NST September - A Simple September - Page 8

New Post Advanced Search

NST September - A Simple September

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
358 replies 26.5K views

Replies

• SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.5K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a NSD today - had to pick up some micro rice to go with my homemade chilli I batch cooked a while ago, and took out to defrost for lunch today.

Picked up some wrapping paper for OH's birthday presents whilst I was there as it was already not a NSD,

Simplicity last night was having my feet up on the sofa with tea and biscuits lol!

Well done all of you on your NSD's so far :D
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    Dolly! You have made the weekly email!

I'm really pleased about that, thanks f0xh0les.

Yesterday I took 2 large bags of DS's clothes to the CS, they are all really nice and you don't see a lot of teenage size clothing so I hope they sell well, there was also a large bag of socks and pj's etc for rag.

Took the kids out yesterday, had a sandwich by the river with the ducks and a wander around town, I did spend but not hugely, I did buy some bits in the charity shops and was mercilessly bullied by my children. DD has been shortlisted for the job she went for along with two others, she is going in for an hours trial on Saturday and then they will decide.

Washing is out on the line, I've been cycling and am now going to set a 1 hour timer on my phone and make chana masala for tea then charge around the house cleaning.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 18/66
  • dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Count me in

Sally

Welcome. Have given you a number.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 18/66
  • edited 4 September 2019 at 2:30PM
    Calling14Calling14 Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 4 September 2019 at 2:30PM
    Congratulations Doly on the weekly email

Day 4 and it is finally here a NSD first one but it wont be the last.

Had a operation deep clean last night on my kitchen, still few more cupboards to get through. Electrical items ready for council collection tomorrow, might find few bband routers and throw them in as well.

Charity bag collection Friday - will start on that tonight after done a brisk walk. New joggers tad tight on waistband but not going up a size. eek.

Grateful for
    Cosy office to myself, listening to some nice tunes.
    No rain so far
    Think I may have found a plumber.

Nothing much else to report.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now Jan 2020 [COLOR=Blue£2270/£2600

[/COLOR][/COLOR]PAYDBX 2020 #16 £2270/£2600 EFund #9 £60/£1,000
    Mortgage free Oct 2019:)

• Toni'sfriendToni'sfriend Forumite
    2.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    NSD No 3

Himself has gone out to meet his friends today (soft drinks only, he says) so I've had a day of proper cleaning. Living room and bedroom are looking very spruce. Also managed to get rid of a pile of magazines and some broken bits of wood, etc to the bin before he finds out. Gets collected tomorrow. Honestly even the magazines wouldn't have been any good to anyone as they were so old.

Downloaded some free kindle books to take on holiday and I've added some books for Himself to my wish list. Will buy them one at a time for that day in December that we're not mentioning yet. We're not mentioning it, are we?

Had the remainder of soup for my lunch and having a different kind from the freezer for dinner. I like soup!!!

Well done on the mention in the email, Dolly
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • XSpenderXSpender Forumite
    3.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    First NSD achieved! I did request a part on back order from 1 company and order it for 24p cheaper from another, hope that hasn't ruined my NSD!

Also picked up a £50 deposit for DH and claimed £8.85 from TCB.

I forgot DH is late in tonight. Why his company's HR expect managers to do interviews after work I don't know?:mad: I was going to make SW pasties but have decided to do simple sausage and chips instead.

Load of washing done and finally moved the cases from the dining room upstairs, 1 step closer to the loft!
    PAYDBX 2020 £6,339.44/£10,000 63.4%
    Target CC - £0/£1030 SIF by Nov 2020
    Target Loan - £0/£493.43 by Nov 2020
    Big Emergency Fund Part 1 - 52%

Days since CC used - Christmas Eve 2019 - 189 (7 in 2019 + 2020)
  • Evening all. If I am not to late could I tag along with you all please, not been on MSE for about two years but feel I need grounding and always found reading this thread inspirational. My 30 year old son has got his self in a hell of a mess financially so I need to dig deep to help him out and can do that by reigning things in, using what we have and enjoying our home and family instead of chasing the next occasion or trend. Thanks for reading if you got this far lol :D
    NST October #24.
    NSD 16/20
    £125/£150 Family Budget..
  • mothernerdmothernerd Forumite
    3.5K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    A SFD for me. Went downstairs at about 1 0'clock to make some food (had crispbread for breakfast as no-one else was awake and I wasn't ready for the stairs). Brought the emptied bin in, took a book back to the library, brought 4 back, took small handfuls of rubbish to the bins.

Dishwasher needs emptying so I can fill it again. Took 'everything I needed' (that would fit in the new small rucksack) as I intended waiting for the food delivery. Food came, dumped it into a succession of bags for life and tossed the packs of toilet rolls onto the couch. Put away the freezer stuff and decided that was it. Brought a 2l of decaff coke and a lemon yoghurt back with me (have nearly 2l of tap water already).

Have been down since. As it's been raining on and off all day I took coat hangers down and hung up all my long dresses from over the door hooks so they will dry (and I will have something to wear).

Walking slightly better but trying to keep weight off the left leg . Today I am grateful for DS3's walking cane, for taking things slowly (yummy yoghurt) and for time to think - need to slow things down and then proceed with care.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST Feb No 6 No Debt No mortgage
  • apple_muncherapple_muncher Forumite
    10.6K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I am grateful for my waterproof, for working with some great people, for chats with pupils, for my lessons going well, for dd having an awesome 1st day at sec sch, for getting out and walking a bit, for working out how to needlefelt a santa, for the possibility of a little extra work.

Hello Justforme! This is the right place for simplifying things and living more cheaply. Welcome.
    NST June; NSD 10; Ex 15; bagfuls (53)

Mortgage £500? ish (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143; 01/19: 18.275) MFWDate: very soonish