Options

Comments

• bsms1147
    bsms1147 Posts: 2,261 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 4 July 2020 at 11:06AM
    Options
    They remain on my radar...

But before I join I would want to ask them something; I've sent them a message through their online form, by email, and now through one of their social media channels, but received no response to any of them. Their live chat is never online.

It's likely that so long as everything runs smoothly with your switch, account and billing, and you never need to contact them, they'll probably be fine, but if you ever have an issue you might not be able to get hold of them.
  • Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 2 August 2020 at 11:15PM
    Options
    Just thought I'd report back now that the switch to Neon Reef has completed.  

Impressed with the amount of communication from Neon throughout the switching period with at least weekly emails on status.  I had cause to email them on a number of occasions (due to issues with SSE and meter complications) and replies were prompt (on at least one occasion within an hour of sending an email), friendly and helpful.   

Their App, whilst basic, had a good switch tracker which actually updated on a daily basis (unlike others I've seen before).  

So fingers crossed this experience continues as it has done so far.  I guess the test will be when we submit next meter reading at end of month and how quickly and accurately bills are produced...but at the moment I'm quietly confident. So thumbs up so far for Neon Reef.
  • dave_dph
    dave_dph Posts: 619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Shedman said:
    We joined NR in February. At first it was a bit bumpy until they spotted we had 2 entries on the database which they rectified for us. Since then they have collected a reasonable DD, I send in monthly meter reads, (the app works). Three or four days later they use their own estimate and raise an invoice which I scrutinise on line. To borrow a phrase from another poster, I don't bother them and they don't bother me.
    OK so sounds like they could be OK so long as you pay attention but just wonder why they use their own estimate when you've sent them the meter reading anyway?  At least with YE they use the meter readings you submit (plus the bills produced within 30 mins of submitting the readings).

Neon Reef (like Utility Point) will use an estimated reading if you submit your own reading more than one day prior to your billing date. Once you know your monthly billing date, always submit your reading(s) on the previous day. The email reminder is always a few days in advance, just ignore it!
  • _Jem_
    _Jem_ Posts: 308 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 15 September 2020 at 1:30PM
    Options
    dave_dph said:
    Shedman said:
    We joined NR in February. At first it was a bit bumpy until they spotted we had 2 entries on the database which they rectified for us. Since then they have collected a reasonable DD, I send in monthly meter reads, (the app works). Three or four days later they use their own estimate and raise an invoice which I scrutinise on line. To borrow a phrase from another poster, I don't bother them and they don't bother me.
    OK so sounds like they could be OK so long as you pay attention but just wonder why they use their own estimate when you've sent them the meter reading anyway?  At least with YE they use the meter readings you submit (plus the bills produced within 30 mins of submitting the readings).

Neon Reef (like Utility Point) will use an estimated reading if you submit your own reading more than one day prior to your billing date. Once you know your monthly billing date, always submit your reading(s) on the previous day. The email reminder is always a few days in advance, just ignore it!
    Are they able to read smart meters?
    Edit: Talked to them online and no they dont read smart meters. 

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 32,006 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Daughter just had first bill.  Go live date was 28th Sept so submitted reads on 28th and 31st Oct - they have estimated on 29th Oct.  Will try again next month !
    My live date was 29th Sept and submitted reads on 29th and 31st Oct, will see what happens probably tomorrow.
  • Stratus
    Stratus Posts: 254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    molerat said:
    Daughter just had first bill.  Go live date was 28th Sept so submitted reads on 28th and 31st Oct - they have estimated on 29th Oct.  Will try again next month !
    My live date was 29th Sept and submitted reads on 29th and 31st Oct, will see what happens probably tomorrow.
    How sure are you about your "live" dates?
    I was scheduled to start with them on 6th October but received an email on the 3rd announcing that I was now a Neon Reef customer. Checking with my network operator, it was still showing as being supplied by my previous company (Symbio) on that date. It was the same on the 4th and 5th. It only showed NR from the 6th, as originally expected. Symbio's closing bill was to the 5th using readings I supplied to NR and Symbio on the 6th. Awaiting NR's first bill.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 32,006 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 3 November 2020 at 1:09PM
    Options
    Same early "live" e-mails but opening reads on Neon Reef site and Symbio final bill dates confirm switch dates as originally planned and now confirmed by her bill which, once updated with the new bill read date and meter estimate figure, comes out spot on in my spreadsheet.
  • bubieyehyeh
    Options
    Just moved to NR, I also got the early email, which seemed timed 21 day after I applied, a few days before the actual switch date. I did a online chat with NR and they apologized and said the email was sent in error, and the actual switch date was as previously advised.
  • danielson81
    danielson81 Posts: 186 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 November 2020 at 3:51PM
    Options
    I applied to switch to Neon Reef on 2nd October and they said it would switch on the 23rd October, it then changed to 1st November, they emailed me on the 16th October with "
    We are sending you an email with an update with your switch to Neon Reef.  Due to an industry issue on our end we have had a delay in switching your supply to Neon Reef which has just been identified and we wanted to notify you of this"

As per "Switching. You can get £30 from your new supplier if it fails to complete the switch within 15 working days. " would this be worth claiming? 

Edit - Email them to ask, and an hour later they replied and confirmed a credit would be issued within 30 days! Impressed!! 
  • Penelopa.Pitstop
    Penelopa.Pitstop Posts: 1,148 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 2 December 2020 at 4:57PM
    Options
    When do you get bills after submitting meter reads? I submitted them yesterday, after a first months and nothing was generated. My electricity was switched on 1st of November. I don't get emails to supply meter readings, I just did it withouth reminder. Online account seems very basic.

Thanks for the tip about credit, I was in exactly the same situation with the same dates mentioned.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback