Virgin Money Current Account

Options

Comments

• trickydicky14
    Options
    VXman said:
    pphillips said:
    The Virgin Red app is now offering 15,000 points as an alternative switching incentive. You don't have to spend your points on wine, one alternative would be 75 sausage rolls from Greggs:

https://www.virgin.com/virgin-red/spend-virgin-points
    How annoying. I think I'd have preferred the Sausage rolls to the wine
    Me to, I don't even drink so have 15 bottles sat in the porch waiting for a home.
    And I love sausage rolls.
    I choose the rooms that I live in with care,
    The windows are small and the walls almost bare,
    There's only one bed and there's only one prayer;
    I listen all night for your step on the stair.
  • goatfaced
    Options
    I think you can get a couple of sausage rolls as a sign up bonus for setting up the virgin red account. I got 500 points, and it's 200 for a sausage roll 😁 there was also a bonus for exchanging Tesco clubcard points into virgin points for the first time, not sure if that offer is still on but it may be worth looking at. It's a replacement for the air miles thing. There are also sausage rolls for switching energy to octopus although cashback might be better than that one, I'm going to look at it tomorrow.
  • trickydicky14
    Options
    goatfaced said:
    I think you can get a couple of sausage rolls as a sign up bonus for setting up the virgin red account. I got 500 points, and it's 200 for a sausage roll 😁 there was also a bonus for exchanging Tesco clubcard points into virgin points for the first time, not sure if that offer is still on but it may be worth looking at. It's a replacement for the air miles thing. There are also sausage rolls for switching energy to octopus although cashback might be better than that one, I'm going to look at it tomorrow.

All sounds good but unfortunately man cannot live on sausage rolls alone.

What’s the chances of Greggs sausage rolls becoming the new bitcoin?

I choose the rooms that I live in with care,
    The windows are small and the walls almost bare,
    There's only one bed and there's only one prayer;
    I listen all night for your step on the stair.
  • Lightning360
    Options
    It seems people will be able to apply for the Club M account from March. The page is up for existing customers (those who had Yorkshire/Clydesdale Signature accounts).
    Club M Account | Virgin Money UK
  • crumpet_man
    Options
    Apologies if this has been covered before, right this minute the Virgin bank App is not working for me so I thought I'd try and login to online banking via a web browser.  However, it then prompts me to verify the login attempt by using the mobile app, which fails to start.  My wife has the same account but has not installed the mobile app and when logging into online banking get a OTP sent to her mobile phone.  Is there not a option for OTP as a backup for when mobile app is not working?
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Apologies if this has been covered before, right this minute the Virgin bank App is not working for me so I thought I'd try and login to online banking via a web browser.  However, it then prompts me to verify the login attempt by using the mobile app, which fails to start.  My wife has the same account but has not installed the mobile app and when logging into online banking get a OTP sent to her mobile phone.  Is there not a option for OTP as a backup for when mobile app is not working?
    No there isn't. The only way to use your account again without the app is if the app gets de-registered. You can do this when you are logged in - but if you can't log in, you'd have to ask CS to do it for you. 

What's the problem with your app, btw? Mine's working fine just now.
  • Costabit
    Costabit Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    This is all sounding very familiar. Neither me nor OH have been able to open these current accounts, and this was just one of the IT issues we encountered.
    I have had to give it up but have to admit, I am slightly jealous of those who have opened multiple accounts .
  • crumpet_man
    Options
    I can't take a screenshot but it is something like "error, cannot connect, check your internet connection"
    I am using the same internet connection to use MSE so not sure why the Virgin Money app is not working.
  • colsten
    Options
    I can't take a screenshot but it is something like "error, cannot connect, check your internet connection"
    I am using the same internet connection to use MSE so not sure why the Virgin Money app is not working.
    Can you get to the internet on your phone, with a browser? Have you tried rebooting your phone?
  • colsten
    Options
    Costabit said:
    This is all sounding very familiar. Neither me nor OH have been able to open these current accounts, and this was just one of the IT issues we encountered.
    I have had to give it up but have to admit, I am slightly jealous of those who have opened multiple accounts .
    How can you have an issue with the app if you haven't yet got an account? 

If you describe exactly what you are trying to do, on what platform, and what error you get, someone here may be able to help
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback