We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Starting Afresh Back Home

Options

Comments

• Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks hetty and I'm glad to hear you're happy now. I know something will come along, I just need to keep going! At least with this job I know I'm making good progress with paying off my mortgage and saving money.

I've got today off which has been nice, I had a cup of tea and a chat with my mum which was lovely. I also found a tenner while out walking the dogs!! I had some good karma there! 

Tonight my parents are hosting a quiz night to raise money for mum's local MS Society branch. I'm looking forward to it, just hoping the questions aren't too hard lol! 

I picked up my new glasses, they're very nice and I can see so much clearer  :smiley:

Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32, Apr £593.46, May £388.11
  • South_coast
    South_coast Posts: 5,006 Forumite
    Options
    I've worn glasses for distance for the last 11 years and still find it fascinating to look at something far away and lift them up and down off my eyes - surely other people don't really see that well 😂! Money definitely well spent....

....I need to get out more....
    Mortgage start: £65,495 (March 2016)
    Cleared 🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️!!! In 5 years, 1 month and 29 days
    Total amount repaid: £72,307.03. £1.10 repaid for every £1.00 borrowed

Finally earning interest instead of paying it!!!
  • Jessy103
    Options
    Couldn't agree more SC! I was looking at the trees thinking 'OMG look at all the leaves!' :smiley:

The MS Society quiz went well. It was held at the local church hall and there was 10 teams of 4 so a good turnout. Me and the bf joined up with my mum's best friend and her husband and we came 3rd! Mum announced at the end of the night that £250 was raised so she was really pleased. 

Apart from that, we haven't really done much all weekend apart from watch the rest of series 7 of Doc Martin and start on series 8. We've also been making our way through series 2 of Brooklyn 99 and watched the film The Terminal. We're trying to make the most of the Netflix subscription. I decided to cancel my Prime membership. I've found the tv and films haven't been very good lately and I'm just not making the most of the free postage, so the £7.99 will go into the savings pot instead.

Back to the madhouse tomorrow which I'm not looking forward to but I've got Friday and the following Monday off so that will certainly help. BF is off on a stag weekend to Skeg for his friend so it'll be a quiet weekend, just me and the dogs. A good time to do some cross-stitch and have a sort out of some of my books. I want to get back into reading and I have a lot to get through! 

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend :) 
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32, Apr £593.46, May £388.11
  • Jessy103
    Options
    Yesterday wasn't too bad after all. I hadn't slept well through worrying about going back to work but the day actually went quickly without any hitches and I got a bottle of wine from a director for helping him with his work load! Considering I had written out my notice last week and was tempted to hand it in, that little gesture meant a huge amount to me. Also on a plus note, a new director who joined last year has handed his notice in. He isn't a very nice man who's made quite a few sexist comments in the meetings I hold and even mocked me in front of three other directors, I won't miss him when he's gone! 

Yesterday's lunch was carrot and parsnip soup and tea was cheese and onion crisp bakes, wedges and beans. Tomato soup for lunch today and pancakes for tea tonight! The T3sc0 shop is coming later as well, £80 for the next two weeks. a little more than I wanted to spend but we need a few toiletries. Still making my way through the shower gels, sprays and lotions in the cupboard :)
  • Jessy103
    Options
    The interest of £205.38 was added on today taking the total to £67,605.38. I have some money left in my current account and get paid tomorrow, so I've made an overpayment of £105.38. With my normal payment of £353.21 and an overpayment of £400 for March it will take me under £67K and even when the interest is added on next month, it won't go back over. That means another box ticked off my chart!! (insert happy little jumping smiley man)

Mushroom soup for lunch and a T3sc0 indian for tea tonight. BF goes on his friend's stag tomorrow and comes back Monday lunchtime so I've taken tomorrow and Monday off as well. I'm sure I can find some meals for one in the house and I'm going round to have tea with my mum tomorrow as my dad is working lates. :)
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,985 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Great progress Jessy!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• South_coast
    Options
    Fantastic work 😀 Enjoy your long weekend
    Mortgage start: £65,495 (March 2016)
    Cleared 🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️!!! In 5 years, 1 month and 29 days
    Total amount repaid: £72,307.03. £1.10 repaid for every £1.00 borrowed

Finally earning interest instead of paying it!!!
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Excellent progress! 

Fingers crossed the director leaving will make work more bearable, he sounds like a right ****
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Jessy103 said:
    . Also on a plus note, a new director who joined last year has handed his notice in. He isn't a very nice man who's made quite a few sexist comments in the meetings I hold and even mocked me in front of three other directors, I won't miss him when he's gone! 

Sounds to me like someone has had a word.  They will never say it to you (it may give you cause to claim) but not everyperson likes people being unnecessarily unpleasant as in sexist homophobic etc.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure