edited 11 May at 11:00AM in Credit Cards
182 replies 17.4K views

Replies

• edited 12 May at 10:18AM
    *California**California* Forumite
    29 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 12 May at 10:18AM
    I have got the same problem with the accrued cashback.
    I have to agree that this is not CASH back and it is "use it or lose it".
    Should be able to use it for groceries delivered to home.
    I am quite unhappy with the whole situation.
    I think they have forgotten and do not care about the people who use their card.
    And I am not happy that I would need to apply the new ASDA Credit Card if I would like it. I think they should have offered to transfer me to that card.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Forumite
    7.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its create a voucher before 12 sep., then use it within 28 days. Your card will only work up to 13th July. Don't forget its a minimum of £2.50.
  • *California**California* Forumite
    29 posts
    But if one chooses not to retain a Creation Credit Card, it says that the account will automatically close after 13 July 2020.
    If the account is closed, how will one be able to redeem Cashback from 13 July 2020 until 12 September 2020?
  • *California**California* Forumite
    29 posts
    And ASDA credit card is not changing to Creation Cashback card for everybody.
    I got an offer for a Creation Credit Card not a Cashback Credit card.
  • older_wiserolder_wiser Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    bizzare how many people are being offered different options am i really the only one so far to get the offer of 1% cashback on the new card ?

Ive reread my letter numerous times thinking perhaps i'm mistaken but the letter states the offer so unless they have sent this in error the offer is valid. I'll only be 100% confident though when the new card arrives with the 1% confirmed.
    7.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bit of a baxxs up!
  • northwalesdnorthwalesd Forumite
    518 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I haven't had a letter yet.
  • longhilllonghill Forumite
    128 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    Got my letter if says 1% cashback on purchases anywhere which will be redeemed off balance as it is now
    SAVE 12K IN 2020 NUMBER 98 My target to Save is10k
    JAN 995.28 FEB 431.06
    Mar 376.33 Apr 361.71 May434. 92 June 1228 July 1348.26 Aug370. 71

RUNNING Total 5546.25
    7.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    But to a lot of us its been vouchers only for about 18months.
  • edited 12 May at 2:35PM
    adindasadindas Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 12 May at 2:35PM
    bizzare how many people are being offered different options am i really the only one so far to get the offer of 1% cashback on the new card ?

Ive reread my letter numerous times thinking perhaps i'm mistaken but the letter states the offer so unless they have sent this in error the offer is valid. I'll only be 100% confident though when the new card arrives with the 1% confirmed.
    Second page of my Letter :
    If I decide to take a Creation Card what will change?
    You will not earn Cashback   >:)>:)>:)
    You will no longer pay 0% interest on purchases of £200 or more at George.com
    If you purchase foreign currency with Travelex it will now be treated as a cash transaction, and therefore will incur interest at the Cash Advance rate
    You will receive a new Creation branded card by 31 August 2020 but can continue to use your current plastic card until then.
    If you have further questions .. . you can find our FAQs enclosed
    Yours sincerely
    Customer Service Team
    So no creation card for me then. I will not be wastimg my time and let them close it automatically. 
    I agree with other people opinion, it is actually not a cashback but voucher. Even worse, you will only have a month time to use your voucher.
    What also annoryed me here is that you will still need to apply for a new ASDA creditcard to get the same cashback level when shopping at ASDA.