NST: August Adventures

Options

Comments

• sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all:j

Not an NSD today as I stupidly bought some things online, never learn...

Am doing some housework each day as not planning on doing any after friend arrives. I started on the bedroom, I am in it atm but will go into the spare room as the main one has a better bathroom (though still has a rubbish shower). Cleaned more windows & attempted to renovate wooden venetian blind. Big mistake as it came to bits. Spent ages cleaning it & trying to stain it a darker colour. My hands are a darker colour, but the blind is not. Will definitely need new blinds as it seem impossible to renovate them, such a shame.

Finally managed to get it back up at the bedroom window, will have to do for now.

Black cat did not appear last night, so I put out his food this morning. As soon as I turned my back the big birds ate it, though they left the gravy. After a while I noticed the dish was clean, so I put more food out & left it halfway across the patio, nearer to the door. Sure enough the cat appeared, very nervous & scarpered when it heard my phone camera shutter go.

Did a bit more work in the garden on the massive yucca plants. It's a WIP but may get it done before we leave, as not going for a while yet. Haven't seen another person for 2 days now, did find myself apologising to the spiders as I cleared their webs from the windows:rotfl:

Food was all from stores, all mostly YS, eating the contents of the fridge & still plenty in there for tomorrow.

Good luck mothernerd on your adventure

Checking in most days: Hello turtles!!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I am back. I have racked up 7NSDs so far. First day in Ireland I knew I had a problem, I got home at 11am yesterday, was in the dentist for 2.30pm and am on strong antibiotics until the end of next week. (NHS)

But I am home! yay! and I have plucked 2 borgettes and will make turtle fritters. 2 weeks of hols left. The weather has been bizarre. All terribly secret squirrel, but things have been achieved.

Missed you all, could not read along as my network would not cooperate and I could only call and text on my cheapie tariff. Sneaked into C0sta one day just to find out what you were all up to.

Going to inventory the pantry and clean this house. How 2 unsupervised menfolk can make such a mess in 11 days is beyond me. The bathrooms got done as soon as I got home, bleuch!!! - off to deploy the Henry.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you had a lovely time fOxholes.

Reporting in had to spend today - Friends husband passed away and needed a condolence card plus cake as seeing her after work. Life is short make the most of it folks.

Grateful for
    Boss leaving early today,
    I can see the weekend.

Wine and bbbbly bath night. I do shower the other days honest ;-)
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    NSD No 12

Should have been weekly shop day but the weather was awful so I'm going to leave it till tomorrow. Still have some cash left from last week's budget so that's a little bit more moved to savings.

The pork was delicious and easy to make. Himself was really impressed. I've tidied out the freezers and larder today. Much easier since I started doing it more regularly. Still quite a lot left in there. Having chicken with roasted vegetables tonight. A regular favourite to use up veg (and chicken of which we have a substantial amount!!!).

A little bit of decluttering today. Not much but better than nothing.

Dolly - I know what you mean about doctors' appointments. Our practice used to be really good but now they can't give you an appointment for weeks (and I do mean weeks) unless it's an emergency. I think people have realised that if they say it's urgent they'll get an appointment. I'm lucky that I no longer work so can go any time but it must be a nightmare for people needing to get time off work for routine appointments or for needing to be seen by a doctor but not for anything too serious. I don't know what has caused the problem. .
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options

Well I've sneaked another nsd in by virtue of the weather being so rubbish that I didn't leave the house today. I've spent most of the day finally getting my latest crochet blanket finished. It's a monster so I'm pleased that it's finally done...
    Dolly - feel your pain with the doctors. I had been trying since May to get my dd an appointment that I could go to with her and we finally got her in just over a week ago. I'm the same as you in that I can't ring on the day for an appointment, and am not a frequent attender by any means.
    Calling - sorry to hear about your friend's husband.
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    ccl chard was mentioned on the prepping thread last week. I think greyqueen was recommending growing it to people worried about shortages of salad crops post brexit - the leaves can be used like lettuce and the stalks like celery.

I'm back home now. Travelling was mostly wonderful but I did start to flag by late afternoon on both days. Mostly ate my own food (am now sick of boiled eggs and soya yoghurts - especially the eggs that got smooshed at the bottom of my rucksack). i washed the rucksack under the shower and hung it upside down on the towel rail overnight.

I went to sleep about 7 pm last night and slept (in 2 hour chunks) for nearly 12 hours). Went out early this morning (8 am) to have a look round to see where I needed to go (saw the church yesterday on the way from the train station to Abingdon town centre) without having to lug my luggage around.

Only used one taxi and my other indulgences were two roasted teacakes and a diet coke yesterday when I was still trying to find the accommodation and a bacon bap and a hot chocolate this morning. Abingdon is one of those towns with lots of 'nice to look at' shops - saw a lovely wooden Noah's Ark but it was £144 and you could buy extra animals for around £3 each. No thank you.

Today there were lots of tears and lots of hugging and chatting with cousins (5 of them there and saw 1 on the way to the bus station - he can't cope with public transport and lots of people). Despite us trying to break the mould, we only seem to get the chance to see each other at funerals. Need to check with one of my nieces as one of my bereaved cousins thinks he was in touch with her a while ago - there are less than 100 adults in this country with my surname so he knew they must be related in some way.

Today I am grateful for the life of my aunt, for meeting some younger members of the family for the first time, for getting seats on all the trains and buses I've been on and for being home in my own bed (well on rather than in atm).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all:j

Just a quick check in, another NSD achieved as didn't go out to spend, nor purchase anything online ...that however will change tomorrow..

Picking up DF at the airport & then off to a market quite a ways away, she expressed a wish to go there..plus I see the people from the animal charity I support, so always see them.

Hopefully pick up something for supper whilst there, spending will be involved.

Different cat arrived this morning obvs word has got out that I am soft touch. However, this one looked well fed so got nowt.

Later on the stray came & ate more than once.

All food from stores & mainly YS

Hope your tooth problem gets better foxholes - horrible pain..

Checking in when I can: Hello turtles
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,

Sorry for my absence. Got our students A level results and they really threw me we got our best and worst results and therefore overall we’re marginally worse than we’ve ever been. At least we can try again next year when I’ll be back in charge of my own department and miraculously most of my students were still accepted into uni, even when they completely missed the grades needed.

Up to SFD number 6 and still doing extra admin work.

Thank you to whoever used my Monzo link, I get told that someone I know has started to apply so we should both get a free £5.

Today I’ll do cleaning and admin work and hopefully dry some washing on the line :)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    f0xh0les - sorry to hear about your tooth issue, hope it didn't spoil your holiday.

mothernerd - good to hear your travels went smoothly.

I installed the NHS app on Thursday night, jumped through hoops to identify myself, waited until 6.30pm when our surgery released a grand total of 5 bookable appointments for the next day. Almost had one at 4.50pm but for some reason I lost it but did get a 4.30pm one so had to lose 1/2 hour pay at work to go plus the £9 prescription charge for antibiotics. I waited 3 weeks for my body to fix itself but what can you do if it won't?

Lots of back biting and moaning at work yesterday but none of it involved me so it is much better to watch from the sidelines. Not back there until after the bank holiday now.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Deni_debt-free_dreamer
    Options
    Morning everyone

DD1 and I are now back from our visit and it was lovely to sleep in my own bed last night. I enjoyed being away but there's no place like home :)
    Cats had been well looked after by my friend and hadn't left me any accidents!
    I've achieved only 1 x NSD this month but hopefully will manage some more now our holiday is over; still got a week off FT job but back to self employment role on Weds and Thurs.

Those struggling with GP appointments - I have online patient access and there are appointments I can book in advance, thankfully. Last time I went to the surgery they had put up a notice explaining why it is difficult to get appointments - it said it is a national issue due to lack of GPs - good to have an explanation but worrying.

DD1 and I are off to a concert tonight so I still feel in holiday mode ! As we stayed at my sis house I don't have piles of washing to do either! Still feeling rough with horrible cold and sore throat so going to take it easy today and potter at home till we go out later...

Hope everyone has a good day
    Deni xx
    LBM - October 2018; finally debt free on 16 March 2021
    2023 Mortgage Free Wannabee #92023 Mortgage free in March 23 !
    Decluttering Campaign member 2023🏅🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    Decluttering Campaign Member 2024 🏅🏅
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family