Onecom

Comments

• ! I seem to have been defrauded by Onecom as/and Vodafone.

Here is my story…

I was aware that someone was calling me many times around the time so I was curious to find out who was calling and answered the call on 4th Dec 2013. I was told that was a sales manager lady from Vodafone.
    (Today I was told that it wasn’t from Vodafone and was from Onecom!!!)

I am a Vodafone customer for 13 years.

The sales lady said that I am VIP customer so I am qualified to get a free hand set and a free contract. Below was what we discussed on the phone.

1. They will give me a free hand set

2. They will give me a 12 months free contract of £10.50.
    (I need to start paying from the 13months if I wanna keep the number, but the contract is 12 month long. So in the theory, its free phone & contract.)

3. I can cancel anytime (“but why don’t you need to cancel? Because it’s completely free!” – this was what the sale lady said!)

4. They would take £21 monthly (£10.50 / my current contract and £10.50 /new contract) from my bank account but Vodafone send £10.50 as cashback to my bank account every month. So they took my bank details.

I asked and the sales woman confirmed that the contract is absolutely free more than 3 times.

Soon after I received new hand set, the contract started. About a month later, I got a bill, and then they took money from my bank but I don't see any cashback. I waited for a week after the payment to see if it would come through, but I don’t get anything. So I called Vodafone UK to find out what is going on.

I talk to a gentleman at their bill department on 191. He said…
    “I can see your contract which offered a free handset but you need to pay £10.50 monthly for 12 months.”
    I really couldn’t believe it.

I asked them to put me through to the complaint department.
    I explained what we discussed with her about the contract at the first place, a lady from the complaint department said that they needed to listen to the initial conversation on their recording, so then they will call me within 3 days. However, they DIDN’T.
    I called them again 5 days later.
    They hadn’t listened to it yet. Another lady said that they would listen to it and promised to give me a call within 5 days.

Yes she kindly did call me today.
    She said, “The person who made an offer wasn’t from Vodafone. She is from a Vodafone Partner Service. That’s why we couldn’t fine the recording.”
    And she told me to call a Vodafone Partner service. It is Onecom.

I called Onecom using a number which she gave me. (033 33 044 550)
    However, it was close. They open only 8am – 6pm on Monday to Friday.

I have to ring on Monday hopefully. See what they say. I hope that I can get what they initially said. However, it seems quite difficult I guess. So many people are victims of this company.

I really have no idea why I need to get involved to this company. I thought that I was having the contract with Vodafone, because I get the bill from Vodafone but my second phone is managed by Onecom. Its so complicated!!!
    I am so stressed and sad. I didn't have any problem with Vodafone for 13 years. Now, after the lady from Onecom rang me, it went all wrong.

Thank you very much for reading this.
    Please give me help and give me tips. It would be appreciated.
    I will keep updating what is happening here.

Thank you.

This is exactly what happened to me a week ago.The only difference is that I haven't opened the phone yet.When I rang them they said that someone will ring me back on MondayI also contacted Vodafone and they just told me that "we can't help you,you need to ring onecom" despite explaining the situation to them.
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Sunday1 wrote: »
    I've had the phone since Wenesday (29/01).I've contacted onecom and they told me that someone will ring me on Monday because the sales department is closed.My concern is this 7 day DSR just in case they don't come back to me.Now I don't know if I should just return the parcel with a cancellation letter by special delivery on Monday morning to the return address that is on the parcel
    The DSR's give 7 working days following the day you took delivery so would mean you have till Friday 7th in which to tell them you wish to cancel ........you don't need to send it back within the 7 days, that can be done within reasonable time.

The fly in the ointment is they will try and enforce it as a continuation rather than a new contract. You can argue the toss about that later should they dispute it ;)
    It's not just about the money
  • Silk wrote: »
    The DSR's give 7 working days following the day you took delivery so would mean you have till Friday 7th in which to tell them you wish to cancel ........you don't need to send it back within the 7 days, that can be done within reasonable time.

The fly in the ointment is they will try and enforce it as a continuation rather than a new contract. You can argue the toss about that later should they dispute it ;)

Thanks for the clarification,I thought I needed to cancel and send it back within 7 days.I'll ring them again today for the return address.There's nothing under the sun they'll say to make me change my mind.I don't need another contract phone and they are liers.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi Sunday1,

Thanks for making me aware of your concerns.

If you're still in need of help with things, could you email me with your details via the link in our profile here?

All you need to do is copy and paste the link into your web browser and it'll take you to the Contact us form on our website. To make sure it reaches me could you also quote the code WRT135 - MSE in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. So I can make sure I've got it could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?
    Hi Sunday1,

I made a new thread with my experience with them.
    The title is: "Onecom / Vodafone potential fraud"
    Please come to join.

Hi avocadoseed,

I'll pick up your thread here in a moment.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Vodafone
    Hi avocadoseed,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

If you'd like any help from me, could you email me with your details via the link in our profile here?

All you need to do is copy and paste the link into your web browser and it'll take you to the Contact us form on our website. To make sure it reaches me could you also quote the code WRT135 - MSE in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. So I can make sure I've got it could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Yesterday, I called Onecom about 17:40. It was closed already.

However, today, just before calling them, I found a surprising fact that Onecom has cashbacked £10.50 into my account in the last day of Jan 2014.
    Why is it that day? No one told me.
    Although Vodafone UK(191) said that I didn't get a cashback offer and my contract provides a free handset but I need to pay for 12 months??

It was so confusing, frustrating and completely waisting of time.
    And it was surprising and strange, I decided not to take any further action at the moment.

I might do something later on but wait and see.

Thanks very much for reading.
  • Hi avocadoseed,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

If you'd like any help from me, could you email me with your details via the link in our profile?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK

Hi Lee,
    I am in a very similar situation to this, so hope you don't mind, but I have contacted you as well, as you advised above for for avocadoseed. I have copied what I sent below to cover all bases!

Hi, I am in an extremely similar situation to this lady at the moment with my fathers phone. He was called by them and given the same pitch, being under the impression he was being called by vodafone. We called vodafone shortly after to clarify what was going on, and were informed it was onecom. they contacted them and asked them to call us back which they did. however, it was not made clear that they would be taking over his account! I am currently being bounced about on the phone being told I would be called back, they are on breaks, they are on calls, etc. We have been with vodafone for around 18 years and had no intention of moving to anyone else. I have always been authorised on his account as he gets very confused dealing with this sort of thing. On my most recent call, I was informed that I had been sent a contract 2 weeks ago, we received the phone a week ago. We still have not received anything in writing from onecom. I hope you can help!
  • Vodafone
    Hi avocadoseed,

Thanks for the update.

If you'd like me to get your concerns addressed further let me know.

tango42,

I've received your email and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK
  • I've sent an email to vodafone and I received an autoreply acknowledging that they've received my email and they'll respond within 48hours.I also sent back the handsets and the cancellation letter to onecom on 03/02.Don't know if they've cancelled it or not because they haven't come back to me
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Sunday1 wrote: »
    I've sent an email to vodafone and I received an autoreply acknowledging that they've received my email and they'll respond within 48hours.
    Lee asked you to post the reference number. If you really need help you should have posted it.
    I bet they won't respond within 48 hours.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback