NST June 2019 - Ninja powers

Comments

• mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Some progress on the kitchen - one worktop clear (and taken off the first layer of sugar/ salt and some orange coloured gloopy stuff (honey/ maple syrup?). Other side nearly clear (that's my bit but they put the new microwave in it and most of the other bits have been dumped by other people). Can see the kitchen table in places and most of the floor.

Working at the speed of snails wading through treacle but did do quite a lot (stopped to rest 3 times for large breaks/ once to take painkillers). Can see an improvement in myself too. Not dramatic but not too long ago what I did yesterday would have needed two days to recover (one of them at least in bed) but although I am aware of some aches/ issues (bits that need treating tenderly today) and I've no desire to get up and rush at things, I will be able to do more later.

Went to get food at 7.30pm yesterday evening and was asleep shortly after 8pm. Woke at 1/4 to 5am (and have had pills, food, shower etc). I am meeting mum at 1.15pm to go to her audiology appointment (hoping the rain lets up by then as even 5 minutes waiting in this rain for her to arrive in the taxi would leave me soaked - might be the library foyer and a quick dash across the square when i see them).

I will probably spend money today, wrote a short list yesterday including lemons to clean the chopping board (more sugar/ salt with orange gloop mixture) but was too tired to venture out. Think it will depend on the rain and how wet I get - could live without if I have to.

Going to smother myself in moisturiser / E45/ suncream now and then search for something to wear (lots washed yesterday and found small marks on the things I put on - didn't matter as I was cleaning therefore likely to get even messier before the end). Think about lunch (had breakfast before 6am).

Today I am grateful that I will mostly be able to dodge the rain, that I can start slowly this morning and for a good night's sleep.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Up to 7 SFD now. Spent yesterday on house/ food just small amounts.

De clutter this weekend need to fill charity bag for Monday.

Sorry to hear about your Auntie Lauren hugs xx

Nothing major planned this weekend so minimum spend hopefully ;-)
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hello :hello:
    I have been here in spirit but SO very busy with exam marking. I kind of need the money to start rolling in for me here though because things are looking tight indeed. And it's still a fortnight until payday.
    Life is rumbling on as usual. Always busy with the exam marking - currently doing a minimum of 4 hours every day (think of the money), plus actual job work, plus family, plus ex.
    The legal costs continue to go up as my ex's behaviour gets more and more erratic. The sooner I'm sorted there, the better. It's a long story that I won't bore you with but basically he's missing again and a few various people are looking for him but chances of making progress with courts and legal stuff are slim until we know where he is.
    DD has been in France all this week - she's had fun with her friends, but hated the food bless her. I'm looking forward to having her home tonight and she's looking forward to having a bag of crisps or something. I just need to stay awake until 11pm for that...
    Also have been pretty overwhelmed by cards and gifts from my Year 11 today. It was their last exam and last day and I have a couple of bottles of wine and a couple of boxes of chocolates. What lovely, sweet kids.
    Anyway, there's not much to report on the frugal front. My legal expenses are now in the thousands and everything else just seems a bit pointless until this is sorted. I'm trying to keep the faith though...
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Guys-

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. My aunt has been very poorly for a while & while it isn't nice, I am glad she is no longer suffering.

Today is NSD number 8. Hoping for 9 by the end of the week. No chance of one tomorrow as it is family day at Hubs work & I have to show willing , although I am only taking £10 & it will be nice to spend time with the kids!

Minimise-
    Waste- Still trying to waste as little as possible & prepping meals around what needs using, drinking fruit tea (which I am sick to death of :rotfl:) and using samples of toiletries. I am not sure how I came to own so many toothpaste samples :rotfl::rotfl:
    Unnecessary spends- I don't think I have spent anything unnecessarily!
    Screen time- Hard when I work on a computer BUT I have come of facebook and I am spening my evening reading my book rather than looking at utter drivel on the internet- I don't know how I get sucked into spending so much time browsing at nothing!
    Maximise-
    Time with loved one- I did a painting this morning with the kids, for Fathers day. I can't afford to get him anything but I can make him a bacon sarnie in bed :) & I am sure he will love his card/Painting
    Exercise- on my bike tonight.
    Fruit & Veg intake- still sticking to my Weight watchers plan - lets see what the scales say next week! Even if I lose nothing, I feel better.

Grateful for- my head ache clearing :T, my friend giving me her clothes horse, I only took it as I knew it would be used at mine & didn't want to see if get thrown out but actually it is much better than mine anyway and holds loads more clothes, I love it (how sad) & for the poppies on my drive into work :A
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Today I am grateful for coming out the other side of being overwhelmed, for hitting nsd #12 (due to all the contributory factors of overwhelmedness), for a chat with the train stn homeless man and discovering that he sleeps in a hostel - so glad he has a 'roof', for dh finishing his 3 weeks of extra work, for dd getting a 'part' in their y6 final assemby/performance, for having the weekend ahead, for my swollen knees (after slipping on wet tiles and twisting both of them) being less ballooned, for getting important tasks done.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi all:j

Minimise:

Bills Looking to get some secondary DG on our old windows to help with heating this place. This will be a long-term project IMHO. To that end:

Clutter:
    Lots to clear before even survey to do windows could be organised. Mainly cleared some stuff in the garden as it magically stopped raining this afternoon. All the rain has meant that everything has made huge growth...well, the weeds at least.

Spending: Need to budget for groceries. Starting with £300 including pet food. Have receipt ready to file, but about £35/300. No spending today but yesterday stocked up & groceries the day before. DD is trying hard to budget (not a natural) which seems to involve cooking her food at our house, then taking it back.

Unnecessary spends None today.

Waste: No waste today & used up dessert from freezer, also gave DD her frozen fish & chips yesterday to take back. Made a tiny space in freezer.
    Maximise:
    Dreams (dream big): Would like to fit the DG as mentioned earlier, also need the driveway doing but would be a very large amount of cash as it's so big....Clearing the clutter will help enormously with this, both financially & in the long term. Outside painting needed now, will be a big job & need scaffolding. This again will be £££. DD did quite a bit of selling & whilst she didn't make a lot, she did get rid of some things. I have to now do the same & start selling this weekend. Did sell 2 DVDs.

Fruit and veg intake: Definitely need to increase F&V consumption, on this. Fruit with breakfast & some fruit this afternoon as usual. Did get a bit of veg although supper/lunch was a takeaway bought by DD for Fathers Day as she will be at work on Sunday. There was some veg in my dish..

Getting niggly jobs done Painting inside & out, get builder to fit cowl on chimneys, get chimney swept, painting outside as well. All our jobs are niggly, but DH did get some outstanding ones done. Still needs to see if the DW will work with the new hose he bought x weeks ago...

Health: Lose approx. a stone & a half. All the more needed as tried on some clothes yesterday in a changing room with a back view mirror, ugh not good. Had meant to start in earnest today but Chinese takeaway put a bit of a blight on that. However, will persevere.

Meal Planning: Need to meal plan as tend to go with the flow, and it doesn't always work out. Have plenty of food in but still need to plan.

Moving more - Most exercise taken as gardening. Todays exercise was cleaning AND gardening.

Time with those you love: Meals with DH & DD today, did have a laugh with them.

NSD: now 7/15

Check in every day Here I am, hello folks
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    Morning all.

Small spends yesterday on fizzy drinks for the kids (only have these at the weekend) and nuts for DH. Productive day at work I am having to learn everything by myself as there is no one to train me but at least they are aware of that so if I mess up they know why.

I'm sure today will involve spending money, it usually does. Received an order in the post yesterday, it's the skincare that I use and I buy it every 3 months or so.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    apple - sorry to hear you have taken a tumble.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,877 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Sorry, haven't posted for a couple of weeks :o

Minimise
    Bills - Weather has been awful so unfortunately not managed to line dry anything.
    Plastic - Recycling as much as possible and have been trying not to buy things wrapped in plastic where I can.
    Waste - No food waste. OH had been keeping on top of this and cooking meals that incorporate anything that needs used up.
    Screen time - Doing fairly well with this one.

Maximise
    Fruit and veg intake - :o really struggling.
    Health - Been out for a few runs and am planning another tomorrow.
    Extra pennies - Have been doing one or two shifts each week for 2nd job plus some overtime at my work.
    Time with those you love - Lots of quality time spent with OH including going away last weekend. Long chat with my sister yesterday.

Aim for 15 NSDs - 8/15 :D
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10542.72/£15000 (70.3% saved). Emergency fund - £1402.24/£1500 (93.5% saved).
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,861 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Plenty of things achieved today, really pleased with how much, but sadly there was cost involved in most of them. Still on 1 NSD.

Half way through June, the dryer is going, the rain is still falling. Hopefully it will dry up soon.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport