Reboot and select proper boot device

Options

Comments

• debitcardmayhem
    debitcardmayhem Posts: 11,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Ooops my bad sorry
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ok
  • debitcardmayhem
    Options
    Hmm lets try
    detail disk
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ok
  • debitcardmayhem
    Options
    Looks like the Partition Table has gone awol ... will need to look for my brain on google since you have no other pc to create another usb, I will be back soon I hope
  • debitcardmayhem
    Options
    I don't think we can go further tonight, but a couple of questions
    Have you ever , preferably recently backed up your data from this PC?
    Bearing mind Social Distancing etc can you ask someone to create a USB stick for you ?
    Oh and have you got an external disk drive , I guess if the answer to 1 is yes you might have one otherwise we could explore other options

I need to go and water my tomatoes before it gets dark, I will check back tomorrow hopefully  Good luck and be safe
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    No external bạck up ☺️
    Another stupid question: Create a usb stick with what on it ?

thank you for your time 
  • debitcardmayhem
    Options
    No external bạck up ☺️
    Another stupid question: Create a usb stick with what on it ?

thank you for your time 
    OK is there much data on the PC which is irreplaceable ?
    I would create a USB stick with a utility or two which "may" help with recovering the situation without having to re-install Windows and thus wiping everything, my first thought is to try and recreate the partition table and failing that try to recover what hopefully is still on the disk, of course that assumes that the disk is still readable , but I am more hopeful that is the case , but if we re-install Windows then that may overwrite what is still on there and we may not be able to recover anything worthwhile.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ok that just went way over my head, sorry ☺️
    I don’t really have anything much on there that I am desperate to keep. I just want a working computer so that my son can do his schoolwork work on and I really can’t afford to buy a new pc during this difficult time. 

My IT skills are terrible, so if we can restore the pc, then great. If not, I’ll just be happy to get it working again. 

Thanks
  • debitcardmayhem
    Options
    morning, let’s try a couple of things. First we need to go back to the command prompt in advanced options
    next enter these 3 commands 
    • bootrec /fixmbr
    • bootrec /fixboot
    • bootrec /rebuildbcd 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback