Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt-free Wannabe Challenges

NST September - A Simple September - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

NST September - A Simple September

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
358 replies 27K views

Replies

• crazy_cat_ladycrazy_cat_lady Forumite
    6.8K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all :wave:
    I feel almost refreshed and raring to go. I even feel reasonably relaxed about work - must remember that at 6.30 in the morning.
    Simple September starts here. Now the long run to the end of the year.
    Hoping for a nsd to start the month. I'm visiting my mam later and then just prepping to go back to school...
    NST January #24 NSD = 10
    Working hard to pay off my debt
    Time to take back control
  • ponypalponypal Forumite
    372 posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    I am back in for September... took a few months off. Want to aim to check in every day :)
    Debt Free since December 2017
    #11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £5200.00/£6,000.00
  • Toni'sfriendToni'sfriend Forumite
    3.1K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    Simple September. Just what I need.

Budget done.

Plans for the month (going away on 27 September)

Lots of NSDs or at least spend as little as possible
    Declutter - House needs a real good tidy and clean. I'm sure there are lots of things that can be used by someone or can go to the charity shop
    Declutter freezer and store cupboards - Must make a big dent in them before the holidays
    Declutter a few personal pounds (stones actually) - This is proving difficult.
    Avoid alcohol - Himself (especially) and I have been doing not too badly with this so really want to keep it up.
    Read instead of watching TV unless it's something I want to watch and not endless reruns of Poirot
    Walk - Don't know why that is proving such an effort to keep up
    Keep trying to grow herb and plants in pots.

That will do to be going on with.

Have a nice Sunday
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • On annual leave this week so I’ve written a list of what I need to do... mainly sorting and decluttering... I’m going to list some things on the for sale sites and take the rest to the recycling centre
    I defrosted my freezer yesterday so that I can start batch cooking etc
    Really need minimal spend this month as the summer holidays have really set me back
    Aiming for some serious no spend days and the rest low spend!
    Good luck everyone x
    Stepchange dmp £6350
    Debt free date jul 2021

Emergency fund needs refuelling!

Aiming for a debt free stress free life with some money in the bank!
  • KarmacatKarmacat Forumite
    35.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had to keep it extra simple this month: can't go away, the journey's too much, so instead I'll be finishing off getting well, and doing the things I hoped to do in August - getting the garden in order, and cleaning the house (did part of the living room yesterday, it was unbearable, oh my word!).

Gratitudes: I still have options, no matter what things are like. That's something I'm extremely grateful for.
    Downsized and paid off mortgage 2010
    Retired August 2016
    Paid off French mortgage September 2018
    New kitchen fully installed June 2019
    Not counting this! 2020
    Garden fencing completed, woohoo 2021
  • mothernerdmothernerd Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not panicking. Deliberately, determinedly NOT panicking.

Slightly better than yesterday. I could stand up for long enough to brush my teeth but when I went to shower I got distracted and ran out of energy before I could move me stool across to the bath.

Beloved has just brought me a 2l bottle of tap water and a tin of mandarin oranges (they have the pull off top). Earlier she was playing a game and had the VR headset on so wouldn't have seen or heard me. DS3 has just wakened (I keep waylaying people when they come to use the bathroom). My back up position was to order some food online and let them wake him up when they knocked (sorry dolly). That's sorry for thinking about it, did not do it.

Not even attempting the stairs yet but the not panicking is about getting downstairs and getting to mum's tomorrow. Taking it one step at a time. This is crisis level - basic level functioning and mobility.
    Food, Clothes, Bills.
    Today, Rest of the week, rest of the month.

Just keep breathing.

I have phoned mum's cousin to tell her we were away when she called with mum's birthday card. As expected my credit ran out whilst we were talking. Topped up and then it said it needed it's battery charging (charger is still in the case downstairs with the pile of 'bring it up sometime' items (including my toothpaste and no spare in the bathroom - I have a toothbrush, which I have been using).

So calm and collected. Will make a list of items for DS3 to bring up (last time I let him go shopping he came back with three new t-shirts for him and without half the things on the list).

I have food, even if it means asking one of them to put something in the oven. I can order a food delivery for later in the week (might even give the local veg box people a go). I can go to the SM tomorrow by taxi, then on to mum's (taxi), put together a home delivery order with her, go to my appointment (taxi), then home (taxi). That just leaves the getting down the stairs problem - will do more stretches today and may need help from DS3. If all else fails I'll have to make arrangements for someone else to do mum's shopping.

Sorted.

Still breathing. DS3 has brought the nearly empty suitcase. Charger is plugged in. I can brush my teeth and have a sit down shower (not necessarily in the same trip). Given him two more jobs to do - meter readings and getting measurements for his jeans.

Will do rubbish gathering, pill sorting and meal planning later + tidying.

Today I am grateful for being able to move (could be so much worse), for water, for not having any pain (and I now have the heat spray and ibruprofen gel), for u tube, for books (including a brand new shiny one - such an indulgence) and for problem solving and logic.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST Feb No 6 No Debt No mortgage
  • dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    No money spent today. Long walk with the dog, dried the washing outside, DH painted the fence and I sorted out my strawberry plants - better late than never. Also popped over to the graveyard with DS for some blackberries.

Sorted out DS's wardrobe and bagged up all the clothes he has grown out of for donation/ragging. A few bits are going on ebay this evening.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 32/66
  • apple_muncherapple_muncher Forumite
    11.4K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love starting the month with an NSD! We got fed lunch after church as they did a bbq for everyone, so we just had egg and chips for tea. Yum!

Today I am grateful for persuading dh to part with some footwear that is too big for him, for a free lunch, for catching up with some friends, for a dry day, for fresh rasps, for making it to the end of my workout (the 'new and improved' version of zwow #3 means it's sooo much harder!), for the neighbours being out all day, for the magic of wonderweb.
    NST Jan Jitterbugger#1; NSD16 ; Ex26 ; bagfuls (62)

Mortgage £386 ish (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143; 01/19: 18.275) MFWDate: very soonish
  • PheoniXPheoniX Forumite
    247 posts
    Leisurely day today, stayed indoors for most of it apart from a short walk up to little tesc to look for decaf Yorkshire tea on offer for £2 but wasn't in stock. Good start there with a no spend day.

Caught up with the hoovering and washing then declutteted the bathroom cabinet.. so many soaps, gels, potions and creams, I doubt I'll be needing any toiletries for a long time. Did my budgets and wrote a shopping list while browsing mysoupermarket for bargains. Me and puss played for a while, he loves dribbling ping pong balls around the flat and playing chase the lace - a long lace tied attached to my back on a belt, which he runs after and allows me to do my chores! We then we had an afternoon nap on the sofa listening to the church bells :D
    :D Ninja Saving Turtle :D
    SFD 1 Food 0 Fuel 0 Fun 0 Misc 0
  • edited 1 September 2019 at 8:33PM
    greentgreent Forumite
    9.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 September 2019 at 8:33PM
    NSD 0 - Shopped at Tesc0 today - sadly, not all items for school packed lunches were in stock, so another trip is needed tomorrow.... £20.61 spent. Also bought 3 x n07 items in B00ts on a 3 for 2 and then £10 off + £12.50+ worth of points added to my card - result!:j (all face cream related, so now have stock for rest of year and probably up to my birthday :)

Small OP made to mtge.

New-to-us shed fitted out with free shelving and some items moved into it from garage. Tomatoes, apples, pears, carrots and courgettes harvested from garden :) Compost from carrot pots added back into compost bin.

Unwanted shorts transferred from DS1's wardrobe to DS2's. Torn shorts of DS2's added to recycling rag-bag. 1 item added to shoebox appeal bag. Pile of paperwork shredded or recycled, as required.

DD has gone back to uni flat this week for training/ induction for her job - sent her off with a large bag of food from stores :)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2021 £0/£500 Decluttering 2021: 70/1000