We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Starting Afresh Back Home

Options

Comments

• Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks guys, as always I appreciate your lovely comments and support! 

Well bf has gone off to his friend's stag weekend. I went to my mum's for tea, she did gnocchi and for pudding, profiteroles, yummy! 
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32, Apr £593.46, May £388.11
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,985 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Dinner sounds lovely Jessy! Enjoy your weekend to yourself!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Jessy103
    Options
    Thanks vix, it was a lovely meal and nice to spend time just mum and me.
    I had a good weekend but did miss bf so was happy when he returned home yesterday. From what he's told me, he did really well with his spending and didn't go mad, sticking to soft drinks and not overeating. Bless him. I'm happy that he's on the same page as me with regards to spending and wanting to save now so that we can have a nice future with less work.

My usual payment of £353.21 came off the mortgage, making the balance £67,146.79. I've made an overpayment of £446.79 so that I go under £67K and stay there. It will make things a little tight this month, I have my nan's birthday, my best friend's birthday, who I am going away with this weekend, just for the night, Mother's Day and bf's son's 13th birthday. His presents are all bought but we decided to book a chalet in a couple of weeks where we can stay the weekend and have him there with us, instead of spending the weekend staying at bf's parent's house. How can I put this nicely, bf's mum is a little intrusive and likes to be centre of attention, so we decided to pay out for a weekend where it's just us three and the dogs rather than her have it all about her. Oh, that and she sent a message to bf saying that if we were staying that weekend she was having her sisters round on the Sunday (bf's aunties) so we would have to leave by 1pm! As a person who is used to a family where if an auntie is coming round for dinner, then usually the whole family is coming round for dinner, I find this behaviour most peculiar! Each to their own, I suppose.

Back at work today, so lunch is lentil and red pepper soup and tea will be pie, mash and mushy peas. I did get some T3sc0 clubcard vouchers come yesterday so that'll be good for next week's food shop.

Take care
    Jess :)
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32, Apr £593.46, May £388.11
  • themadvix
    Options
    Very weird behaviour! The chalet sounds like a good idea - do it quick before BF's son actually morphs into the grunting teenage boy! :) I.e. make the most of it while he still wants to spend time with you!

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Jessy103
    Options
    themadvix said:
    Very weird behaviour! The chalet sounds like a good idea - do it quick before BF's son actually morphs into the grunting teenage boy! :) I.e. make the most of it while he still wants to spend time with you!
    Oh for sure, vix. He's already started with the odd grunt response so he won't be far off and the sleeping all morning! Although, me and bf are a little evil and when we need to wake him up, we send the dogs in who jump  all over him and lick him! Mwah ha ha haaa! :smiley:
  • themadvix
    Options
    🤣 love it! 

• themadvix
    Options
    You should be very proud of yourself Jessy! That’s some excellent progress!

Lots of other good stuff in there too. I think that’s probably the right attitude to take to work at the moment too - at least until something else comes along.

• Jessy103
    Options
    themadvix said:
    You should be very proud of yourself Jessy! That’s some excellent progress!

Lots of other good stuff in there too. I think that’s probably the right attitude to take to work at the moment too - at least until something else comes along.
    Thanks vix :)
  • Jessy103
    Options
    Hi money saving peeps! Hope you're well.

Had a lovely weekend celebrating my best friend's birthday, we went for a lovely meal and drinks on the Saturday night, stayed over in a hotel and then got up and went for a yummy breakfast. £85 spent in all but it's a rare occurrence because neither of us live in Yorkshire anymore so don't get to see each other as much and life is for living! 

My printer has died a death so I have had to buy Mother's Day cards instead of making them. I think I'll ask for money for my birthday in June and invest in a new one. 

T3sc0 shop is coming tonight, I received a voucher from them, £12 off when you spend over £80. I used this to buy extras of what I would usually buy with the total coming to £90.12 but considering the panic buying of loo rolls etc, I'm not sure I will get everything I have ordered, I'll have to wait and see!! Although, am I just as bad because I stock up on things, even though this is something I've been doing for years?!

Not a lot else to report, I have to wait towards the end of the month before I can decide if I can pay any more off the mortgage, I'm hoping I will be able to spare a few pounds to keep the ball rolling.

Take care
    Jess :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure