Talk me down please 2

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,672 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Blimey melly,  there's no stopping you now is there? I'm glad you're getting out and doing things - as long as it's at the pace that's right for you, go you.  
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Melly I've been offline since early June and now back with a new laptop.
    It's a joy to read you're moving forward so rapidly  after the struggles of the last couple of years. I'm glad you are free from that toxic situation but have no words for what he claims to have done. You loved and cared for Froo and Boo andgave them the best life you could feeding them when you couldn't afford to eat yourself. They had a long life in your care so remember the happy times with them.
    The best thing for me is to see the new picture of yourself. The haunted look in your eyes has gone as has the gaunt, troubled face.
    To hear you have your appetite back is wonderful . I feared for you as I used to fear for my dd. The best thing in the world is to free yourself from those damaging coping methods and I can tell you my dd remains free and happy.
    The only way is up now Mel. There's still a legal process but you are free now to move on.
    I'm sure if your lovely dad was still here he would be so proud of his beloved girl.
    I'm sorry I was offline instead of spurring you on but you did it love. Finally you saw the brutal truth and found the courage to get out.
    I worried at times as you dithered and got drawn back at times questioning your own thoughts and perception of the situation.
    I'm proud of you for making the move. There's a new and better life for you and I hope we get to share your journey (laptop permitting in my case)
    Take care love.
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    So proud of you girl!   You have found Mellymoo again xxxx

• mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thank you Thorsoak 
    I am very very lucky to have some fantastic support x
  • mellymoo74
    Today I spoke to shelter and ducked calls from a social worker that weren't for me. 
    I am not responsible for exs care

• thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 August 2020 at 4:47PM
    Well done!  He's trying to suck you back.   You could always message the SW and tell her that you have instigated divorce proceedings on the grounds of mental and physical abuse and tell them not to contact you again.    (have you thought about changing your number?
  • mellymoo74
    Good plan going to text them 
    Also speak to dwp and ensure I m removed as his appointee
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    thorsoak said:
    Well done!  He's trying to suck you back.   You could always message the SW and tell her that you have instigated divorce proceedings on the grounds of mental and physical abuse and tell them not to contact you again.    (have you thought about changing your number?

This Melly make sure every link to him is gone. In your postion I'd be changing your phone, email and other ways he or someone on his behalf can contact you. You can let those you know and trust have the details but he's history love. Leave him behind 100% he's the past and you have a new future ahead.

I've been thinking if you do move up north although things are a bit up in the air during the pandemic GMcr have loads of exciting developments, refurbs and other things in your line of work so a chance of more work once things settle a bit. Were you born in the North? I always thought you were a girl from Brum. Family near would help so much to help you move on in your new life.
    You've been isolated far too long.
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure