IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Gladstone’s Solicitors / Local Car Park Management

Options

Comments

• ImranU95
    ImranU95 Posts: 106 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    perfect, i’ve sent a response back to them now. they are such arrogant c*****
  • ImranU95
    Options

Just received this back from LCPM. I’m not quite sure what they’re getting at, surely they will have some sort of records of what has been paid on the machines for that specific date? I have been CC’ing Sara Roberts into the emails I have been sending to LCPM but they keep removing her?! 
  • Jenni_D
    Jenni_D Posts: 5,113 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 8 February 2021 at 4:46PM
    Options
    Of course they keep removing her - very easy to do if you only hit the Reply button. ;) Try responding again and this time put her in the To: list. :) (Although this still may not work. Make sure your reply includes their previous response).

Question - do the machines they're talking about (or rather, the actual machines on this site) require you to enter your vehicle reg (VRM) before issuing a ticket? If yes then their reply is nonsense, and you need to make this clear to them - if no then the PDT logs may be irrelevant as there will be no data of yours stored.
    Jenni x
  • ImranU95
    Options
    Thank Jenni. I will include Sara Roberts into the email chain once again.

Regarding the PDT machines, i’m not sure if they require a VRM to be input when buying a ticket. Point being, the machines were not working on this date which is why I could not purchase a ticket (not saying that means I can park for free) but because the machines were not working, I could not pay. Would I be able to highlight this to LCPM and request for a copy of the payments made on their PDT machines for this date?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 February 2021 at 5:19PM
    Options
    ImranU95 said:
    Thank Jenni. I will include Sara Roberts into the email chain once again.

Regarding the PDT machines, i’m not sure if they require a VRM to be input when buying a ticket. Point being, the machines were not working on this date which is why I could not purchase a ticket (not saying that means I can park for free) but because the machines were not working, I could not pay. Would I be able to highlight this to LCPM and request for a copy of the payments made on their PDT machines for this date?
    They are being knowingly obstructive.   Be a PDT or an app, there is always records.
    If they are obstructive with a judge .... LCPM must understand that playing such games will not go in their favour.   Maybe it needs Sara to put them right again

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    ASk them how they know that no payment was made. Surely they get records from the PDT which are compared to the ANPR records?
  • Jenni_D
    Options
    ASk them how they know that no payment was made. Surely they get records from the PDT which are compared to the ANPR records?
    Exactly. If there's no linkage between the payment machine and the ANPR cameras, how can they know that anybody who paid at a machine (rather than using an app) has paid? (I'm assuming that it is all ANPR and they don't have "boots on the ground"?)
    Jenni x
  • ImranU95
    Options
    From the SAR information they sent me, it does look like it was a ‘boots on the ground’ situation as opposed to ANPR. The pictures taken suggest it was by a parking attendant.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 8 February 2021 at 5:49PM
    Options
    So the boots on the ground must expect a paid for ticket receipt , either with or without the VRM , pay by app requires the weasel to check for VRM pay by app scenario

Most machines require the VRM , but not all

Pay by app definitely requires the VRM

If the VRM has to be put in on either , a data controller has responsibility for that data  , typically the parking company or the landowner or managing agent of the site

If no VRM is typed in , there is no personal data to retrieve
  • Jenni_D
    Options
    In which case pursuing PDT logs is a futile exercise ... they won't have logs with your VRM so you've no legal right to them under a SAR. However you would be entitled to demand PDT logs be produced in court for the day in question - they would need to prove that the machines were working (if that's what they're claiming).
    Jenni x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure