» »

NST September - A Simple September - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

NST September - A Simple September

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
358 replies 26.4K views

Replies

• Toni'sfriendToni'sfriend
    2.5K posts
    Forumite
    1000 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    NSD No 2

Did what I could of the Boy's ironing. Some things not dry yet so I'll finish it tomorrow. How can one boy have so many tee shirts?

Sausage casserole in the slow cooker for dinner and soup made for tomorrow's lunch to use up some of the huge bag of carrots we bought last week.

Himself has been watching some of the many. many old Ealing comedies that he has recorded and are taking up space on the TIVO box. I've been busy and the only thing I'm going to watch is Downton. Well, you have to, don't you.

Still no alcohol.

Misstara - I was wondering where you were. I hope you're feeling better and recovering well.

Calling - £12 isn't expensive for a dress and if if makes you feel great when you wear it I'd say it's well worth the money.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • ponypalponypal
    259 posts
    Forumite
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭
    Hello all. Yesterday was okay. I managed a 15 minute yoga video on Youtube, but besides that was quite depressed. Did get out to see a band play that I had booked back in March, glad I went.
    Today I was on a long megabus journey, I am off work this week and catsitting for a few days. Making the most of free accommodation in another city and trying to build rest in and catch up with old friends from uni. Probably not going to do any No Spend Days until the weekend but I have done my budget and have an allowance for my time here so I can justify eating out etc.
    Debt Free since December 2017
  • dolly84dolly84
    5.1K posts
    Forumite
    5000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    misstara - sorry you have been ill but glad to hear you are on the mend.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 12/66
  • dolly84dolly84
    5.1K posts
    Forumite
    5000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ooh I forgot to mention I sold something today that I advertised on a local neighbourhood site in January. A guy picked it up this afternoon and I now have £15 to go in my sealed pot.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 12/66
  • apple_muncherapple_muncher
    10K posts
    Forumite
    5000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    misstara wrote: »
    Can I please join for September?

Sorry I've not posted for quite some time. I unfortunately was very ill resulting in a long hospital stay and operation. I'm back staying with my parents to rest and recover so September will be a very simple month for me - lots of books, rest, short walks to build up my strength, etc.

Hope your recovery is swift and smooth. Good to hear from you again :D.
    NST Feb flapper #9; NSD 9/15; Ex 6/21; remove items 102; 0 bagfuls (51)

Mortgage £3,000? ish (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143; 01/19: 18.275) MFWDate: soonish
  • SSDD23SSDD23
    2.1K posts
    Forumite
    1000 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whelp - two days in and I have had to catch up on three pages :rotfl:

Spendy over the weekend for some birthday gifts, have one more to purchase mid-month and will have to pay the postage for one with a card to my brother (getting delivered to me, then sending on) on Wednesday, so should manage a NSD tomorrow.

Tonight I am going to do what I have been putting off for absolutely no reason - making a Chicken Dansak curry (enough to portion up for later meals). I don't know why, I think weirdly sometimes I put off doing things in case they go well?! :rotfl: for example, I bought a water flosser as I really, really hate using Tepe brushes or floss, all it can do is help my gums... but I'm yet to force myself to use it :rotfl: weird, eh?

Got Mount Ironing to tackle tonight, and prepping some lunches for myself for the rest of the week so that's one less thing to remember to do...

Hope everyone is well... xxx
    Bad Debts Busted: 10/10
    NSD Target: 5/15
    VSP #12 £30.35
  • apple_muncherapple_muncher
    10K posts
    Forumite
    5000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today I am grateful for having a car, for a good day at work, for catching up with the pupils, for getting more tidying up done, for helpful colleagues, for dd and dh having a good day together, for fhe library, for dusting off the wii for a play.
    NST Feb flapper #9; NSD 9/15; Ex 6/21; remove items 102; 0 bagfuls (51)

Mortgage £3,000? ish (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143; 01/19: 18.275) MFWDate: soonish
  • crazy_cat_ladycrazy_cat_lady
    6.2K posts
    Forumite
    5000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello :hello:
    I've got my first 2 nsd's of the month in the bag - told you it had to be a tight one. I got the planned quiet day at my mam's yesterday then I've been back at work today.
    Nothing much to report - the first day back at work is always an exhausting shocker. So I'm very tired tonight. DS back tomorrow and dd on Wednesday. Good news is that I get fed for free on the days no kids come into school, and when I got home tonight my kids had made dinner :j:j:j
    Nothing else to report - just checking in and plodding on.
    Nice to see you back misstara - hope that you're recovering well.
    NST February #10
    Pay all your debt off by 2020 #56 £1355.73/£10000 :scream:
    1% challenge #14 (£8.30) = £94.14 11.4%
  • I've only gone and done it .... a nsd. Here's to a few more x
    Was an 2019 early retirement wannabe now 2020 :rotfl:
    Save £12K in 2019 no 94
    All this saving l'm turning into my Dad :rotfl:
  • DawnWDawnW
    6.1K posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 5000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can I join this month please? I normally sit on the sidelines cheering you all on, but always read every post. Love the simple theme for this month - thank you Dolly!
    I have managed 2 / 2 NSDs so far, but will need to do a shop tomorrow.