New Post Advanced Search

Best Thing You’ve Discovered In Lockdown

41 replies 3.5K views
GabiBGabiB Forumite
219 posts
100 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭
What is the best thing you’ve discovered in lockdown? Be it a new skill, a new TV series or film you wouldn’t have tried, or something you’ve found at home/upcycled.
Young MoneySaving geek who’s dream came true appearing on Martin’s Show! 😃

Replies

• GabiBGabiB Forumite
    219 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Mine is a new TV series (Joe Lycett’s Got Your Back) and doing portraits in chalk pastel.
  • Chris25Chris25 Forumite
    12.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't say just one best thing - One is the pub quizzes on youtube, another is a Ch4 programme called Damages, I've loved the many different memes doing the rounds, I've found a new place to walk to, and having my ideas re-inforced of just how nice people generally are ;)
  • Grumpy_chapGrumpy_chap Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quality time with my wife.
    Peace, quiet and more relaxed pace.
    So much to do without driving.
    Garden.
  • fatbellyfatbelly Forumite
    15.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Cashback Cashier Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A network of footpaths where I live. Been there 20 years and never knew they existed.
  • GabiBGabiB Forumite
    219 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    fatbelly said:
    A network of footpaths where I live. Been there 20 years and never knew they existed.
    Ooh, cool. I’ve discovered a mini forest (emphasis on mini) near my house.
  • edited 21 July at 12:50AM
    IamdebtfreeIamdebtfree Forumite
    23 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 21 July at 12:50AM
    Working from home. Well, I have worked from home before but not for this long of course. Not having to pointlessly schlepp to and from the office when my work is on my laptop in my living room. I truly dread going back. I hope and pray offices will become a thing of the past.
  • mumfmumf Forumite
    266 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭
    I was furloughed for six weeks.After ten days I grew to love it! I got all those jobs done at a steady pace,spent proper time with my wife,and realised there is more to life than work.So much so,I am actively seeking a new job to fit in with ME.
  • ryanellisryanellis Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I've enjoyed spending time doing things that I never had time for in the past... cooking, exercise are two that spring to mind.  
  • IamdebtfreeIamdebtfree Forumite
    23 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Off topic, sorry everyone- for most people work is just something we do to keep ourselves housed, fed and entertained. I've yet in my almost 50 years on this planet to meet someone who actually likes let alone loves what they do for work. Like I said, I hope and pray I never have to go back to the office and feel about ten thousand times better all in all, mentally and physically, working from home..
  • ZaSa1418ZaSa1418 Forumite
    110 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    I have discovered that not rushing around constantly is so much better for my health. 
    Working from home is a huge part of that, no 4hrs travelling a day, more time seeing my babies too. 
    LBM Debt Total : £48,326.50
    June : £45,762.32
    July : £42,149.91