Disabilty discrimination from Bank of Scotland

Options

Comments

• Spoonie_Turtle
    Options
    If you look at BOS' Twitter account, there are some things able-bodied people can only do in-branch too - if you were truly housebound (completely unable to make any vital appointments) then they'd have to make some provision, such as allowing an appointee to go in on your behalf, but that's basically the in-person version of allowing someone to speak to them on your behalf over the phone.

Alternatively, I don't know why textphone isn't the solution if the issue could normally be sorted over the phone *shrug* 
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

I believe the OP also works so why they can't just go to their bank, i have no idea... There's just no helping some people.
       Ah yes, a number of his lengthy threads were concerned with employment problems (working term time in a school, if I recall). 
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

I believe the OP also works so why they can't just go to their bank, i have no idea... There's just no helping some people.
       Ah yes, a number of his lengthy threads were concerned with employment problems (working term time in a school, if I recall). 
    Not that it has anything to do with you (or this banking issue), but ....... I retired from work in November - due to problems in physically getting from my car to the office - a distance of less than 100 yards !!
  • Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    50Twuncle said:

Not that it has anything to do with you (or this banking issue), but ....... I retired from work in November - due to problems in physically getting from my car to the office - a distance of less than 100 yards !!
    50Twuncle said:
    I have just been to the post office to renew my plastic card driving licence (due for renewal on 2 February
    2020).
    I assume that, since we will have left the EU at this point - my replacement card will come without the EU icon on it ?
    I understand that the only reason that we were forced to dump our faithful old paper licences (20 years ago) was an EU regulation....
    Posted 31st Dec.? Op you have been given various advice from people trying to help. You have basically ignored all? We are now into 6 pages. You could have driven the 20 miles and back to the nearest branch and your self inflicted problem would now be fixed. But you have spent the time on here basically saying its not your fault and playing the disability card. People in similar situations to your self would have this done by now.
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hasbeen said:
    50Twuncle said:

50Twuncle said:
    I have just been to the post office to renew my plastic card driving licence (due for renewal on 2 February
    2020).
    I assume that, since we will have left the EU at this point - my replacement card will come without the EU icon on it ?
    I understand that the only reason that we were forced to dump our faithful old paper licences (20 years ago) was an EU regulation....
     Op you have been given various advice from people trying to help. You have basically ignored all? We are now into 6 pages. You could have driven the 20 miles and back to the nearest branch and your self inflicted problem would now be fixed. 
           Interesting quotes from the OP.

I suppose it's one of the drawbacks of these forums, that it can be difficult to establish if an OP is genuinely seeking informed help, or just trying to kill time.

Many posters (including myself) spent a lot of time and research trying to help the OP about his query on claiming a benefit to maintain NI credits towards his SP, when he was ineligible for means-tested UC and also lacked the NI contribution record to claim New Style ESA. It was quite a complex technical benefits issue, and one the government hadn't given much thought to when introducing UC. 
    It proved to be a complete waste of everyone's time (albeit with farcical highlights). The OP even at one point (I seem to recall) got into an argument about his home printer / printer ink with one forumite who was trying to help him.

There are some forumites on whose threads it is pointless to post informatively. I'm sorry (if like me) your helpful comments have been met with such silliness. 

Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,960 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Makes me wonder how the OP can go to the post office to renew a driving license, yet can't go to the bank to transfer some money from one account to another. The only thing i can see here is mountains made from mole hills.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What has happened to this forum - it has gone from a source of help to a nasty, back biting, points scoring, waste of time.....
    I have a genuine problem with BOS - that is not a simple problem - the bank has MY funds in a locked account and won't even respond to tweets or any email - and the advice from the forum is to drive 20 miles to my nearest Lloyds bank with the vague hope that they can sort out the issue ?
    As for other (TOTALLY IRRELEVANT) comments - such as my ability to visit the post office to deal with my driving licence - YES, My local post office happens to be less than 1/4 mile away from my house (at the end of my road) and I went there on my mobilty scooter !

As for Alice_Holts comments re a printer - do you mean https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/4603897/epson-printer-not-recognising-cartridges ?
    If so - I suggest that you re-read the link properly and aplogise.......

And similarly - Poppy - read your link and tell me, exactly what you are accusing me of ... it was a discussion about renewing driving licences - I had posted the first message and left it at that point !
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6086005/new-driving-licence-card

In any case - what have ANY previous postings got to do with the present issue ?

Incidentally - I had a tweeted response, this morning - from Lloyds bank, who confirm what I was guessing "We may be part of the same banking group, but are unable to assist with any matters relating to BOS" !!
    Which tends to imply that even if I did drive a 40 mile round trip to my nearest branch of Lloyds bank - it would be a waste of time ?

• mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,790 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think its your tone. If this is how you have been contacting Bank of Scotland then I can see why they aren't responding. Regardless of how much a company has annoyed you, sometimes you need to grit your teeth and be extra nice to get them to do what you want them to. If you have a difficult tone with people then business or internet forum, they aren't going to want to help you. 
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,960 Forumite
    Options
    I have nothing to apologise for and neither does Alice or anyone else for that matter.

You don't exactly help yourself. People have gone out of their way to try to help you and with that sort of attitude i'll be very surprised if they continue to give you any further help and advice.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,449 Forumite
    Options
    >> What has happened to this forum - it has gone from a source of help to a nasty, back biting, points scoring, waste of time.....
    I have a genuine problem with BOS - that is not a simple problem - the bank has MY funds in a locked account and won't even respond to tweets or any email - and the advice from the forum is to drive 20 miles to my nearest Lloyds bank with the vague hope that they can sort out the issue ?<<

Well if you don't like the advice, then walk away.
    You have been offered solutions. 
    Best is to call them. If you can't speak, then they offer the text call option. So use that. Is there no family member or support worker that can assist?

While Lloyds say that the branch can't help. What a helpful member of staff can do is mediate for you on the phone to BOS.

A locked account can be a P-I-A even for the able bodied to sort out. As there is no easy way. As you can understand. BOS have to be 100% sure you are the customer. Disabled or not. Even the FCA/FOS will back them on this matter. It is not a matter of 
    discrimination, it is a security matter.
    Life in the slow lane
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport