Virgin Money Current Account

Options

Comments

• AbundantBudget
    AbundantBudget Posts: 105 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 February 2021 at 4:43PM
    Options
    @vacheron, @myth123 Nice to know, seems to be very quick. My switch is tomorrow, £1,000 is already in the saving account, hopefully by the end of the week will receive wine code
    # 365 Day Penny Challenge 2021 £111.84/£667.95, # Virtual Sealed Pot 14 £7.56/£200, # Saving for Xmas 2021 £1 a day: £82/£365, # 1 debt vs 100 days £1,240/£1,240, 1 debt vs 100 days £1,000/£1,000,1 debt vs 100 days £0/£3,540,#80 Pay all debt by Xmas 2021: £2,555/£11,295.00
  • wiseonesomeofthetime
    Options
    Costabit said:

This was the first of many unresolvable issue with me 
    You will have to login with your original B customer number if you still have it somewhere and then take it from there.
    Bon chance

Eventually got through to helpful CS advisor who gave me my customer number. However, as I had no clue as to my B account password or telephone banking details from several years ago, I spent 20 minutes on phone with them, applying for and successfully opening the account.

I'll restore online access once my debit card arrives.
  • myth123
    myth123 Posts: 388 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 9 February 2021 at 9:51AM
    Options
    When redeeming the wine code, did anybody get a confirmation email or anything like that? Or did the wine just turn up a few days later?

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't get anything when I submitted the code/order but as I submitted this I received an update from DHL about the delivery!
  • vacheron
    vacheron Posts: 1,616 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    myth123 said:
    When redeeming the wine code, did anybody get a confirmation email or anything like that? Or did the wine just turn up a few days later?

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't get anything when I submitted the code/order but as I submitted this I received an update from DHL about the delivery!
    Same here. No email confirmation until the " we have got your order" mesage from DHL.
    • The rich buy assets.
    • The poor only have expenses.
    • The middle class buy liabilities they think are assets.
    Robert T. Kiyosaki
  • wiseonesomeofthetime
    wiseonesomeofthetime Posts: 2,102 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 9 February 2021 at 10:18PM
    Options
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts/#virginswitch

If not mentioned previously, latest newsletter states Wine promotion finishes this Sunday.
  • supermonkey
    Options
    Thinking of doing the Switch to get the Wines offer, but obviously running out of time.
    The eligibility criteria seems to indicate that you can't get the offer if you have a current account with the group.
    I have a Clydesdale Business account, not sure if that applies, or it only means personal current accounts.
    Long shot, but wondering if anyone has done similar?

• ryan92
    ryan92 Posts: 587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Clydesdale/Yorkshire Bank's Signature Current account is due to be rebranded to a Virgin Money Club M account.
    £14.95 and has the usual breakdown cover, mobile and gadget cover for the family and Travel Insurance.
    Terms on the Clydesdale website show the new terms are applicable from the 17th February.

Not sure if this is the launch date for new customers or just simply when the account coverts for existing customers.
    https://secure.cbonline.co.uk/personal/current-accounts/signature-current-account-personal/
    Currently in a Trust Deed 43 payments until DEBT FREE - February 2027
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,668 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We've applied for the account but for some reason they're requesting more information. Does anyone know when the terms says "submit application before 14th Feb" whether this covers applications made but still waiting additional verification? I noticed that others have had the same issue, what happened previously for the timescales?
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • Davidnotmark
    Options
    not sure if anyone is online now but saw that its ending tonight at midnight and tempted. it says that you need to transfer 2 direct debits - normally bank switching offers are two standing orders - in this case will SO count or does it have to be dd?
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 February 2021 at 12:21AM
    Options
    not sure if anyone is online now but saw that its ending tonight at midnight and tempted. it says that you need to transfer 2 direct debits - normally bank switching offers are two standing orders - in this case will SO count or does it have to be dd?
    There is no 'normal' requirement when switching. The switch terms are always specific to the offer in hand. The current Virgin switch offer terms are here: https://uk.virginmoney.com/current-accounts/brighter-money-bundle#terms-and-conditions. As SOs are not mentioned, you can be certain that SOs won't count.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback