TSB Classic Plus for new members + Quidco Cashback = Free £95

Options

Comments

• fenwick458
    fenwick458 Posts: 1,522 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    2, one classic and one classic plus, per name
    1st one never tracked, put a claim in, claim got declined, then showed as tracked but with no expected date
    2nd one tracked ok and shows extimated payment as 15th of may which seems longer than it should be but as long as I get it...

as it happens, today I opened another 2 accounts for my friend(in his name) but using my PC, and another 2 £50 tracked cashabacks have appeared on quidco?
    didn't click through from quidco site, just went straight to tsb home page
  • ST-User
    ST-User Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you very much!

We'll apply for a couple of accounts then, let's see how many of them will be accepted by Quidco :-)
  • fenwick458
    Options
    MDMD wrote: »

So I’ll leave it to them to either close my second account, or (more probably) stop paying interest on all Plus accounts.

I have had 2 classic plus accounts with £1500 in each for years (3-4?)
    and I noticed even the new ones I open up I get the interest too. anybody else had this?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    fenwick458 wrote: »
    I have had 2 classic plus accounts with £1500 in each for years (3-4?)
    and I noticed even the new ones I open up I get the interest too. anybody else had this?
    Yes, but they choose not to discuss (too much) on an open forum. That way they might get to keep them a little longer.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Arrrrgh. :mad:
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ed-1 wrote: »
    These things usually mean calendar months and normally start from the month after opening.

But it is unclear (as usual). I see TSB are on their usual form with their RAF offer too. On the homepage it says they've upped the offer to share £200 but when you click it still shows it at £75!

They are also withdrawing this offer from March onwards (is that the £100 offer and going back to £75, or the entire RAF offer?). I wonder whether this date will coincide with the withdrawal of the Classic and Plus accounts too?

Screenshot-20191229-212253-Chrome.jpg

This offer is now live. There's also a TV ad with it on.
  • keiran
    keiran Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can this new TSB £100 switch deal be combined with the £50 quidco cashback deal?
  • ST-User
    ST-User Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    All done :-)
    £500 transferred from external bank account, just to make sure. Does anybody know what exactly counts as a 'transaction' in order to qualify to the cashback?
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,104 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    keiran wrote: »
    Can this new TSB £100 switch deal be combined with the £50 quidco cashback deal?

1.5 You must not already have a current account with TSB at the time of referral. 1.6 You must not have previously received an incentive for switching an account to TSB.
  • fenwick458
    Options
    keiran wrote: »

as already stated, technicaly no, but last year I referred 4 friends at the same time, and only got 3 bonus payments a month later. had a look into it and it turned out the 4th friend forgot to mention they already had a tsb account! but then a month later he texted me to say he had just receive the bonus, and I checked and I had it too....maybe thats just another example of TSB getting it wrong and we were lucky
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback