Reboot and select proper boot device

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good morning 
    thanks for returning 

I need to take my son to the opticians and will be back in a couple of hours. Thanks again 
  • debitcardmayhem
    debitcardmayhem Posts: 11,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    OK when you can 👓
    DISKPART
    SELECT DISK 0
    LIST PARTITION
    LIST VOLUME

🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ok
  • inspectorperez
    Options
    OK when you can 👓
    DISKPART
    SELECT DISK 0
    LIST PARTITION
    LIST VOLUME

Not wanting to stick my neb in here debitcardmayhem, and I don't want to disrupt your extremely helpful dialogue with the OP, but I'm just wondering if it is possible that the disc letters assigned to each drive have been corrupted in some way. Its just when I see the screenshot with volume 2 Letter C, described as "Recovery" that prompts my question. I know I have had problems with this sort of thing in the past which can quickly move you into panic mode! If you have already excluded this possibility, please just ignore my comment.
  • debitcardmayhem
    Options
    OK when you can 👓
    DISKPART
    SELECT DISK 0
    LIST PARTITION
    LIST VOLUME

Not wanting to stick my neb in here debitcardmayhem, and I don't want to disrupt your extremely helpful dialogue with the OP, but I'm just wondering if it is possible that the disc letters assigned to each drive have been corrupted in some way. Its just when I see the screenshot with volume 2 Letter C, described as "Recovery" that prompts my question. I know I have had problems with this sort of thing in the past which can quickly move you into panic mode! If you have already excluded this possibility, please just ignore my comment.

No thats the recovery USB , the disk appears to have nothing on it
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • debitcardmayhem
    edited 1 June 2020 at 2:14PM
    Options
    Hello Deleted_User , the disk is not showing anything to me , in the absence of other tools it would looks like a re-set is the only option, although it may be the disk is totally dead.
    exit diskpart
    exit the command prompt
    then use the reset option , that will wipe the whole data on the disk , you can try the save my data option but I can't see that working
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 1 June 2020 at 2:18PM
    Options
    As above, not wishing to stick my oar in, but .... what if you select disk 2 then list partition? What do you get?

What size is your HDD in this machine? (Looking at the info suggests you have a single HDD that is stated as 40GB, which is about 36GB in reality - which would tie in [close enough] with the numbers shown in the screenshots. The 29GB volume should probably be the main OS and the <4GB volume is the recovery).
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

This is when I selected to keep files. 
    I will now try complete reset
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    DoaM said:
    As above, not wishing to stick my oar in, but .... what if you select disk 2 then list partition? What do you get?

What size is your HDD in this machine? (Looking at the info suggests you have a single HDD that is stated as 40GB, which is about 36GB in reality - which would tie in [close enough] with the numbers shown in the screenshots. The 29GB volume should probably be the main OS and the <4GB volume is the recovery).

Don’t know what size hdd
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    This is the complete reset Option. I take it as not good then
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills