Forum Home» Marriage, Relationships & Families

Embracing the new family dynamics and looking forward to the future with optimism - Page 42

New Post Advanced Search

Embracing the new family dynamics and looking forward to the future with optimism

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Marriage, Relationships & Families
1.7K replies 431.5K views

Replies

• Savvy_sewingSavvy_sewing Forumite
    11.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am fine now. Just tired. I had my blood tests taken today so if there is anything that is untoward then I hope that it will show, but I am hoping it's just from stress and nothing else.

I had to get a new phone today as one of my grandchildren decided that it was ok to dribble into the phone ( despite its case), and in the time I had nipped to the loo the damage was done and the screen went along with the fingerprint touch ability. 
    Yesterday I was sitting for Biggest during the morning as she was having a job interview.
    I have been doing a few sewing jobs but not many. Or as many as I should be doing.  I really need to focus.

When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewingSavvy_sewing Forumite
    11.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally finished another waistcoat for one of my gentlemen, I shall hopefully deliver it today to him, but my car is going into the garage this morning after I have done the school run. The bracket under the car that holds the spare wheel is being replaced. Not cheap but I need the tyre out of the back so I can use the back seats and the boot.
    Dgd is not in a good place at the moment, and getting her to school is a constant battle. Yesterday was a very difficult day, and she has also become very rude and cantankerous. I am at my whits end every morning and exasperated by night.
    DS sort of helped yesterday while I did my Wednesday babysitting for Biggests little ones. But my kitchen looked like a bomb had gone off when I got home after the babysitting and meeting my friend for our weekly chat over a meal and a drink, unfortunately I didn't go into the kitchen until after he had gone out to his GFs. 
    I am not thrilled because he had planned to stay out, so it means that I will have to face it this morning!
    social funds have stopped as they change from Fostering to SGO allowance so I am over £600 down in the income bracket at the moment. So I have stopped the automated payment into the childrens saving pots as I cannot go overdrawn in that account and I am now perilously close to empty. So chasing them for the last week to no avail.
    looks like today is going to be a busy and bity day. 
    The boys have been awake for about an hour. So I am all Paw Patroled out. 
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.