Breeze gone.

Options

Comments

• SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 7 April 2020 at 7:45PM
    Options
    Just checked my BG account on the off chance and noticed it's now in credit.  It was £0.00 previously because I'd settled BG's 'final' bill.

Unfortunately my final, final, final BG bill isn't downloadable yet.  Text says 'Unless you're told otherwise, this will be refunded two weeks after your final bill'.

I'm guessing we ex-Breeze customers can expect a cheque soon.
  • Arcoms
    Arcoms Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    My account is also showing a credit for an amount matching the credit balance on my Breeze account. 
    Hopefully the end is in sight!
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have a new bill from BG,  £50.44 credit which is the exact amount I was owed by Breeze Energy.  The statement makes no sense at all. Top of the bill says ``We’re sorry to see you go Your £50.44 refund will be with you within 10 working days``  so assuming I will have to wait for a cheque as they do not have my bank details.
    At long last  :)

• airmac
    airmac Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have a new bill from BG,  £50.44 credit which is the exact amount I was owed by Breeze Energy.  The statement makes no sense at all. Top of the bill says ``We’re sorry to see you go Your £50.44 refund will be with you within 10 working days``  so assuming I will have to wait for a cheque as they do not have my bank details.
    At long last  :)

Same here, I look after two separate energy accounts and both old accounts that I switched from BG are now showing a credit balance that corresponds with the credit balance Breeze had listed against these accounts. Will be interesting to see what happens next? Don’t expect anything to happen quickly by British Gas..... what is more interesting is what on earth the Administrators are doing to wrap up Breeze?
  • GeoffL
    GeoffL Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just received an email from BG to say, "We've added a credit of £xxx.xx to your British Gas account. As this account's been closed, we've issued you a new final bill. This payment will show as 'credit from your last supplier'. The final bill will let you know if you're due a refund - this will be sent to you automatically." FWIW, I'd already paid them for the gas and have an outstanding amount for a month's worth of electricity, which I assume they'll now take from the credit and then either send a cheque for the balance or, if I can get my bank details to them in time, give me my refund via bank transfer.
  • dnpark38
    dnpark38 Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    Yes :-)
    Me too they are going to send me a cheque for £205.27 but it could take them 6 weeks :-(
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I received an email this morning saying there was a new bill- which didn't make sense as my final bill had been paid and the account shows as closed. I didn't look further and assumed it was an automated message.
    Just seen the latest email and logged in, and found the statement- they've called it a replacement statement. It shows my Breeze credit and says it will be refunded in 10 days, but as they never had my bank details, I'm assuming it will be a cheque through the post...

• gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,359 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    dnpark38 said:
    Yes :-)
    Me too they are going to send me a cheque for £205.27 but it could take them 6 weeks :-(
    Strange, they were threatening debt collectors after 1 week when THEY were owed money....
  • Craighoy
    Craighoy Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good to see some people having success - not here though!  My Breeze balance says £167.41 - get a message yesterday saying refund of £23.49 ???   Log in and the statements are chaos.  really cant understand them - I had settled the account.  Cant get in touch with them as its emergencies only.  Really !!!!!! off - knew this would happen
  • icsys
    icsys Posts: 59 Forumite
    edited 9 April 2020 at 11:20PM
    Options
    Yes... got an email stating Breeze credit has been applied to our BG account.
    We are no longer a customer of BG but, thankfully, I held off paying the final bill for as long as possible. Now we have been issued a revised final bill with the correct credit balance deducted.

I'd say that's a result. But why did it take so long?

I hope everyone else has the same success.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback