Neon Reef - any views?

Options

Comments

• Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,938 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pallyman said:
    Can you top up your balance online ,thanks ,thinking of  joining them.
    I just use online banking to send them a faster payment.  Can take a while to show up (sometimes misses the next statement) but it always gets there.
    Still on my mega-cheap Aqua One variable tariff after a year even though it's not available to new customers, so I'm a very happy bunny.
  • Phones4Chris
    Options
    pallyman said:
    Can you top up your balance online ,thanks ,thinking of  joining them.
    On the homepage https://www.neonreef.co.uk/ bottom right of the page, there's a link Additional Payments

• prg495
    Options
    My Green (Ampere tariff) fix finishes on 21st March and I'm looking to switch to Neon Reef's Ocean tariff. If I wait until nearer the end of the Ampere tariff, is there a risk Neon Reef could withdraw the Ocean tariff in the meantime? It seems like it can take 3 weeks to switch, so late February/early March would appear to be the best time to initiate a switch.
  • niktheguru
    niktheguru Posts: 1,479 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    prg495 said:
    My Green (Ampere tariff) fix finishes on 21st March and I'm looking to switch to Neon Reef's Ocean tariff. If I wait until nearer the end of the Ampere tariff, is there a risk Neon Reef could withdraw the Ocean tariff in the meantime? It seems like it can take 3 weeks to switch, so late February/early March would appear to be the best time to initiate a switch.
    Always a chance that could happen. You take the risk....thats part of the game.
  • prg495
    Options
    Very true! Have taken the plunge as calculated 1 month difference between Green Ampere & Neon Reef Ocean is only £2.40.
  • BAXLEO
    BAXLEO Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi I am looking to switch supplier as my current supplier is hiking prices. The 3 cheapest are Symbio that doesn’t have good reviews, Neon Reef and Scottish power. Neon Reef seem to be the best option would you recommend anything to look out for when switching?
  • Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,507 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    The upside of SP would be that it is unlikely to go bust whereas with any of the smaller ones that is a possibility (and then you get in to the Supplier of Last Resort regime...see Yorkshire Energy / GNE threads for more background).  However those of us that have had to deal with SP through being transferred to them have not been greatly impressed with customer service (they came joint bottom of Which! recent survey). 

Neon Reef ought to be cheaper, switches seem to go through smoothly (based on my experience with my stepdaughters and from reports in the forum), their customer service is good (although via chat or email as no phone contact) and they appear to be looking to grow (there are suggestions that Utility Point a sister company is moving people into NR so perhaps that bodes well for NR).  

If you decide to go for Neon don't forget to check the Referrers section of the forums to pick up a £25 referral credit. 
  • UnclaimedEnergy
    Options
    BAXLEO said:
    Hi I am looking to switch supplier as my current supplier is hiking prices. The 3 cheapest are Symbio that doesn’t have good reviews, Neon Reef and Scottish power. Neon Reef seem to be the best option would you recommend anything to look out for when switching?
    Neon Reef are still growing and normally the smaller suppliers last at least 2 years, which means you shouldn't have to worry about them going through bust etc. until 2022. (Their cheap prices make it inevitable that they won't last for ever unless they increase them).

Feedback seems positive, only real negative is that they're owned by the same directors who run Utility Point, which have had issues with customer service responses and credit refund.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,319 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    My switch to NR is going fine so far, they contacted me with updates when they said they would, and this morning I'm told they take over fully in two days time
    All stages fully explained in their e mails, including final bill from old supplier details
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • whatsthenews
    Options
    bsms1147 said:
    They remain on my radar...

But before I join I would want to ask them something; I've sent them a message through their online form, by email, and now through one of their social media channels, but received no response to any of them. Their live chat is never online.

It's likely that so long as everything runs smoothly with your switch, account and billing, and you never need to contact them, they'll probably be fine, but if you ever have an issue you might not be able to get hold of them.
    I left a review for NR on a well known site. Their "get a quote" wasn't working correctly. They responded and asked for my contact details so I provided my name and  email address. 
    Didn't hear anything from NR, but 3 days later I received a very generic sounding email from UP , saying thanks for the review and apologising for the poor service. Suggested I go to get a quote, which I did by clicking on the link. 
    No sign of a NR logo and completely different ( (expensive ) tariffs.😟
    I've replied to the email asking them how they got my email address as I've never had any dealings with UP. 
    Surely if you provide contact details to NR, and then get correspondence from what appear to be a completely different company that's a GDP breach? 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback