New Post Advanced Search

asda credit card changing to creation cashback card 14th july

edited 11 May at 11:00AM in Credit Cards
182 replies 17.4K views

Replies

• grandprixgrandprix Forumite
    78 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    I'd like to print a voucher right now but the login screen comes up blank and I've been waiting on the phone for about 30 mins - great service ASDA !! You really have cheesed off Creation Fin. Services Ltd. Although I've heard you treat most of your suppliers with not the most friendly of attitudes ?
  • anothergoanothergo Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    OK its going to be a real pain, does anybody know of a good alternative credit card with cash back etc?
  • older_wiserolder_wiser Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    anothergo said:
    OK its going to be a real pain, does anybody know of a good alternative credit card with cash back etc?
    amex natwest and barclaycard are the only ones i recall theres probably others too

there are afew others with points rather than cash like amazon tesco 

• edited 12 May at 5:28PM
    ratechaserratechaser Forumite
    963 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    edited 12 May at 5:28PM
    1) Amex plat CC - up to 1.25% (if you go for the £25/year one) plus intro and referral bonuses.

2) John Lewis CC for anywhere that doesn't take Amex - at least 0.5% back in JL/Waitrose vouchers, including using their own bureau de change for foreign currency.

Those are my main 2. Plus also have another with Nationwide purely for fee free overseas spending.
  • edited 1 July at 5:22PM
    Steve_LSteve_L Forumite
    338 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    edited 1 July at 5:22PM
    grandprix said:
    I'd like to print a voucher right now but the login screen comes up blank and I've been waiting on the phone for about 30 mins - great service ASDA !! You really have cheesed off Creation Fin. Services Ltd. Although I've heard you treat most of your suppliers with not the most friendly of attitudes ?
    I had the same. An overloaded system, like so many others at the moment, or a symptom of the relationship breakdown? But, even if two parties aren't getting along, you don't take it out on the children customers.
    At the instant of posting, it's working AOK, so I choose to believe that it's the former. 
    PS. If it "hangs" on a blank screen, which for me is always "Dashboard", then select another option (Transactions, Statements, Card Management or Card Benefits) and then switch back to Dashboard.  This looks like an overloaded system to me. Plug in the emergency Sinclair Spectrum, guys!

"Life is much/far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it." Oscar Wilde, in "Vera; or, The Nihilists” (much), then "Lady Windermere's Fan" (far).

• alfred64alfred64 Forumite
    5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    longhill said:
    Got my letter if says 1% cashback on purchases anywhere which will be redeemed off balance as it is now
    I have the same. As I was previously transferred to a creation cashback card  ( from Flybe) I am not sure how two cards from same issuer will work out. Although I have previous experience of Creation's incompetence.
  • MinimanMiniman Forumite
    6 posts
    Eighth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I am expecting a refund on holidays to be taken in June. I won't cancel now as I shall lose my deposit. I paid on my Asda/Creation card. I am wondering how I will get the refund if it comes through after 13 July and is refunded on that card. Watching the situation very carefully!!
  • northwalesdnorthwalesd Forumite
    518 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I've just had my letter about the Asda card. No cashback on purchases on my card if I stick with Creation. Don't think I'll sign up with them.
  • kaMelokaMelo Forumite
    258 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    I'm intrigued too about those being offered cashback with the new Creation Credit Card. We have both types, the black and the green and had them when it was originally cashback but that changed to getting vouchers in June 2017.
    Our letters say "No Cashback" which is disappointing.

We originally got them: the green one was 2014 and black one 2016.
    To those who are receiving a cashback offer, did you hold the cards before those dates and did you move over to vouchers or stay on cashback? 

• older_wiserolder_wiser Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    kaMelo said:
    I'm intrigued too about those being offered cashback with the new Creation Credit Card. We have both types, the black and the green and had them when it was originally cashback but that changed to getting vouchers in June 2017.
    Our letters say "No Cashback" which is disappointing.

We originally got them: the green one was 2014 and black one 2016.
    To those who are receiving a cashback offer, did you hold the cards before those dates and did you move over to vouchers or stay on cashback? 

I've had the asda credit card sine the early 2010's maybe even before if it was around i can't recall 

my t&c never changed so i've always had cashback rather than vouchers i did get the asda letter afew years ago saying it was going to be vouchers but for some reason its never changed for me.

for the first 6 years of having the card i always kept a balance on it so payed a healthy amount of interest for the past 3 years i've pay the balance in full i'm not sure if they are hoping i go back to the bad old days of paying interest  the 1% cashback they quoted me will help me claw back something from them lol