Starting Afresh Back Home

Options

Comments

• Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Had a phone interview yesterday, it went well but unfortunately the job was for minimum wage and the same amount of hours as I work now, so add on the bus fair and travel everyday, it really wouldn't be worth it. I wish job ads would put on the hours of work and salary. I wouldn't have applied for it if I had known this already. I've still got my heart set on the primary school job, but applications don't close until 13th Feb and I have a feeling A LOT of people will have applied for it. I'm just hoping my years of experience in admin/reception from leaving school and my charming personality will win them over! LOL!

The mortgage balance stands at £67,500. I'm desperate to pay off some more but I'm going to wait until the interest gets added on. I've been doing tilly tidies into my savings account so hopefully by the end of the month that will have given it a nice little boost.

I bodged up the figures on my matched betting spreadsheet and had a panic last night that I was at a £50 loss!!! Luckily bf spotted my mistake and all was well but I decided to have a little rest for a couple of days until all the money has come in and gone out of my bank account and I can start again all squared up. BF is however powering on with a £100 profit last night! He is putting his into his help to buy isa. He has said he'd like to give me a bit extra to pay off the mortgage but I feel like I can't say yes to that as the mortgage is only in my name.

Anyway, best get on with the grind, nearly the weekend!

Take Care x
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32, Apr £593.46
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,793 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Ooh, excellent MB progress there from both of you! :money:

Pah to the job, that really is most vexing to waste everyone's time like that. Fingers crossed for the school job instead x
  • Jessy103
    Options
    Thanks cheery :D
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32, Apr £593.46
  • Jessy103
    Options
    Hi Everyone! :)

I'm getting used to the new forum, although it doesn't work as well on my tablet or phone as it does my PC so it makes reading diaries in bed on a evening less relaxing than I would like! 

Had a nice weekend in Suffolk again with BF's son and family. We ate at his parent's house Saturday tea time and Sunday dinner so no spends there. I didn't get my walk on the beach though due to the weather and the drive home was a little scary but apart from that it was lovely. It is BF's son's 13th birthday at the end of March so I feel some large amounts of money will be spent there!

We finally got a date for the gas being connected to the house, 6th-8th April. It's a long wait still but they have to set up traffic lights due to the road we're on. They will come the 6th April to set up the lights on the otherside of the road and connect the gas from the otherside to halfway across. The 7th, they will then fill the hole from the previous day and set up lights on our side of the road to connect the gas the rest of the way. The 8th will then be when they fill it that hole and connect it to the house. I live in a village and I assume I will be the talk of it with all the trouble this will cause! lol!

T3sc0 shop is coming tonight and I had £6.50 worth of vouchers so it was only £65 for the next two weeks. Lunch was spaghetti hoops on toast and tea will be freezer pizza! Yummy!

The primary school job applications close on Thursday, hoping they won't take long to come back to me whether I get an interview or not, I'm living in anxiety at the moment about this so desperately need to know. Unfortunately, no other jobs to apply for at the moment but I will keep checking. Hoping to start again with my matched betting tonight, a little extra money in my savings will help give me a boost - work continues to be pants! 

Have a lovely week everyone :)
    Jess x
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,793 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Fingers crossed for the primary school jobs! And eek at being the talk of the village - perhaps you'll spark a revolution and everyone else will want gas too! (or perhaps 'spark' isn't the right word...). 

I'm quite jealous of your impending gas supply - we're not on mains, we have a large LPG tank and I've realised this morning it's down to 13%, eek! Delivery scheduled for the next few days so shouldn't be a problem, but running out of gas is a thing I could do without worrying about!!

You've also reminded me I have a tin of spaghetti hoops but no bread... might pick up a loaf for the freezer and have hoops on toast for tea, not had that for yonks!
  • Jessy103
    Options
    Fingers crossed for the primary school jobs! And eek at being the talk of the village - perhaps you'll spark a revolution and everyone else will want gas too! (or perhaps 'spark' isn't the right word...). 

I'm quite jealous of your impending gas supply - we're not on mains, we have a large LPG tank and I've realised this morning it's down to 13%, eek! Delivery scheduled for the next few days so shouldn't be a problem, but running out of gas is a thing I could do without worrying about!!

You've also reminded me I have a tin of spaghetti hoops but no bread... might pick up a loaf for the freezer and have hoops on toast for tea, not had that for yonks!

Thanks cheery! I'll be glad when the gas is all done and I've got my nice new boiler , means I can move on to doing other things in the house! I bet, cheery. I read about that in your diary earlier, it's handy that the company has that automatic refill because I'd forget too! The spaghetti hoops were yummy and can I also suggest a sprinkling of grated cheese on the top :)

I've just spent the £25 m4rks&sp3nc3r voucher I got for Christmas. I've got some new knickers and two bras and I only had to pay £8.50 myself. I'm not one for fancy lingerie, it's all about comfort! 

I also sorted out the bathroom cabinet this evening and decided that I'm not to buy anymore soaps, moisturising creams, body sprays or perfumes until the ones I have are all used up. 

Take care x

• Jessy103
    Options
    Well, I got an email from the primary school and I didn't get the job or even an interview, which was pretty heart-breaking. They wanted a receptionist/administrator and that's all I've done since I left school so I just don't understand  :'( BF thinks it could be cos I put I have to give 1 months notice at current job and they wanted someone before that.  It's left me pretty deflated. 

I think this weekend I'll have a good think about the next step, do I stick with my current job which is good money with no expenses but mentally draining or do I keep trying to find another job in hope that the grass will be greener on the otherside. 

In better news, my m&s order came. The postman came when we were at work but luckily living in a village has its advantages, he knew who my mum was and where she lived so he took it there for me!! I think I'll have to give him a tip next time I see him! It's nice having some new pants and a job this weekend will be to get rid of the old ones with air holes!   :D

BF took me out for a lovely meal at the local Indian restaurant last night for Valentine's. It was the first time in my life that someone has taken me out for Valentine's so it was very special. I even got a free rose from the owner of the restaurant which I gave to my mum to say thanks for having the dogs for us while we went out. 

Have a lovely weekend and stay safe in storm dennis! 
    Jess x

• themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,948 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the job Jessy. It might have been that they had someone in mind so don’t take it too much to heart.

Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• South_coast
    Options
    Jessy, I could have written that exact same thing about sticking with the current job which is good money but mentally draining! I don't know what type of CS you do, but it I have been at it for 13 years now and people's expectations are definitely rising. Whereas before they knew when they were being cheeky and accepted it if they were knocked back, now they don't even seem to think they are being cheeky and consider themselves entitled to whatever they ask for! I've decided to stick with it and get my head down for now, but trying hard to give as little of my attention to it as possible when I'm not there, leave on time and don't read emails out of hours. Next on the list is actually taking a lunch break and getting some head space during the day! 

Good luck with whatever you decide    xxx
    Mortgage start: £65,495 (March 2016)
    Cleared 🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️!!! In 5 years, 1 month and 29 days
    Total amount repaid: £72,307.03. £1.10 repaid for every £1.00 borrowed

Finally earning interest instead of paying it!!!
  • Jessy103
    Options
    Thank you TMV and south, I really appreciate the kind words x

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback