NST: August Adventures

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Another one wishing you well for tomorrow, mothernerd. Hope the travels all go smoothly.

Today I am grateful for lovely people who work in ch shops, for getting 3 bags to the sally army and a box of books to Oxfam, for finding a parking slot for 30mins by the ch shops so dropping off stuff was quick and easy, for liddle now doing 85% choc with all the packaging being recyclable (previously they 'only' did 81%, and aldee's 85% bars had non-recyclable wrappers), for finishing my extra work by lunchtime, for dd having a fantastic playdate, for successfully felting a polar bear using a picture as a guide, for a day with hardly any telly, for not getting more than damp when out.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Lots of love to you Mothernerd - you never stop, and you work so hard. I'm not surprised it all gets a bit much sometimes. I hope tomorrow and the next few days goes as well as these things can.
    I have bagged a nsd :j These are rare indeed in August. In fact I have had a pyjama day of relaxation, which has been brilliant. However, I didn't do nothing... I have crossed a multitude of frogs off my long list today including changing my gas and electric tariff, chasing up child maintenance (again), emailing Dog the Bounty Hunter, registering my c0sta card, washing bedding, making appointments with the vet for annual check up as well as a bit of crochet and watching tv. I feel like I've been quite productive for not having actually gotten dressed :rotfl: This won't continue tomorrow as the vet appointments arrive. Followed by grocery shopping for the week ahead. I was only there on Saturday but my kids had 'forgotten' to put their essentials on the list (ketchup etc) so I don't think I can put that off another day.
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all:j

Still feeling a bit 'odd' as I'm on my own here, normally there's always someone wanting something doing…..anyhow, I did not go out & spend anything so an NSD for me today and hopefully for the next couple of days as well.

Did a few household chores such as washing (always a bit dodgy here). I maintain I keep fit here by running up the garden to get the washing in. It actually threw it down just after I pegged it out so I didn't bother. And by this evening it had pretty much dried, up on this windy hill.

Also did some of the windows, these are little panes so take forever to clean inside & out. Plenty more to do.

Did get out into the garden & am attacking the enormous yuccas, taking a lot of the dead stuff off so that the plants can breathe.
    At least the rabbits don't eat it, or geraniums I have discovered..

All food from stores, finished one bag of YS stir fry, this time with the addition of salmon, very nice & quick to prep.

No sign of the stray cat tonight.

I hope your journey goes well mothernerd & is not too stressful. If you have only yourself to think about for a change, it may be an adventure.

Checking in as often as possible: Hello turtles!!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thank you all. I turned the laptop off at 8.15 last night and went to sleep at 9.30. At the moment I'm telling myself I will be fine once I'm on the move and 'packing' as I go along - taken my pills so gathered the packets I need, brushed my teeth so they can go in the 'toiletries' bag (it's the one the suncream came in).

Easing slowly into the day. Just keep plodding. Will go and shower (if i wash my hair I don't need to take shampoo) and then make sure I've got any accommodation details I need from the numerous e-mails I've been sent.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Deni_debt-free_dreamer
    Options
    Morning everyone

good luck on your travels mothernerd.
    CCL you sound very efficient & organised and your pyjama day sounds lovely :)

It was a grey rainy day yesterday but I went for coffee with sister #2 and then we plus niece plus sister#1 and DD1 went to the cinema to see Toy Story 4 - loved it! Then sis #2 invited us back for tea. Spent a bit on cinema tickets, food in Mr T and bus tickets as sis #1 is in a wheelchair so I kept her company on the bus while the others drove.

I am full of cold and sore throat and didn't sleep well so still in bed with the patio doors open and enjoying listening to the wind through the trees and catching up on turtles' news. Parents are coming up for lunch later which they are bringing so looking forward to seeing them (& a free lunch is always good ;)

Considering this is our holiday we are not spending too much. I have some payment for my self employment roles due any day & have done a budget for the next 5 weeks that takes me to Sept pay day. Hoping to pay off a chunk of my debt this month.

take care everyone
    Deni
    x
    LBM - October 2018; finally debt free on 16 March 2021
    2023 Mortgage Free Wannabee #92023 Mortgage free in March 23 !
    Decluttering Campaign member 2023🏅🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    Decluttering Campaign Member 2024 🏅🏅
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hiya turtlees

Bit blowy here today, got up early to get wash load on but decided agst it as it was raining. Off this afternoon -now it is brightening up will do a load, so if the washing stays on the line should dry - live on top of a hill.

Managed a NSD yesterday takes me up to 6.

Collected gs from zoo club. Had a reptile day, handling snakes and geckos. He was tired so stayed in. To be honest I had upset tummy this week so I felt drained last night so no great walking done.

Decided not to go to a concert got booked in September I can see the group locally later in the year, save on accommodation and hopefully someone is buying the ticket off me. Still need train fare but will save tenner on this. Makes sense plus I then have 2 extra holidays spare.

Haircut this afternoon so some spending. I will probably get the co op meal deal as I have ran out of ice cream and I do like the fish on offer.

Have a lovely day folks
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Bit tired today - woken at 7am by my ex tutee with his A level results. Good news though - he got 2 B's for his chemistry and biology (my subjects) and got his uni place.
    Then I've done more pottering and annoying jobs. Firstly I watched a bit of telly and still on with the blimming crochet project.
    Cats have been to vet
    Shopping done
    Dinner in the slow cooker
    Patch test done for my eyebrow tint next week.
    Usual bare minimum of housework and a load of washing
    Looking for recipes for chard. I have a load in my veggie box and I am not sure how to use it.
    Now I think I need a nap.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    NSD No 11

The bedding is all ironed and put back neatly in the bedding box so the pillowcase and matching duvet covers are together where I can find. No stray items. Done another chest and several drawers and have a couple of bin bags of things to be disposed of when Himself isn't looking. At the moment he's fiddling to put batteries into two little radios I came across. No idea what he's going to do with them. More plans for tomorrow.

The piri piri chicken was very nice but I think I would tweak the recipe a bit. The pork is all prepared ready to go in the oven. I'm quite enjoying my little adventure in to trying different things.

Our schools went back today. It was the littlest one's first day. She looked so cute in her uniform. Time flies. It just seems like yesterday her mother brought her home as a newborn.

Mothernerd - I hope everything goes well. Please take care.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Been to work today, still hate it. Really annoyed today, have had a medical issue for about 3 weeks which was much worse today, tried to get a GP's appointment today, you have to call after 8.15am, I am driving to work at that time, surgery closed all afternoon for 'staff training', offered an appointment at 11.15am today which was no good as at work, wouldn't let me book for tomorrow, last time I went to the doctors was 2015, I think that says I'm not a time waster. Rant over - but what is the point.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for my bloods being 'normal', for time with dd, for dh going out to get the bacon that I forgot, for making a successful cake for dh, for dd playing out, for needle felting a penguin, for doing all of my workout with the 12k kettlebell, for freshly-picked rasps, for dealing with a few tadpoles.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure