Virgin Money Current Account

Options

Comments

• NJA22
    NJA22 Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Recieved the Wine promo code today. The switch went through on 25th Nov. The switching process was done over the phone (a first for me).
  • Herbalus
    Herbalus Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    clivep said:
    Herbalus said:
    Interesting! I applied on 13th Nov but set my switch a little later so that completed on the 27th only last Friday. Suggests I may have a week or so to go.

Switches for our a/cs completed on 1st December (earliest date from a/c opening on 21st November). Tfr £1,000 to savings a/c 1st Dec. Both vouchers just received.

Enjoy! Mine just come through now.
  • oxfordowl1
    Options
    NJA22 said:
    Recieved the Wine promo code today. The switch went through on 25th Nov. The switching process was done over the phone (a first for me).
    My switch completed yesterday and I got the code today. As an aside, I did not do the switch as part of the application, but a couple of days later.
  • goatfaced
    goatfaced Posts: 176 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I don't recall being asked for switching details when I applied. If I just do the switch now will I get the wine?
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,697 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    goatfaced said:
    I don't recall being asked for switching details when I applied. If I just do the switch now will I get the wine?
    Assuming you meet all the other conditions, then yes, you should do.
    Terms of the offer are here:  https://uk.virginmoney.com/current-accounts/brighter-money-bundle#terms-and-conditions
  • goatfaced
    goatfaced Posts: 176 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I asked on livechat and they said I have to phone to make the switch. They are only open weekdays. Fingers crossed :) 
  • gozaimasu
    Options
    I applied on 18/11 and they still haven't got back to me! For some reason the automatic credit check failed so they had to check manually. Shouldn't really take 3 weeks though! Tried to chase them by phone which sent me to a webchat which was for savings only, was like trying to get blood out of a stone getting to the right place. Finally got through on the phone and was told that there was a "technical issue" with the credit check but they'd get back to me "as soon as possible".
    Only chasing because I want the wine!
  • Brewer20
    Brewer20 Posts: 395 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 December 2020 at 1:26PM
    Options
    I have opened an account today, it's up and running all looks good and ready to receive funds, got my account/sort codes etc I've logged in all set.
    Now when I go to my current bank to send funds (a small amount first)  it warns me that they cannot verify details of VM account as they don't offer this service. It goes on to say if you want to continue make details are correct or monies could be lost blah blah.
    So I don't know if it's too soon or is there a problem. Btw my account I'm sending funds from is my FD account (current)
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Brewer20 said:
    I have opened an account today, it's up and running all looks good and ready to receive funds, got my account/sort codes etc I've logged in all set.
    Now when I go to my current bank to send funds (a small amount first)  it warns me that they cannot verify details of VM account as they don't offer this service. It goes on to say if you want to continue make details are correct or monies could be lost blah blah.
    So I don't know if it's too soon or is there a problem. Btw my account I'm sending funds from is my FD account (current)
    Not all banks offer confirmation of payee. As long as you double check the account number you can proceed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback