Neon Reef - any views?

Options

Comments

• Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,938 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    When do you get bills after submitting meter reads?
    Usually five days later.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,614 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We've been with them just two months, since 1st October - I gave the first reading on 1st November and the bill appeared on my account about 5 days later - no notification, I had to look for it and download it. I submitted my reading on 30th November to catch the billing date which I missed last month.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Stepdaughter has been with them 4 months and also still hasn't had a bill...but not Neon's fault we've been assured.  

Those wonderful incompetents SSE had to change the meter about 5 days before she switched and, despite their engineer providing the old meter and new meter readings to them, they managed to raise the final bill and provide the opening read to the industry 'mysterious third party' based on the reading from the old meter.  Despite chasing, Neon Reef can't get the right starting info (and to be frank with my lack of condfidence in SSE admin I'm not sure that they ever will) so can't raise a bill.  Neon's customer service team have been very prompt in responding to emails but seem to be hand tied by the regulations.  Not sure where it can get escalated to.  Wonder if she would have the bill waived if they do raise a bill until after 12 months have elapsed (although given the demise of YE I'm not confident of Neon being around in 8 months time)

At least she's still on the cheap Aqua tariff (for now).
  • danielson81
    Options
    Switched 1st November, no reminders to submit meter readings. Submitted readings on 1st November and again on 1st December. Found there was a bill in my account on 2nd December (again no email notification) and they have used an estimate from 23rd November.  On the plus side they respond to emails within a few hours. Least I know to submit readings before 23rd now.  Now getting that final bill from Symbio.... 
  • Penelopa.Pitstop
    Options
    I thought that meter reading reminders are going to spam and added the domain to white list. Looks like they just don't send reminders.
    It's a shame that YE became expensive and now went out of business. They were pretty good with bills. Even Outfox was better with reminders and website.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 32,006 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Noticed a message in my daughter's account stating bill available so I suspect they may be sending e-mails / SMS now - she will likely tell me later.  There seems no logic to their meter read date - last month was 29th so I submitted her read on 29th and again 30th for good measure - bill has estimate on 28th.  The app gives a reading due date which does not tie in to when they bill but at least the estimates are pretty accurate.  Waiting for my bill now which will likely be tomorrow.  So the question is has anyone actually figured out there billing cycle ?
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,938 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    molerat said:
    So the question is has anyone actually figured out there billing cycle ?
    I send a meter reading on the 7th, and my bill is generated on the 12th.  Works like clockwork, never an estimated bill and the bills are clear and straightforward.
    No paper bills and no telephone support, but emails are answered by a real person in a flash so I'm completely happy.  Just hope the Aqua tariff continues (it's not available to new customers) but so far it's all been excellent.  httpsimages6moneysavingexpertcomimagesforum_smiliessport-smiley-001gif
  • Penelopa.Pitstop
    Penelopa.Pitstop Posts: 1,148 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 4 December 2020 at 12:18AM
    Options
    I installed the app and found bill for usage between 01 and 28 of November. It includes my reading from 01/12, but bill is based on their estimated usage until 28th.
    App looks better than website and gives me date of next meter read on 1st of January. However it's still not showing last DD payment from 2 days ago.
  • Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I installed the app and found bill for usage between 01 and 28 of November. It includes my reading from 01/12, but bill is based on their estimated usage until 28th.
    App looks better than website and gives me date of next meter read on 1st of January. However it's still not showing last DD payment from 2 days ago.
    Seems to take about 4 to 5 days for DD to show (and seems to be different timing between app and web...)

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 32,006 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    molerat said:
    Noticed a message in my daughter's account stating bill available so I suspect they may be sending e-mails / SMS now - she will likely tell me later.  There seems no logic to their meter read date - last month was 29th so I submitted her read on 29th and again 30th for good measure - bill has estimate on 28th.  The app gives a reading due date which does not tie in to when they bill but at least the estimates are pretty accurate.  Waiting for my bill now which will likely be tomorrow.  So the question is has anyone actually figured out there billing cycle ?
    They have used an estimated read for 29th Nov on my account so using a different date each month and not the one on the app.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback