Reboot and select proper boot device

Options

Comments

• debitcardmayhem
    debitcardmayhem Posts: 11,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Not good , will look for more info if there is any on which partitions it needs, I would guess it probably needs a recovery partition, possibly an efi partition and the windows system one.
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • debitcardmayhem
    Options
    DoaM said:
    As above, not wishing to stick my oar in, but .... what if you select disk 2 then list partition? What do you get?

What size is your HDD in this machine? (Looking at the info suggests you have a single HDD that is stated as 40GB, which is about 36GB in reality - which would tie in [close enough] with the numbers shown in the screenshots. The 29GB volume should probably be the main OS and the <4GB volume is the recovery).

It's a seagate 3tb https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/77233681/#Comment_77233681

🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • debitcardmayhem
    Options
    Deleted_User I just looked at your 1st screen shot and the system looks like it has EFI boot on it I will be back in a while to see what we need
  • debitcardmayhem
    Options
    OK here we go
    start back at DISKPART please
    SELECT DISK 0
    CONVERT GPT
    CREATE PARTITION EFI OFFSET=1024 SIZE=100
    SELECT DISK 0
    CREATE PARTITION MSR SIZE=16
    SELECT DISK 0
    CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
    EXIT
    then try the reset again 🤞

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I got as far as gpt?

• debitcardmayhem
    Options
    Oh bother or as I should say !%$& it looks like the disk is probably goosed , but try from
    CREATE PARTITION EFI OFFSET=1024 SIZE=100
    if that works carry on if not let me know >:)

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Guess that’s a no 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Is it worth taking it to a pc repair shop or best to save my money and buy a new pc?
    Also, do you think this was a virus or it just gave up?

• debitcardmayhem
    Options
    Looks like the disk is gone then you could buy a new disk online , but are you sure to cannot access  another pc/laptop or a relative/friend who could create a USB for you, I know with lockdown it may be difficult
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If I ask someone for a usb. What exactly is it I need to ask for?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback