asda credit card changing to creation cashback card 14th july

edited 11 May at 11:00AM in Credit Cards
182 replies 17.4K views

Replies

• roddydogsroddydogs Forumite
    7.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't create a voucher till the last minute, unless you can make £2.50 before the cut off as you will lose it.
  • fluffysoxfluffysox Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know how things stand re getting money back from this credit card when a company who you've made a purchase from using the card goes bump?

I had not thought of this. And as someone else said, what happens re: refunds (or credit card protection) for instance for holidays this Summer if they get cancelled?
    2016 MFW OPd £2000, 2015 MFW OPd 3000 then bought new bigger house with bigger mortgage.
    MFW OPd 2014 £2000 2013 £9700 2012 £2848.39 2011 £2509.58 2010 £11000 2009 £112002008 £4939 :D
    Beautiful boys born May 2011 and October 2013 :)
  • fluffysoxfluffysox Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    My letter was “your account will close” unless you ring Creation and for a new card with no cashback. I will wait til the last minute to produce cashback voucher. I have been avoiding Asda recently in favour of smaller shops as the queues look horrendous.
    2016 MFW OPd £2000, 2015 MFW OPd 3000 then bought new bigger house with bigger mortgage.
    MFW OPd 2014 £2000 2013 £9700 2012 £2848.39 2011 £2509.58 2010 £11000 2009 £112002008 £4939 :D
    Beautiful boys born May 2011 and October 2013 :)
  • kaMelokaMelo Forumite
    259 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    I've had the asda credit card sine the early 2010's maybe even before if it was around i can't recall 

my t&c never changed so i've always had cashback rather than vouchers i did get the asda letter afew years ago saying it was going to be vouchers but for some reason its never changed for me.

Thanks for that, I wonder if it was by design or just a mistake, anyway it's great you've kept the cashback both previously when they changed to vouchers and now too.

My letter codes are L0006 for the black and L0005 for the green but the wording on each letter is exactly the same, No Cashback, which is disappointing but not exactly the end of the world.
     An Asda superstore is a five minute walk away from me, it is my corner shop so have done very well out of the cashback over the years, the switch to vouchers didn't bother me as I do use them regularly. I guess I'll hang on to see what, if anything, Asda come up with before looking at other options. 
  • older_wiserolder_wiser Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    L0004 does look like the only letter code thats giving the new 1% cashback rate and from the looks of creation aren't being overly generous with who gets it. I'll still be interested in the new asda credit card and who they do partner with when they launch it.
  • BigBlueSkyBigBlueSky Forumite
    234 posts
    ✭✭
    Out letter still hasn't come through yet - just hoping it is the L0004 one :)
  • Somerset_La_La_LaSomerset_La_La_La Forumite
    995 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I'm only on Asda Start, no cashback in future for me either, unsurprisingly... but shocked they seem to have also offered me the chance to transfer to Creation (as others have). I guess there's no real increased risk to them (They already have me as a liability), but I thought they'd just boot me off now they aren't getting £££ from Asda - e.g. I definitely didn't qualify for the normal Creation Cards, when they were on the website to apply for directly (last year).

Filled in the form but haven't had any confirmation other than a little popup message, which is a bit poor considering everything that could go wrong! Would expect an auto-generated page/email really.
    Used to work in Underwriting. Only the lender can give a definitive answer to queries
  • edited 17 May at 8:29PM
    evogilesevogiles Forumite
    35 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 17 May at 8:29PM
    2% cashback on spend everywhere for me. Received my letter on friday.

L0002 is my code.

Really happy with that, ill be staying with Creation. Will work out a lot better than asdas card.
  • BigBlueSkyBigBlueSky Forumite
    234 posts
    ✭✭
    Filled in the form but haven't had any confirmation other than a little popup message, which is a bit poor considering everything that could go wrong! Would expect an auto-generated page/email really.
    How do you access the form? - Is it accessible through your Creation account online ?

Thanks
  • Somerset_La_La_LaSomerset_La_La_La Forumite
    995 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    How do you access the form? - Is it accessible through your Creation account online ?

Thanks
    My letter had a link in it, maybe tailored approach for each letter/segment of customers - https://move-my-card.creation.co.uk/ for me.

It said they'd process "from July", which doesn't give any real comfort seeing as the deadline for successfully completing the form is 30th JUNE! I guess the first sign of whether it worked will be if Asda card still works post-13th July (a sign your agreement to transfer is active). Or they issue you with new terms/some form of acknowledgement. Unless I phone in... but not keen to do that as other people genuinely need help at the moment (they've not replied to my email yet).

I don't particularly need the card, as no cashback etc. for me - but would be nice to retain the account as it's effectively a freebie in terms of credit scoring. I'll be far more interested to see what Asda themselves have to offer when their new card launches, if no good then Amex shortly after (once my adverse drops!)
    Used to work in Underwriting. Only the lender can give a definitive answer to queries