New Post Advanced Search

Debate House Prices

We’re struggling at the moment with the huge volumes of messages we’re getting from Forumites about coronavirus and the impact it’s having on their finances. We’re a small team and we’re doing our best to manage this spike in demand. As a result, we’ve reluctantly decided to temporarily close the Debate House Prices & the Economy Board so that we can redirect our limited resources to those who need us most at this time.

Please do not post content intended for this board elsewhere in the forum – we appreciate your help and understanding during this exceptionally difficult time. It goes without saying, we hope to get back to full business as soon as possible!

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

The Nice People No. 17

1.1K replies 14.3K views
GDB2222GDB2222 Forumite
16.9K posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭✭
Possible new home for The Nice People in case the main thread gets deleted.

I thought that I had better start decorating. Here's some Sanderson wallpaper to be getting on with:

__auto_tile_39369__156877full.png
No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?

Replies

• edited 2 February at 3:41PM
    zagubovzagubov Forumite
    17.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 February at 3:41PM
    Well done, GDB! :beer::j

Here's the link to the previous threads

Part16, Part15, Part 14, Part 13, Part 12, Part11, Part 10, Part 9, Part 8, Part 7, Part 6, Part 5, Part 4, Part 3, Part 2, and Part 1.
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
  • ukmaggie45ukmaggie45 Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you GDB for stepping in to the breach of in case we get deleted! :T :j :beer:

We're not that far into the New Year yet, so here's my New Years Day dawn photos to encourage you all to join in.

49309003147_bd3718d70c.jpgDawn over the mountains by Maggie, on Flickr

49309018447_203c641947.jpgWren finial at dawn by Maggie, on Flickr

Cyber hugs to you all from Bwlchtocyn! :)
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    43.9K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GDB2222 wrote: »
    Possible new home for The Nice People in case the main thread gets deleted.

Wow, GDB! It must have taken you ages to come up with that intro to the new thread, :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    ;););););)

Seriously, though, is the old one going to be locked now, or is it just waiting and seeing?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).
    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• silvercarsilvercar Forumite, Board Guide
    40.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to wait a day or two, to allow anyone to remove any posts that they don't want saved for posterity and then lock it.

In the mean time, we can post here.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debate House Prices & the Economy, House Buying, Renting & Selling, Mortgages and Endowments, In My Home incl DIY, Overseas Holidays & Student boards.
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    43.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silvercar wrote: »

There is also the possibility of a Russian passport, but until Russia enters the EU that is not very useful.

I'll keep watch for any signs of ice in the Underworld. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).
    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• michaelsmichaels Forumite
    24K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy New NP thread, everyone :j:beer:

And thank you GDB :T
    I think....
  • GDB2222GDB2222 Forumite
    16.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pyxis wrote: »
    Wow, GDB! It must have taken you ages to come up with that intro to the new thread, :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    ;););););)

Seriously, though, is the old one going to be locked now, or is it just waiting and seeing?

Oh, sorry. It's a bit minimalist. I meant it more as a sort of bookmark we could come back to if the other thread is shut down.

Think of it as a work in progress?
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    43.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GDB2222 wrote: »
    Oh, sorry. It's a bit minimalist. I meant it more as a sort of bookmark we could come back to if the other thread is shut down.

Think of it as a work in progress?

I was only pulling your leg! :A :D

Thanks for doing it! :beer:
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• ivyleafivyleaf Forumite
    6.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you GDB :)
  • JazeeJazee Forumite
    6.8K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Subscribed
    Spend less now, work less later.