 37 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi @Cheryl2010

Mine is with L&C so to my knowledge it should be locked as far as i know . Just seen the news and got worried . Bloody Valuer is taking its time and application is all processed on 5 june 
  • simon_or
    simon_or Posts: 890 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Viperex said:
    Just seen on BBC that Nationwide are gonna up there rate to 0.7 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65921085

I have been waiting for valuer to come back and hopefully get offer anytime soon , will this news effect me and end up getting a new rate as to the one i had accepted with broker ? im worried 
    It won't affect anyone who has already submitted a full application before the rates went up.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,823 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Viperex said:
    Just seen on BBC that Nationwide are gonna up there rate to 0.7 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65921085

I have been waiting for valuer to come back and hopefully get offer anytime soon , will this news effect me and end up getting a new rate as to the one i had accepted with broker ? im worried 
    By 0.7% not to 0.7%.

No. Applications in course of processing are not affected by rate changes.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • mashmash90
    mashmash90 Posts: 80 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is anyone else finding Nationwide taking a really long time? We submitted application (not via broker) nearly 2 weeks ago now and haven't heard anything, no valuation booked, no credit check alert not even a text to confirm the application is in process (our mortgage advisor confirmed it was submitted ok) Can't tell if they are just inundated or we are just unlucky that it's taking ages as we are doing a manual port of a now closed mortgage account. They were so speedy end of last year, so a bit surprised!
  • kingstreet
    Options
    Is anyone else finding Nationwide taking a really long time? We submitted application (not via broker) nearly 2 weeks ago now and haven't heard anything, no valuation booked, no credit check alert not even a text to confirm the application is in process (our mortgage advisor confirmed it was submitted ok) Can't tell if they are just inundated or we are just unlucky that it's taking ages as we are doing a manual port of a now closed mortgage account. They were so speedy end of last year, so a bit surprised!
    Did your broker put your contact details on the application? If not, you won't get any Nationwide updates.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • mashmash90
    mashmash90 Posts: 80 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did your broker put your contact details on the application? If not, you won't get any Nationwide updates.
    It's direct with nationwide, not through a broker 
  • kingstreet
    Options
    It's direct with nationwide, not through a broker 
    Sorry, no idea then.
  • summerb64
    summerb64 Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Nationwide did take a long time for me, I think they have issues with their text alerts at present. As every time my broker chased them, a text was instantly released. This happened before booking valuation in, and same when it came to having offer issues, both times as soon as broker asked for an update like 1 minute later the text was released. 
  • Charliewashere
    Options
    We submitted our full application on the 7th June direct (no broker or NW advice). Most recent payslip each was submitted during the application, and hard checks were done the next morning. Valuation booked the next day after for the 19th June. We received the full mortgage offer this morning (19th June) immediately after receiving the valuation received text. 

Really surprised and very happy with the speed of which our application was processed.
  • firsttimebuyers23
    Options
    Has anyone got any more current timelines to share?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure