🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

My year of living dangerously

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    Options
    I was woken in the night by a young person in fear and needing financial help. This is a person I have known since their birth. I helped but it cost me just under £500. That is a lot to me but may help this young person get back on track with their business. I checked their situation with another (trusted) family member (in case drugs or cohesion were issues) but it is as they said. It may be throwing good money after bad. All I know is I could help so I did. This person really opened up to me and has never asked for a penny from me in his life. I have let go of the outcome.

So, for November I will be eating from stores and yellow sticker shopping. I have plenty of dried beans so I will use them up and make veggie burgers. Today's veggie burger will be adzuki bean and pumpkin. I will make a tahini lime dressing to go with them. I'll see if I can get some YS salad veggies later today.

I have my mindful movement (whatever that is) class today at lunchtime. I no longer have money for trainers so I will use what I have until my December budget kicks in.

I already have washing done and outside drying and another load in the machine.

Off to make my burgers :)

Wishing you all a positive day :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Somethings are just worth spending money on. This may help your weight loss journey too ;)
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 50% through my pb challenge.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    That's really kind of you to help out :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I had my first free exercise class.:T It was Tai Chi and really nice. A good walk to get there too. On the way back I stopped off at a supermarket I know does good fresh stuff reductions. Good timing, as I got:

Stew pack £1.50 reduced to 38p
    Asparagus tips and tender stem broccoli £1.75 reduced to 44p X3
    Tomatoes £1.50 to 75p
    Organic peppers £1.80 to 90p
    Salad leaves £1.30 to 65p
    Satsumas £1.40 reduced to £1
    Giant mushrooms! £1.00 to 50p
    Courgettes £1.20 to 60p

So, tons of fruit and veggies for about £6

Today is the pumpkin and adzuki bean burgers, tahini lime sauce and salad with veggie soup and toasted pumpkin seeds. There was no fresh stock for the soup so I used miso as a substitute.;)

I will use mushrooms and asparagus with eggs for late brunches. Tomorrow I will make a veggie curry as I have coconut milk and lots of frozen fresh turmeric to use. I will mix brown rice and cauliflower rice to have with it.

I found a few pieces of chicken in the freezer so will do a veg and chicken tagine.

There is a tin of sardine fillets so another salad there. With leftovers from all that I expect that will take me into the weekend when I will review.

I am pleased with how today has gone. On the downside, I should confess to an ultra messy home, lots of cleaning to do and no actual project work done so far. :o:( Off to wash dishes...

I hope you are all having a good day :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,781 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    That brought a wee tear to my eye.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    How every kind and thoughtful of you to help out your young friend - and at a time when things are financially rather tight for you. I'm sure karma will come boomeranging back to you in a very positive way. :)

Your meal plans sound delicious. Quite puts me to shame. :o
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Those are fantastic bargains :T
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    That brought a wee tear to my eye.
    Parting with that much money nearly brought a wee tear to my eye too :rotfl:
    How every kind and thoughtful of you to help out your young friend - and at a time when things are financially rather tight for you. I'm sure karma will come boomeranging back to you in a very positive way. :)
    Your meal plans sound delicious. Quite puts me to shame. :o
    Thanks SSG58 :)
    jwil wrote: »
    Those are fantastic bargains :T
    I know! And all healthy too :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Somethings are just worth spending money on. This may help your weight loss journey too ;)
    I don't regret it and I have been yellow sticking and eating better already so you may be right :)
    jwil wrote: »
    That's really kind of you to help out :)
    Thanks jwil.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Adzuki bean burgers were very tasty. So good I made another batch immediately. There was no pumpkin left but I had two this evening and they tasted good anyway.

A NSD today. :T
    I was tempted to pop out for some fruit, but one thing would have led to another and I also felt like K crisps and wine, so I stayed put.;)

I have not yet heard back from the windows company. :(

Today my house looked tatty and unclean, there is so much to do it began to feel insurmountable. My kitchen sink has a new fault and it felt like the final straw. I need a window fitter, plumber, an electrician and a builder but keep coming up with blanks. Think of a trade and I need them. Getting fed up. Sigh. I feel too old not to have a functional kitchen or bathroom…:(

I will either walk or get outside and garden, maybe both, as soon as I get up tomorrow that might help improve my mood…

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business