We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Neon Reef - any views?

Options

Comments

• matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,642 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I reckon if they've tried upgrading or updating their system then it's not gone very well.

Over the years I dont' think any of the energy suppliers have ever achieved a seamless fault free transition when updating so don't panic yet
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • Phones4Chris
    Options
    Shedman said:
    Anyone anyone managed to log in this morning as I still can't (nor on Simplicity)?
    Farway said:
    Shedman said:
    Anyone anyone managed to log in this morning as I still can't (nor on Simplicity)?
    Just tried NR & failed
    There is a banner on their homepage https://www.neonreef.co.uk/
    "Customer notice
    We are currently updating our desktop customer portal which is currently offline. You are still able to use the Neon Reef app, which can be downloaded from the Apple or Google Play store. You can also easily submit meter reads via our online form on the 'Meter readings' page. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause."

• Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Shame there's no warning on the login page itself !  It you've bookmarked it you're none the wiser and think you've forgotten some subtle detail of your password.  If you ask for a reminder you're then told your account doesn't exist.  Not very wise considering all the recent energy company collapses.
    Neon Reef need to do much better, especially as there's no call centre if you encounter problems online.
  • Phones4Chris
    Options
    Gerry1 said:
    Shame there's no warning on the login page itself !  ................
    That could be a little tricky at the moment because as it's being updated the page is not even responding :smile:
  • Phones4Chris
    Options
    All seems to be working now, for me anyway at time of posting.
  • HonestJohn
    HonestJohn Posts: 1,053 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    All seems to be working now, for me anyway at time of posting.
    Confirmed
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
  • Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,523 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Can now login to both Neon and Simplicity,  but can anybody spot anything that's changed as I can't ?
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,642 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Updating doesn't mean that stuff will necessarily change, it may just be security updates, shifting to different servers or increasing capacity to take on the influx of disillusioned Symbio customers
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,424 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 7 February 2021 at 12:38PM
    Options
    Just received the confirmation e mail, switch from Green completed, now officially a NR customer with first DD going out today
    Green confirmed they have ceased my regular monthly DD
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Farway said:
    Just received the confirmation e mail, switch from Green completed, now officially a NR customer with first DD going out today
    Green confirmed they have ceased my regular monthly DD
    I've had the email from Neon for switch completed, DD will presumably go out tomorrow and an email confirming that Green have cancelled their DD - But logging into the Green account, nothing appears to have changed yet.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback