Starting Afresh Back Home

Options

Comments

• Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Well, it's Friday!!! Thank goodness! It's felt like such a long week and I only have a few more hours to work before I'm free for the weekend!

I did my trigger bet on W1ll14m H1ll last night and have placed my £30 free bet now on the footie tonight. I did make a bit of a booboo with my B3tf41r account in that I used Paypal for depositing money, thinking it would be safer but not thinking about the account that is linked to my Paypal is my credit card!!! Doh!! I have received a £3 charge on my cc :( Oh well lesson learnt!

We're off to Suffolk this weekend to visit bf's son. We stop at bf's parent's house so no cost incurred there and his parents love the dogs so they get to come too. We'll have a nice walk on the beach tomorrow afternoon so the dogs can have a good run and then bf has suggested that we go out to p1zz4 h*t for tea. As I am a very generous person and it was bf's idea, I think I'll let him pay for us! :rotfl:

We need to get a sack of dog food from M0rr1s0ns but as bf's mum works there, we'll be able to use her staff discount :j

Have a great weekend people! :D
    Jess x
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32, Apr £593.46
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,946 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy Suffolk Jessy! It’s one of my favourite places :)
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Jessy103
    Options
    Thanks tmv! We had a lovely, FRESH walk on the beach and then a yummy p1zz4 h*t, just me, bf and bf's son. We then had a mooch round th3 r4ng3 and I may have bought a candle, a throw and a cute little wooden lighthouse to put in the bathroom. Naughty, I know but you have to enjoy life with some little treats!
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32, Apr £593.46
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Life is too short.. treat yourself without guilt :D
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Jessy103
    Options
    Thanks Moneyfordreams!!

My interest of £207.18 got added on over the weekend taking me to £68,007.18, so I've swiftly made an overpayment of £107.18. I can now cross the £68k box off my chart as I'm not going above that again!

I needed that little pick me up this morning. I'm really feeling down at the moment, I seem to be everyone's punching bag at work and I wish I didn't let it get to me, but that's easier said then done! I know this journey is a marathon but when I think that once I've paid this mortgage off, we'll want to move somewhere bigger and will then have a whole new mortgage to pay off, it just fills me with dread that I will never be able to leave my current job and will be stuck feeling this way forever.

I have so much to be grateful for but I'm finding it difficult to get that in my head at the moment and feel all doom and gloom. I'm only working four days this week, I have Friday off for an eye test (I'm sure I will need new glasses as I haven't had a test in three years!) and an appointment with the nurse at the GP surgery. At least that will give me an extra bit of time away from the office to chill out and get me out of my funk.

Sorry to be so miserable guys, I hope you all have a great week! I'm trying some more matched betting this week so hopefully I will have some pleasant news soon!

Take care
    Jess x
  • themadvix
    Options
    I understand how you feel about the 'pay it off, move, bigger mortgage' thing Jessy, but try not to think about that too much. Our intention was only to be here 5 years... then 7 and now we're nearly into our 8th. Part of this is that we don't know what we want - we thought we did, but now we're comfortable here (despite the drawbacks - which haven't gone away, I guess we've just got used to them!) and it seems much harder to move (especially with the thought of the massive mortgage it would entail!). By the time you've paid the mortgage off, who knows what your situation will be - things change!

Could you look at moving job? Either within the organisation or elsewhere? There might be commuting costs, but you might get a better paid role elsewhere as well as better job satisfaction.

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Jessy103
    Options
    Thanks TMV, I appreciate it :) We're being sensible when we think about what we want in our next house and that is two bedrooms, a driveway and a garden, so when I think about it, the mortgage we will have to get won't be huge. Like you say it's just the thought of it all that's so scary!

I have been looking at other jobs but unfortunately none have come up that would be more money to cover my travelling costs. As I don't drive, I'd end up going early and coming back late on the bus and not be able to come home at lunch like I do now. I'm keeping an eye out for jobs coming up internally too so fingers crossed! It's a shame because I like the people I work with and it's not a bad place to work, it's just badly managed. like many places I suppose!! I'm hoping I'm just having a bad couple of weeks and things will settle back down soon.

I've just done my next T3sc0 shop. It came to £75 for two weeks, a little more than usual but that's because we end up buying some cider on a Friday night from the C0 0P, so I've bought some from T3sc0 instead and at £2 cheaper. There's a few toiletries on there too.
  • ch4rly2002
    Options
    Hope you had a lovely time in Suffolk visiting DH's family.

Have you considered working for a large organisation that would allow you to work from home? I work for a large IT organisation and they allow home working (I have to work in the office 2 days a week because I am learning a new part of the business and the woman I work very closely with is in the local office, but that is unusual, most people choose to work 100% from home or 100% in the office). I have gone back to my old organisation to a role that is much simpler than my previous role, pretty much just admin (processing proposals and orders, as opposed to Account Management I was doing before that was far more complex) and I am earning more than before at £35k. So, you don't necessarily have to tech-minded to work for these types of places, they need a broad range of people, including admin-type people who don't know much about IT. Might be something to think about as it might solve your problem of work location and bring in some extra money. If you want I can send you a list of the best large IT organisations to apply for (especially mine as I know they allow working from home).
    Mortgage: Mar 2018 -£300,000 / Jul 2021 -£255,000
    Student Loan: March 2011 -£18,275.04 / Jul 2021 -£10,425.28
    Joint Savings: Aim £13.5k. Dec 2016 £1,700 / Jul 2021 £36,600
    Loan to In-Laws: Sep 2010 -£48,185.82 / Apr 2019 £0
    Car Loan: Sep 2018 -£16,265 / Apr 2019 £0
    Credit Card 0%: Nov 2016 -£4,500 / Apr 2019 £0
  • themadvix
    Options
    Or... and you might have reasons you don't want to share for not doing this.... but...maybe consider learning to drive? I appreciate it's another (big) expense potentially, but might it open up a much wider marketplace? If you do, I wouldn't necessarily bother with a manual test these days - as we move into hybrid/electric vehicles, they're all auto, so much easier to drive.

Just a thought - like I said, I appreciate you might have reasons not to do this, which I totally understand.

• Jessy103
    Options
    Thanks ch4rly and TMV, I really appreciate the support! If you would ch4rly that would be great, thank you.

TMV, I have thought about driving but it's so costly and I worry about how bad my eyesight is, I'd hate the thought of putting anyone in danger but I will ask about this at my eye test on Friday!

I did decide to stop having a pity party and pull my socks up, so I have applied for three jobs today. The first two would be a bus ride but the third is at the primary school in the next village, only a bicycle ride away! It sounds perfect and although there would be a pay cut as it's only during term time, it's enough to cover the bills and it sounds great! Fingers crossed! :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback