IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Gladstone’s Solicitors / Local Car Park Management

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd just forward their reply to Sara Roberts and ask:

1. Does the BPA believe that the tone of a reply that includes ''Pardon us'' and splits hairs about whether a 'PDT' (Pay & Display Ticket) machine (your phrase) is the same thing as 'pay and display machines' (their phrase) is the sort of professional response that the BPA expects of AOS members?  

2. Could the BPA kindly explain to the member on your behalf, because they seem incapable of understanding, that all you are asking for is the payment logs that will include the VRM of your vehicle if the machine asked for it when paying for a ticket. And the reason you are asking for those logs is because anything that contains your VRM, is part of your personal data and clearly, a system that interrogates machine logs of payments, led to this PCN.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ImranU95
    ImranU95 Posts: 106 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

1. Does the BPA believe that the tone of a reply that includes ''Pardon us'' and splits hairs about whether a 'PDT' (Pay & Display Ticket) machine (your phrase) is the same thing as 'pay and display machines' (their phrase) is the sort of professional response that the BPA expects of AOS members?  

2. Could the BPA kindly explain to the member on your behalf, because they seem incapable of understanding, that all you are asking for is the payment logs that will include the VRM of your vehicle if the machine asked for it when paying for a ticket. And the reason you are asking for those logs is because anything that contains your VRM, is part of your personal data and clearly, a system that interrogates machine logs of payments, led to this PCN.

Would point 2 still apply to this case if the PDT machines does NOT require a VRM to be input?
  • ImranU95
    Options

Perfect, thank you! I will forward their response along with the above commentary to Sara Roberts.
  • 1505grandad
    1505grandad Posts: 2,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    One of your first posts states:_

"I’m not sure who the landowner is.. i have parked in the same car park without a ticket previously and didn’t get a ticket. My point is that none of the other cars there had tickets either?"
  • Jenni_D
    Jenni_D Posts: 5,113 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    ImranU95 said:

Would point 2 still apply to this case if the PDT machines does NOT require a VRM to be input?
    No - please see my previous reply. (Last post on the previous page).
    Jenni x
  • ImranU95
    Options
    thanks jenni - I will still forward this on to Sara Roberts because i want proof that the machines were fully functional on the date this was issued. Only way I can prove this is if they have a log of payments. Does that sound reasonable?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I hope that Sara can actually put these parking companies in touch with themselves, 
    Up and until now, it's been a complete disaster
  • ImranU95
    Options
    beamerguy said:
    I hope that Sara can actually put these parking companies in touch with themselves, 
    Up and until now, it's been a complete disaster
    Especially with LCPM!
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ImranU95 said:
    thanks jenni - I will still forward this on to Sara Roberts because i want proof that the machines were fully functional on the date this was issued. Only way I can prove this is if they have a log of payments. Does that sound reasonable?
    Totally right to do so ..... if this company cannot prove, or refuse to prove it's their funeral
  • ImranU95
    Options
    Thanks beamer, I’ve sent their response to Sara Roberts with my own commentary also
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback