New Post Advanced Search

asda credit card changing to creation cashback card 14th july

edited 11 May at 11:00AM in Credit Cards
179 replies 17.2K views

Replies

• Late1stTimeBuyerLate1stTimeBuyer Forumite
    21 posts
    10 Posts
    I've received the letter about the card stopping too. I only really got the card last year to get cashback as most of my fuel is purchased from Asda and we use their online shopping. 
    I'm tempted to let the creation card expire and see what the new Asda card is like. 

Does anyone know what the closed credit card would look like on a credit file? I'm assuming that given the card will no longer be around everything will be ok. 
  • BigBlueSkyBigBlueSky Forumite
    230 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    A family member is currently on the black one paying the £3 per month fee.  They signed up in February 2018.  They haven't had the letter yet, but hoping it will be the cashback one.  I'm assuming all the replacement cards are doing away with the monthly fee ?
  • JulieHanna59JulieHanna59 Forumite
    6 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Anyone know how things stand re getting money back from this credit card when a company who you've made a purchase from using the card goes bump?
  • inspectorperezinspectorperez Forumite
    326 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I've received the letter about the card stopping too. I only really got the card last year to get cashback as most of my fuel is purchased from Asda and we use their online shopping. 
    I'm tempted to let the creation card expire and see what the new Asda card is like. 

Does anyone know what the closed credit card would look like on a credit file? I'm assuming that given the card will no longer be around everything will be ok. 

Like you I'm assuming there will be no effect on credit history. This is the second one this year for me as Amex did the same with Costco!
    I have noticed on my letter that there is a reference L0006 and I can only assume that there are slightly different templates for those who are offered the opportunity of continuing to receive a cashback reward with Creation, and those who aren't. I certainly haven't been offered cashback and it states unequivocally "You will not earn Cashback". I always cleared my balance in full each month and just wondering if that is a factor which they take into account when deciding who gets which letter?
  • older_wiserolder_wiser Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭

Like you I'm assuming there will be no effect on credit history. This is the second one this year for me as Amex did the same with Costco!
    I have noticed on my letter that there is a reference L0006 and I can only assume that there are slightly different templates for those who are offered the opportunity of continuing to receive a cashback reward with Creation, and those who aren't. I certainly haven't been offered cashback and it states unequivocally "You will not earn Cashback". I always cleared my balance in full each month and just wondering if that is a factor which they take into account when deciding who gets which letter?
    If i'm looking at the correct code your refering to mine is L0004 and i'm getting cashback on the new card 
    i did pay interest back in the 2010's but haven't payed a penny since around 2017.
    perhaps it is about the money they expect to make from you i'm  in a total different place now regarding fiances so maybe after a year or so they may reduce or end the cashback rate for us too. 
  • inspectorperezinspectorperez Forumite
    326 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭

If i'm looking at the correct code your refering to mine is L0004 and i'm getting cashback on the new card 
    i did pay interest back in the 2010's but haven't payed a penny since around 2017.
    perhaps it is about the money they expect to make from you i'm  in a total different place now regarding fiances so maybe after a year or so they may reduce or end the cashback rate for us too. 

I think that's got to be it and it would suggest that there are at least 6 different templates.
    Paid my balance off last night, spent the last voucher this morning, and account now closed to avoid a final £3 monthly fee!
  • northwalesdnorthwalesd Forumite
    516 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    My code seems to be L0005.
  • older_wiserolder_wiser Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    My code seems to be L0005.
    what did your letter say ?
  • J_BJ_B Forumite