• edited 11 May at 3:15PM
    Steve_LSteve_L Forumite
    338 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    edited 11 May at 3:15PM
    The gist of letter I've received is ...

There are 3 options ....
    1. ASDA are working on a new ASDA Money credit card, which will be available soon.
    2. You can opt in to stay with Creation's own credit card.
    3. You switch to someone else.

You will continue to earn cashback on purchases until 13 July 2020. Then, if you have a cashback balance of £2.50 or more, you can create a cashback voucher until 12 September 2020, which will be valid for 28 days. This can be redeemed in ASDA stores or online at george.com.

As I shop with ASDA online fior food, etc. and at ASDA for fuel, I plan to wait and see what this new ASDA card offers. Ideally, it continues to offer 1% cashback at ASDA and 0.2% cashback elsewhere. If not, then  ....
    "Life is much/far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it." Oscar Wilde, in "Vera; or, The Nihilists” (much), then "Lady Windermere's Fan" (far).

• edited 11 May at 3:45PM
    older_wiserolder_wiser Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 11 May at 3:45PM
    Steve_L said:
    The gist of letter I've received is ...

There are 3 options ....
    1. ASDA are working on a new ASDA Money credit card, which will be available soon.
    2. You can opt in to stay with Creation's own credit card.
    3. You switch to someone else.

You will continue to earn cashback on purchases until 13 July 2020. Then, if you have a cashback balance of £2.50 or more, you can create a cashback voucher until 12 September 2020, which will be valid for 28 days. This can be redeemed in ASDA stores or online at george.com.

As I shop with ASDA online fior food, etc. and at ASDA for fuel, I plan to wait and see what this new ASDA card offers. Ideally, it continues to offer 1% cashback at ASDA and 0.2% cashback elsewhere. If not, then  ....
    My letter doesn't say a thing about vouchers just has this section 

Don't forget your cashback 
    your cashback will continue to be redeemed off your balance as it does today, you don't need to do a thing!

which is why i think i'm on a legacy asda credit card when i signed up it was cashback at the end of the month rather than vouchers and my t&c weren't changed over the past decade or so

it does also mention that if you change your mind after you have closed your asda credit card you won't be able to apply for the creation cashback card as this is an exclusive offer to asda credit card customers whether they will open it up to new applicants later on who knows. 
  • roddydogsroddydogs Forumite
    7.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well it was 1% on asda stuff, then 0.5 on other stuff, then they changed it to vouchers, then reduced non asda stuff to 0.2 %
  • penners324penners324 Forumite
    537 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    I'm on the old Asda Cashbsck card and my letter says we'll close your account or please open a bog standard Creation card (no cashback).
  • older_wiserolder_wiser Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    have the people who have been informed they won't be getting any cashback on the new credit card do they have another card with creation or don't they use their current asda credit card very often etc 

i'm trying to figure out why some aren't getting any cashback while others are

its the first time i've noticed some credit cards withdrawing some benefits for some customers while not for others very unusual i do hope this doesn't filter into the broader market and when you apply for a cashback card you could be denied that element but still get the card. 
  • hgthgt Forumite
    273 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    I'm also on the old Asda card (receive cashback instead of vouchers), but no offer of any future cashback from Creation for me. May as well let them close the account as no point having a non-cashback card for me!
  • J_BJ_B Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Our letters (we both have a card) say no cashback!
  • cornishman_2cornishman_2 Forumite
    3 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker First Post
    Yep, I got the letter to.  the Creation car would be no cash back and no interest free on ASDA George purchases.  To be honest at 0.2% on most purchases it was not worth much.  If I spent heavily I could afford a free ham at Christmas.  I will have to get a back up to AMEX, but I try and use AMEX mostly as it still pays a progressive 0.5 % and 1% 
  • edited 12 May at 8:37AM
    TrickyDicky101TrickyDicky101 Forumite
    3.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 12 May at 8:37AM
    I got the letter too (no cashback if move over to Creation - which I won't be doing).  
    I am currently unable to login to my Asda credit card account - is this happening to anyone else?  I don't think it is my systems as I have tried alternative computers/browsers.

EDIT: I got in via my mobile so maybe it's something to do with historic cookies on both my computers
  • MSlater_2MSlater_2 Forumite
    2 posts
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I have £50+ cashback accrued that I was saving for Christmas. Now they say download voucher, so I have, and it has to be used IN STORE before 8th June 2020.  I am vulnerable and self isolating and 10 miles from my nearest store!  Fat chance of me getting to a store before 8th June!!!  This is not CASH back. This is "use it or lose it".  Should be able to use it for groceries delivered to home.  If I can get a slot!!!